First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I looked high and low and cannot find a thing. The listings must have been pulled. I am guessing Jeep has a contract to destroy in field.
And... Someone decided to double dip. Hopefully, Jeep doesn't report everything as stolen. This stuff is definitely not supposed to see the light of day.
Congratulations to STLJL! :clap: That was an awesome find.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Schramautoparts on eBay. They do have a separate site. Seems to be hit or miss for the JL parts. All of the wrangler JL parts have been sold as new..but after searching their site looks like they offer used parts as well.
These are the guys I bought my LED taillights from

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
You may have bitten off more than you can chew. I'm pretty sure that there needs to be a switch assembly, a wiring harness, and the vehicle may have to go back to the dealer to have the computer re-flashed in order for the top to work properly. I bet glass isn't going to be available for a while, I've seen some stories of nightmare wait times with the hardtop glass replacement. If you want it to work right, become good friends with your local dealer parts guy, a lot of parts/bolts may be JL specific and not sure if a cheap substitute would be worth screwing up a $50,000 Rubicon. This may be an expensive venture. Good luck, post a video if you get it hooked up to work.

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
You should easily be able to see if your current glass will fit this top. I also wouldn't worry about the bolt hardware. Go to a good hardware store / Fastenal and you will be able to find something that works.

However I have the same thoughts as Armycop about the electronics. I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a plug-n-play harness from MOPAR for this anytime soon. My gut tells me that if you want to utilize the top sometime soon you will find yourself in a similar situation as with the hardware. Even without seeing the top in person I bet it's not rocket science to get it to work - but it's how "factory" you want the install to look.

OP
OP

STLJL

You may have bitten off more than you can chew. I'm pretty sure that there needs to be a switch assembly, a wiring harness, and the vehicle may have to go back to the dealer to have the computer re-flashed in order for the top to work properly. I bet glass isn't going to be available for a while, I've seen some stories of nightmare wait times with the hardtop glass replacement. If you want it to work right, become good friends with your local dealer parts guy, a lot of parts/bolts may be JL specific and not sure if a cheap substitute would be worth screwing up a $50,000 Rubicon. This may be an expensive venture. Good luck, post a video if you get it hooked up to work.
There is a part number for the interior roof trim that includes the wire harness and button for full operation. At this time my dealer can not order these parts, so I will likely be in the waiting game with everyone else. This piece replaces the current trim with the notches for freedom top latches...the button and harness is incorporated in this piece. Dealer price was under $200 but not available yet. There are 2 different trim pieces one for mirror with and without dimmer.
All glass from the factory hardtop is compatible with the sky one touch. The harnesses match up perfectly along with the hose for the rear sprayer.

OP
OP

STLJL

You should easily be able to see if your current glass will fit this top. I also wouldn't worry about the bolt hardware. Go to a good hardware store / Fastenal and you will be able to find something that works.

However I have the same thoughts as Armycop about the electronics. I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a plug-n-play harness from MOPAR for this anytime soon. My gut tells me that if you want to utilize the top sometime soon you will find yourself in a similar situation as with the hardware. Even without seeing the top in person I bet it's not rocket science to get it to work - but it's how "factory" you want the install to look.
The mounting hardware is the only piece of the puzzle my dealer couldn’t find out. It is itemized with a part number, but sold as a kit without description of bolt type or length They are one of the few pieces not shown on the schematic. I will post pictures of all schematics when I get home from work.

OP
OP

STLJL

The push button is incorporated into the interior roof trim that replaces the current piece with the notches from the targa tops. The dealer has the part numbers for these. Unavailable to purchase at this time. They do have the schematics for them so hoping they will release these parts in the upcoming months.

Sponsored

OP
OP

STLJL

T
I looked high and low and cannot find a thing. The listings must have been pulled. I am guessing Jeep has a contract to destroy in field.
And... Someone decided to double dip. Hopefully, Jeep doesn't report everything as stolen. This stuff is definitely not supposed to see the light of day.
Congratulations to STLJL! :clap: That was an awesome find.
I have been in contact with Jeep and Mopar with several emails on this issue, so I doubt they are selling them illegally. No one has questioned it so far. I just get the standard statement of keep checking with your dealer for remaining parts availability. They sold a few billet silver hard tops. I am sure people can not find them because there was a limited supply. All of the tops were sold as new, without glass. Glass had never been installed, there are no sign of scratches, caulk or butyl anywhere. Makes sense that Jeep would have a need for spare parts after all the people that sit in them at the trade shows. They sure wouldn’t want to showcase a $55,000 Jeep that looked like it was all beat up ...and with everything becoming available in the upcoming months I am sure promotional exposure has slowed down.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Wow this is truly stunning. I'll be watching this thread for sure. OP, it might be next year until you can get parts....seriously.

OP
OP

STLJL

This is what the dealer provided. Currently have all the pieces from both pages. Not shown are the anchor bolts that I need. The back panel fastens to the body with the standard hardtop bolts. Will definitely be a waiting game for availability.

787072EA-6390-4226-99D0-AE07E53EB600.jpeg

EF521F03-A0CE-4C1E-B2FD-D3BDB81E7BA4.jpeg

msvogel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X P100, Shelby GT350R, F430, Ram Truck, Vintage Tractors
is this only for the 4 door?

OP
OP

STLJL

Just a little update..after a lot of searching on this site I came across a post from Allmoparparts.com. Sent them a message and Benny got me set up with the remaining parts I need to get this sky one touch top up and running. Was able to purchase everything except one of the wiring harnesses. The part number associated wasn’t come up with any hits. Hopefully won’t be too much longer to have a fully functional top with all factory parts.

227430AD-C4C6-41D3-B631-E231E957EEEA.jpeg
Sponsored