Sponsored

Just installed the Mopar 6" lift kit

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Well, honestly you had to expect the ride to get loud and potentially harsh based on 2 things:

1 - you put an MT tire on. They are loud. Also, while they are great in mud, and serve you well with all sorts of grip on rocks, you give up road manners for that gained performance. The open self cleaning lugs are what is making the noise. A great analogy is if you recall walking in your sports cleets in the kitchen. Slippery right?? You have lost surface area to hug the road. Also, cant tell from the photo, but many MT are not siped which has an effect on how they perform in rain or ice where AT’s perform better.

2 - my guess is you went with an E ply tire. Many who crawl rocks love them for their durability... but again... a level of performance that comes at a cost of comfort. The ply refers to the thickness of the rubber that makes up both sidewall and thread. These are created for both durability off-road or to handle the payload of a much heavier full size truck. I’m guessing it is E as very few 35” tires come in a C. The 315/70/17 BFG KO2 comes in a C ply as it was offered for better comfort on the Rapture.

I just did the Mopar 2” also... gave me 3.5 of suspension lift and the 35’s an additional 1” from the 285/70/17 KO2’s I had. Both of which keep me below 6’6” for low garages in Northern CA. I went with the C ply KO2 and honestly my ride is both quite and soft. My one complaint is the brakes are a bit softer... but that is something I’ll address with heavy duty brakes (come on a Rubicon) as my stock Sahara brakes wear out.

Modifying your Jeep is satisfying as it makes it your own and increases its performance. But the changes do effect how it drives and feels as a daily driver. A little research and some honest analysis of how you plan to use will help you make the right mods and avoid costly changes.

Good luck~

Got these guys on there the other day. Iron Man 35 X 12.5 X 17

They're reallllllly loud and made the ride a lot more harsh. My firat option was the nitto ridge grapplers. How are those noise wise?

I might actually go back to stock. It was such a smooth ride.
FCBE3C95-90E5-46B9-A72D-92D22E7BDF3D.jpeg

1D9DF0E4-203C-43BA-B544-61BFE0E8C9CB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my Mopar lift installed along with Rock Krawler adjustable track bars and Rock Krawler spring correction pads. I did some quick measurements between each wheel and it looks like both axles are over about 1/4 inch toward the drivers side. They are both even. The shop that installed everything is a well known off-road shop so I don't question the quality of their work, I am just confused why the axles are not exactly even. Should they be? It drives perfectly straight down the road and feels amazing. Should I bring this up to them and have them correct it, or just drive it and not worry. The springs look straight up and down and like I said it handles great. They did a full alignment too as part of the install.
You can always adjust them to get them perfect but if it drives fine and you're ok with it then I would say leave it be. Otherwise, super easy to do yourself or just take it back.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have the 35 KO2 on my Sahara with a 3.5" lift and frankly they are near silent (at 32psi) and ride as well if not better than the stock Sahara tires.

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I just did the Mopar 2” also... gave me 3.5 of suspension lift and the 35’s an additional 1” from the 285/70/17 KO2’s I had. Both of which keep me below 6’6” for low garages in Northern CA. I went with the C ply KO2 and honestly my ride is both quite and soft. My one complaint is the brakes are a bit softer... but that is something I’ll address with heavy duty brakes (come on a Rubicon) as my stock Sahara brakes wear out.
Take a look at your window sticker, both the Sahara and Rubicon have the same heavy-duty brakes .

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Yes, I did some research on this after I had posted that comment and learned that they each had the larger brakes. I took it in for a road test with my dealer and it felt solid. As I have grown used to it, I realize it is not so much that they are soft, but that it simply takes more pressure to stop the mass of the larger / wider bit of tire.

Take a look at your window sticker, both the Sahara and Rubicon have the same heavy-duty brakes .

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Nobody else noticed how bad the OP's math is???

Title 6" lift
Thread I gained 4"
Measuring tape shows 3"

I'm assuming he also caught a whale while bass fishing....
Awesome for pointing this out.
The headline is a lie, the story doesn’t match what they write the numbers don’t add up , profanity, it’s got all the fake news identifiers. Well done, common sense rules !
thank you

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Awesome for pointing this out.
The headline is a lie, the story doesn’t match what they write the numbers don’t add up , profanity, it’s got all the fake news identifiers. Well done, common sense rules !
thank you
It was a bit of a tall tale lol.

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Nobody else noticed how bad the OP's math is???

Title 6" lift
Thread I gained 4"
Measuring tape shows 3"

I'm assuming he also caught a whale while bass fishing....
LOL- yeah, i didn't know that Mopar was offering a 6" kit. Was hoping to read of a new JT kit that was converted to fit on the JL :)
Sponsored