Sponsored

Just know that your JLU holds 21 gallons of Fuel.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I have a question since gas is up over a dollar a gallon since sleepy Joe took over. I was paying $1.79 at Costco in January for 87 octane

my question is with my 2.o Turbo I've been using 91 octane, is that necessary? I don't know anything about turbos. thanks
There's a huge thread about this over in the 2.0L turbo forum. Wife usually fills ours with regular but occasionally premium. The manual says either is OK for that engine but for optimal performance it says to use 91 octane.

2.0 Turbo owners what octane are you using?
Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You f#*ers only pay 58 $ for 21 gallons of fuel?! I made the conversion using canadian prices: it's 107 $US on the other side of the border!

You...sons...of...bitches. :)
Your math is skewed, right now fuel is $1.279/L which converts to about $81.00US for 21 US gallons

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
You f#*ers only pay 58 $ for 21 gallons of fuel?! I made the conversion using canadian prices: it's 107 $US on the other side of the border!

free healthcare!!!!!

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Your math is skewed, right now fuel is $1.279/L which converts to about $81.00US for 21 US gallons
It's 1,34$/L here. 21 gallons is 80 liters. 107$. And 20 cents, to be exact.

But you were right: I should've said 107 $CAN and not 107 $US.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My last fill up
58D3BBCD-A347-483E-816D-9A4A7EADB1EE.jpeg
Way to rub it in Ted, damn gloating 4door Jeepers, I'd have 4 gallons on the ground running down to a 10th of a gallon in the puny 2dr tank :no: :angry::facepalm:

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You f#*ers only pay 58 $ for 21 gallons of fuel?! I made the conversion using canadian prices: it's 107 $CAN (87 US$ with the currency rate) on the other side of the border!

But hey...free healthcare...amirite?

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
He is paying a ton for gas up in the Great Lakes State, down in the Sunshine State we are paying about 2.61 at Shell that same fill-up would cost me $54.80 here.

I go up to Michigan every year, and there is something about the gas up there though. Might be worth the extra cash as I typically get amazing mileage going up to the UP.
Where in the U.P.? Iā€™m from Iron Mountain. Heading up there end of June then down state for the 4th of July.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Oh shit!! šŸ¤£

Almost.......

6458A55B-30A3-4B2F-9869-2D1C1767F82F.gif

More than you know. Now for the rest of the story. I carry fuel in two Rotopaxs on the back of the Jeep. I use these to carry fuel for the Jeep on trips and for gas around the house. Well about a week ago, I emptied the fuel out of the Rotopax and put it in the zero turn mower as the fuel in the Rotopaxs had been in there for about two months. Thinking hey I will refill these. Well the weekend came and I hooked up the camper and headed north. There was a terrible head wind. Normally, I get about 13.5 mpg pulling the camper. That day I was getting about 9 to 10 mpg. Well, the low fuel like turned on and I had about 34 miles to go to my exit where I know there is fuel. The Jeep has a 4 gallon reserve so I was like hey, I can make it 34 miles. Nope, I ran out of fuel, about 1/2 mile from the exit. Yup both Rotopaxs are empty. My bud had to run up to the gas station fill up a pax and bring it back to me as I set on the side of the HYW. FUCK did I feel stupid and took a whole lot of ribbing for running out of fuel while having two Rotopaxs on the Jeep. This is the first time I have run out of fuel in probably 30 years. So after putting the two gallons from a full Rotopax into the JLUR driving the 3/4 of a mile to the gas station and filling the Jeep and the one Rotopax up, that is what it took in fuel.

I do not normally run that empty. I pushed my luck to far that day. It is a terrible feeling when your Jeep is running out of fuel and you can see the exit off the HYW with a gas station at it. I was just lucky that I have good friends with me that saved the day and a short walk and my wife laughed about it instead of bitching about it.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Where in the U.P.? Iā€™m from Iron Mountain. Heading up there end of June then down state for the 4th of July.
Irons, Michigan is just south of Cadillac Michigan. This weekend was the Blessing of the Jeeps. There were a couple thousand Jeeps that showed up to get blessed for this season of wheeling.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I will be over in that area, late August to early September. Plan to wheel from Big Bay to L'Anse by trail, then head to Wisconsin over the Labor Day Weekend.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Free health care...... Just a little info on this topic. There are many countries that have programs that only are affordable to them because they do not pay for a military and provide their own national defense. Instead they 100% depend on the US to come to their aid if they were invaded or need to defend their nation. For instance, Canada does not have the ability to mount up and defend its nation from an invasion and depend on the US to help. Because they do not have to spend money to support a standing military, they can provide their "free health care". In the mean time the US tax payer picks up their bill to provide protection to Canada in the event of an invasion.

Canada spend approximately 22 billion on their military. Mean while the US spends 778 billion. If the US was not providing military protection to well over half the world, we could also have and afford many of the same programs that other coountries enjoy because the US picks up their military expenditures.

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Not laughing at, just with you! I've done it too.
Gregj
Sponsored