Sponsored

Just know that your JLU holds 21 gallons of Fuel.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep Wrangler JL Just know that your JLU holds 21 gallons of Fuel. 1620048080380
Sponsored

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Free health care...... Just a little info on this topic. There are many countries that have programs that only are affordable to them because they do not pay for a military and provide their own national defense. Instead they 100% depend on the US to come to their aid if they were invaded or need to defend their nation. For instance, Canada does not have the ability to mount up and defend its nation from an invasion and depend on the US to help. Because they do not have to spend money to support a standing military, they can provide their "free health care". In the mean time the US tax payer picks up their bill to provide protection to Canada in the event of an invasion.

Canada spend approximately 22 billion on their military. Mean while the US spends 778 billion. If the US was not providing military protection to well over half the world, we could also have and afford many of the same programs that other coountries enjoy because the US picks up their military expenditures.
There's virtually nothing true to this. We don't spend as much on military simply because we don't need to and don't put our nose in other nations' business for our own interest. Simple as that. USA spends more on military than the ten next countries combined.

We spend 22 billions because we are 36 millions citizens. It's ten times less than USA. There's your reason.

That's a choice USA makes. Nothing forces them. It's a strategy to keep control on ressources and foreign politics. Nothing else. I'm not saying it's good or bad: it's just the way it is.

USA would have more than enough money for a public healthcare system. It's a choice. Plus, a lot of people, who have a lot of powers and a lot of money to give to politicians, don't want the system change. Because the system fits their will and their needs.

Read this; USA's healthcare system is faulty at best: https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...d-health-consumption-spending-per-capita-2019

Stop blaming other nations. That's your social choice and yours only.

P.S.: Sorry if it sounds like i'm throwing s*** at you: not the case. You guys are doing A LOT of things right and there's no one to beat USA when this country comes together. But when it comes to a proper healthcare system, you just ain't cutting it.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There's virtually nothing true to this. We don't spend as much on military simply because we don't need to and don't put our nose in other nations' business for our own interest. Simple as that. USA spends more on military than the ten next countries combined.

We spend 22 billions because we are 36 millions citizens. It's ten times less than USA. There's your reason.

That's a choice USA makes. Nothing forces them. It's a strategy to keep control on ressources and foreign politics. Nothing else. I'm not saying it's good or bad: it's just the way it is.

USA would have more than enough money for a public healthcare system. It's a choice. Plus, a lot of people, who have a lot of powers and a lot of money to give to politicians, don't want the system change. Because the system fits their will and their needs.
Are you saying that Canada is capable of defending itself if invaded?

The Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) is Canada's navalforce consisting of approximately 8,300 Regular Force and 3,600 Reserve sailors, supported by around 3,800 civilian employees

I am sure you have the ability to stop an invasion by sea.

Or how about repealing an invading force?

As of 2020, the Canadian Army has 23,000 regular soldiers, 19,000 reserve soldiers (including 5,300 members of the Canadian Rangers), for a total of 42,000 soldiers.

Aircraft. The Royal Canadian Air Force has about 391 aircraft in service. Note these are NOT all combat ready or combat effective air craft.

Just know that your country depends on the fact that the US will come to its aid in the time of need. That my fine sir is not up to discussion. There is zero chance that if Russia or China was to invade Canada, that your country could do anything about. Just like Europe, there is not one country that has the ability to protect itself with out the help of the US. And that is truthful and it does not matter if you believe it or not. Just as Germany had 4 combat Jets in 2018, they also depend on the US to deter any military action against them.

And you're wrong on the cost. The US military budget is larger than the next 14 highest military budget combined worldwide.

I agree that the US needs to change its policies and our citizens would benefit from it. But as long as the US tax payer continues to provide the funding to prop up the other countries around the world militarily, we will not have those things.

But to ignore the fact that Canada benefits from having the US protect it is just well silly.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Are you saying that Canada is capable of defending itself if invaded?
No, we're not. Plain and simple. And at 36 millions, if invaded (let's say by Russia up north), we'd be destroyed in about 12 minutes, even if we spent a crazy amount of money on military.

Now, click on the link i've just send and explain to me how and why you spend twice the amount per capita on healthcare even if your system ain't public. Because that's your talking point, right? We spend less because you spend more on military?

So how can this happen?

