Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
HAHA I get it. My wife kicked me everyday until I got it. If you get it and need any other help just PM me. I'll do all I can.
I’ll PM you. I have a few questions to ask before going too far down the rabbit hole on this one.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Another member here reached out to me and offered to trade my hardtop for his SOT! We did the swap last weekend.
87F3A809-8C09-4CCD-A9A9-D95901038FCA.jpeg

In other news I bought one from LKQ but it was damaged in shipping and they did not send all of the bolts and brackets and it was not the color they said it was so I refused it. They were not happy.

After a couple days cooling off and researching what was missing I went back and made an offer and we came to an agreement. I brought the top home and have ordered the missing pieces and now have to make some repairs and get it painted. I expect I’ll be into the top for $1500.
Gregj

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ

Sponsored

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
Awesome, thank you. I'm going to look into this. I've been kicking myself for not getting the sky top.

Ross are you still looking for a power top? I am going to be getting rid of mine I believe as soon as the 392 comes in.. I will let you know if you would like. My 392 is black.. and I am in southeastern PA..

davidmech21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
Ross are you still looking for a power top? I am going to be getting rid of mine I believe as soon as the 392 comes in.. I will let you know if you would like. My 392 is black.. and I am in southeastern PA..
Sent you a DM.

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m still thinking about it. I’m a bit worried about the noise at highway speeds, based on further research. I have the hardtop with headliner now and the noise drives me nuts at 75/80.

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
I’m still thinking about it. I’m a bit worried about the noise at highway speeds, based on further research. I have the hardtop with headliner now and the noise drives me nuts at 75/80.
Yeah, to be honest I have never used one either lol.. my 392 got ordered with it.. I'm not sure if they are loud or not haha

Sponsored

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon

If the noise from the hard top is getting to you, you will for sure not like the SOT top. There is for sure more noise then the hard top. I came from the hard top to the SOT top. The new hothead SOT liner helpes cut the noise down but its still there. Hope that helps.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with @Cmac84 it is a bit louder. About like the Bestop Sunrider, I have spent a lot of time with the full softtop so the noise doesn’t bother me. I am going to get a Hotheads to try out.
Gregj

nesman7

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
This is an amazing thread. Thanks to the OP!

Long shot, but if anyone in the midwest is looking for a hard top or premium soft top for a firecracker red sky one touch retractable top let me know! If not I will start calling the LKQs and see if I can piece it together.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the other camp that prefers the spartan look vs the convenience of the Sky One-Touch top. I purchased a pre-owned JLU Rubi with a Sky One-Touch top and wondering what would be all of the replacement parts I would need to bring my Jeep back to basic stock. I'll probably sell the Sky One-Touch or trade it for a Freedom 3 piece Hard Top if this is feasible.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Chile1 post up what color your Jeep is and I’m sure someone would swap a complete hardtop for it. I did the swap with another member here and it’s not real hard.

Gregj
Sponsored