First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I fully concur with this Road & Track assessment! If you live in an area close enough to do a 200-mile round trip road drive to Philadelphia and if you are sufficiently focused on road and track driving to be reading Road & Track magazine, then I'm absolutely sure a Ford, perhaps a Ford Bronco, is the better vehicle for you.

But, if those criteria apply to you, why are you posting on this forum? Why are you on this forum?
Some of us have multiple interests when it comes to vehicles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 3D5D0F4E-FDA3-4C0D-9EE6-872F07A2F316
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Yep, for 90%+ of the soccer moms that buy a Wrangler, the Bronco would be a better choice. I see no harm in saying that, and really wish they would buy it instead of the Wrangler. Maybe then I wouldn't see so many mall crawlers.
Mall-crawler Saharas pay for the R&D on Rubicons, XRs, 392s, etc etc. The Wrangler would be a lot more expensive, or just wouldn’t exist, if only hardcore types bought it.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I find that I respect vehicles that go "all-in" on something. When nothing gets priority other than that one aspect.

Examples:
Corvette - all in on performance. Screw drivability. Screw trunk volume. Convenience. Winter drivability.
Prius - all in on economy. Sucks in every other way! Don't rip me for this, but you have to respect this vehicle for it's single-minded purpose.
Jeep Wrangler - off road capability. we all know this one.

The Bronco may be a better vehicle for many. But it IS compromised in some fashion. If you gave me one, I'd probably drive it and it's probably a great vehicle. But it doesn't get the same respect.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Personally, I found my 2018 Sport pretty bad on the highway, but my 2021 4xe Rubicon is a lot better, either due to the extra weight of the 4xe or the softer suspension/tire package of the Rubicon. Aside from the loud wind noise (I signed up for that, not Jeep’s fault) it’s more comfortable to drive than my wife’s 2022 Acura MDX that crashes over every tiny bump the Jeep floats over.

I’m probably the demographic that should be in a Bronco, as I don’t off-road regularly (mostly just during hunting season) enough to need the SFA. However, I like the looks and history of the Jeep more, as well as the narrower form factor, and the PHEV drivetrain. Plus I trust Jeep a little more than Ford, the interior feels nicer, and I didn’t have to play a crazy waiting game or pay way over MSRP to get my Jeep. I’ve factory ordered two JLs now, and the process was fast (4-6 weeks), easy, and I got a decent discount both times.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I find that I respect vehicles that go "all-in" on something. When nothing gets priority other than that one aspect.

Examples:
Corvette - all in on performance. Screw drivability. Screw trunk volume. Convenience. Winter drivability.
Prius - all in on economy. Sucks in every other way! Don't rip me for this, but you have to respect this vehicle for it's single-minded purpose.
Jeep Wrangler - off road capability. we all know this one.

The Bronco may be a better vehicle for many. But it IS compromised in some fashion. If you gave me one, I'd probably drive it and it's probably a great vehicle. But it doesn't get the same respect.
I dunno, my brother's C6 is a pretty good daily driver for him. When he's just commuting and not tearing up the track it gets 30 MPG. lol.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I dunno, my brother's C6 is a pretty good daily driver for him. When he's just commuting and not tearing up the track it gets 30 MPG. lol.
Plus Corvettes have crazy amount of trunk space for what they are.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Before anybody criticizes the Bronco for being more street friendly go back through this entire forum and see how many posts you can find with Jeep owners complaining about the Jeep’s vague steering, seat discomfort and the “harsh ride” of the Rubicon model
"I can complain about Jeeps to other Jeep owners, because I have one...other people cant."

Kinda like being from Cleveland.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
4Xe stock vs. badlands Sasquatch stock...

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 3D5D0F4E-FDA3-4C0D-9EE6-872F07A2F316
This is another good shot that shows the broncos lack of articulation, which drives the need for lockers on all trim models. The grade is about a foot higher on the broncos side of that protruding boulder. But that was well known by the person who staged that posing pic.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, for 90%+ of the soccer moms that buy a Wrangler, the Bronco would be a better choice. I see no harm in saying that, and really wish they would buy it instead of the Wrangler. Maybe then I wouldn't see so many mall crawlers.
Yeah, once the broncos start actually making it out to buyers, we might see a drop off of steering complaints. I'm not at all obsolving Jeep of some true issues, but the majority of the complaints I've read here are from 1st time buyers coming from gentler commuters or their tires are grossly overinflated.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I had a Sahara I believe as a rental car for a few days. I thought it drove fine on city streets, but definitely seemed a bit squirrelly on highway. It drove kind of how I expected a jeep to drive but it was a bit surprising since my daily car is a Grand Cherokee.

Regardless, I enjoyed the car. Something about a jeep just puts a smile on your face. I think it is the retro looks, practicality, and higher riding position.

A big issue with many cars is they are appliances. They lack character. The designs get old and played out. They have no personality.

One of my reasons for getting a 392 is the engine is soul stirring, but also that it is a car that will still look good even after 10+ years of ownership. I can see myself owning it for a very long time. Jeeps age very well.

Most people can't tell a JK from a JL at a glance. People see a TJ and t still looks cool. A buddy of mine growing up had an old postal jeep. Sliding doors and all. Painted it matte gray. Everyone loved that car. He got stopped all the time and chicks actually liked that beater.... compared to say a typical hooptie that is 20+ years old.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
A big issue with many cars is they are appliances. They lack character. The designs get old and played out. They have no personality.
100% this. When I got my Sport in 2018, I had three requirements:

-back seat
-under $50-60k/good lease deal
-be “interesting”

I drove all kinds of stuff and most of it was dull, dull, dull. The Jeep was fun, interesting, and had character.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Rivalries are healthy for both parties. [look no further than the introduction of the 392]

Jeep has had a monopoly for decades. We should be happy that it's over.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
“Competition” is a double-edge sword.

I just hope that the current German Italian French owners of Jeep understand Wrangler’s uniqueness and respect it, instead of chasing after sales volume.

Next thing we know we have a Citroen-based CUV with a Wrangler sticker on it. Remember what happened to Cherokee, Renegade.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638293565270

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638293647890

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638292959323

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638293135622

Last edited:

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Why do people keep bringing these Bronco reviews here? I mean who cares. I have yet to see one on the trail and IF and when I do, I hope it's me that has to winch him over that obstacle.
Sponsored