Last edited:

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
There are numerous factors for our Healthcare vs. Military expenses. Immigration, fraud, greed, etc. In the end the US spends more money on most everything across the globe. Ironically I hear of many people that have the money so guess where they go....the US. Which is good and bad since it drives different markets and prices. The government in the US seems to be polarizing and inefficient today. Doesn't mean tomorrow they couldn't institute tough love (end US state and World US federal welfare) and fiscally responsible (no more bullet trains that stay in consultation forever CA). Crazy and interesting world. Probably why we buy Jeeps and enjoy Nature's beauty

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
My bud had to run up to the gas station fill up a pax and bring it back to me as I set on the side of the HWY.... So after putting the two gallons from a full Rotopax into the JLUR driving the 3/4 of a mile to the gas station and filling the Jeep and the one Rotopax up, that is what it took in fuel.
If I follow this correctly you put 20.9 gallons in the completely empty tank so isn't that the true capacity? Whatever the published capacity is doesn't matter if you can't get it into the tank. The next interesting thing to know would be how much you can put into the tank when the range on the dash reads zero or some number close to zero, then you could determine the approximate reserve. When I'm traveling I don't like for the range to get below 30-50 miles before I fill up, but sometimes I can't help it. It would help my nerves to know how much is actually left when the dash screen says zero.

I looked at my records for a couple of recent trips and the most I put in the tank was 16.5g. I'm guessing I had 1-2 gallons left based on the range reading, it wasn't down to zero. So that would say that when the range is at zero I might have 3 gallons reserve which sounds like a lot.

The range that the computer reports is somewhat approximate, and varies the closer you get to zero. What I seem to have noticed is that if the range says 250 miles, it will probably hit zero in about 200 miles. So another experiment I want to run on my next trip is to track some data points of odometer vs. what the range says to see how close the range actually is.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
I will be over in that area, late August to early September. Plan to wheel from Big Bay to L'Anse by trail, then head to Wisconsin over the Labor Day Weekend.
NICE! After leaving the U.P. We will be heading down to our place in Hastings, after our stop at Horrocks in Lansing of course.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
If I follow this correctly you put 20.9 gallons in the completely empty tank so isn't that the true capacity? Whatever the published capacity is doesn't matter if you can't get it into the tank. The next interesting thing to know would be how much you can put into the tank when the range on the dash reads zero or some number close to zero, then you could determine the approximate reserve. When I'm traveling I don't like for the range to get below 30-50 miles before I fill up, but sometimes I can't help it. It would help my nerves to know how much is actually left when the dash screen says zero.

I looked at my records for a couple of recent trips and the most I put in the tank was 16.5g. I'm guessing I had 1-2 gallons left based on the range reading, it wasn't down to zero. So that would say that when the range is at zero I might have 3 gallons reserve which sounds like a lot.

The range that the computer reports is somewhat approximate, and varies the closer you get to zero. What I seem to have noticed is that if the range says 250 miles, it will probably hit zero in about 200 miles. So another experiment I want to run on my next trip is to track some data points of odometer vs. what the range says to see how close the range actually is.
That is after putting approximately 2 gallons in on the side of the road, then driving to the gas station, filling up and refilling the 2 gallon Rotopax. I also imagine that it also had to refill the fuel lines also. 20.94 gallons is pretty close to 21 gallons all things considered.

The low fuel warning light comes on and does not show mileage left when there is 4 gallons left in the tank. 4 gallons gets you what ever mileage you will get depending on the conditions. So, it could be 89 miles or 30 miles....... It is four gallons......

The thing to know and take away from this is that you have a four gallon reserve as the low fuel light switches from miles left to low fuel at 4 gallons. It is up to you what you do with that information. I thew this before running out. I just thought I was getting better mileage than I was.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
No, we're not. Plain and simple. And at 36 millions, if invaded (let's say by Russia up north), we'd be destroyed in about 12 minutes, even if we spent a crazy amount of money on military.

Now, click on the link i've just send and explain to me how and why you spend twice the amount per capita on healthcare even if your system ain't public. Because that's your talking point, right? We spend less because you spend more on military?

So how can this happen?
It is actually very simple. The point is that each country has to decide on how it allocates resources. The almost 800 billion that the US spends on the military could be used for other things like health care. Yet it is not. The US military budget is spent to prop up other countries military around the world. Maybe you have heard of things like NATO...... The US military supplies military capacity and resources that act as a deterrent, to stop other countries from invading other countries. Those countries benefit from the US role as a deterrent. Those countries also know that they do not have to spend their resources on their military freeing up money for other things. For instance, if Germany had to have a military to protect themselves from Russian aggression, They would need more than 7 combat effective helicopters. Because they have US Apache Battalions in Germany and surrounding nations, Germany does not have to spend their own money on additional helicopters................... Follow me here, it is not just the cost of the helicopters, but the cost of the maintenance, fuel, training, soldiers and other related cost for said helicopters also. This frees up money for them to spend on other projects. So just as Germany benefits from the US tax payer, Canada does also because they also do not have to spend their money and resources on their military. Just know that if Canada's military budget had to thriple or quadruple next year, your way of life and many of the social type programs that you enjoy in Canada would have to go away.

I don't understand why this is not easy to understand. While it is not necessarily pleasant to have to confront that thought, your national defense is dam near 100% depending on the US tax payer, that does not mean that it does not exist. I don't understand why you can't see that because your nation does not have to spend money on national defense, that it frees up money for things like "free health care"...

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
There are numerous factors for our Healthcare vs. Military expenses. Immigration, fraud, greed, etc. In the end the US spends more money on most everything across the globe. Ironically I hear of many people that have the money so guess where they go....the US. Which is good and bad since it drives different markets and prices. The government in the US seems to be polarizing and inefficient today. Doesn't mean tomorrow they couldn't institute tough love (end US state and World US federal welfare) and fiscally responsible (no more bullet trains that stay in consultation forever CA). Crazy and interesting world. Probably why we buy Jeeps and enjoy Nature's beauty

Lets get back to talking about Jeeps as Jeeps and Jeeping is most of our escapes from modern worries and the path to nature's beauty.. This was not to be a Political forum or topic. Lets all get back on subject.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
It is actually very simple. The point is that each country has to decide on how it allocates resources. The almost 800 billion that the US spends on the military could be used for other things like health care. Yet it is not. The US military budget is spent to prop up other countries military around the world. Maybe you have heard of things like NATO...... The US military supplies military capacity and resources that act as a deterrent, to stop other countries from invading other countries. Those countries benefit from the US role as a deterrent. Those countries also know that they do not have to spend their resources on their military freeing up money for other things. For instance, if Germany had to have a military to protect themselves from Russian aggression, They would need more than 7 combat effective helicopters. Because they have US Apache Battalions in Germany and surrounding nations, Germany does not have to spend their own money on additional helicopters................... Follow me here, it is not just the cost of the helicopters, but the cost of the maintenance, fuel, training, soldiers and other related cost for said helicopters also. This frees up money for them to spend on other projects. So just as Germany benefits from the US tax payer, Canada does also because they also do not have to spend their money and resources on their military. Just know that if Canada's military budget had to thriple or quadruple next year, your way of life and many of the social type programs that you enjoy in Canada would have to go away.

I don't understand why this is not easy to understand. While it is not necessarily pleasant to have to confront that thought, your national defense is dam near 100% depending on the US tax payer, that does not mean that it does not exist. I don't understand why you can't see that because your nation does not have to spend money on national defense, that it frees up money for things like "free health care"...
You once again ignored the fact USA spends twice the amount of money per capita for healthcare. Logically, if I follow your way of thinking, it should be the other way around.
Nobody’s forcing US to spend twice per capita for healthcare. It doesn’t have anything to do with military. If anything, it should look for a way to spend less. Yet, US’ keeps it’s faulty private system.

Sorry, your explanation is as faulty as your healthcare system and doesn’t make any sense.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
That is after putting approximately 2 gallons in on the side of the road, then driving to the gas station, filling up and refilling the 2 gallon Rotopax. I also imagine that it also had to refill the fuel lines also. 20.94 gallons is pretty close to 21 gallons all things considered.
I'm sorry, completely my mistake. For some reason I had 21.5 stuck in my head.
I'm taking another long trip in 10 days, I'll try to record some stats for my own benefit.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
That 21 gallons would have cost about $85 here in the great state of California. 🤬
85..!!!??? Totally ridiculous. I paid $40.53 two weeks before the election. We all know after that prices started the incline and its never going to stop. Ofcourse now that $41 is at $59.
Sponsored