ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
i paid around $1,700 for the top plus 150-200 for parts it did not come with so all done $1,900.
not bad. 1/2 off retail then if you were to pay for the option when the jeep was built.
Sponsored

Jaune

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How is it after several months? Was it that bad to properly allign or ajust? My jeep came with one but plan on taking it off in a year or 2 and maybe replace it with 2 tops... I would really love to use it for 3 seasons and use a soft top in summer time but the uninstall/reinstall is probably too much trouble...

Last edited:

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
How is it after several months? Was it that bad to properly allign or ajust? My jeep came with one but plan on taking it off in a year or 2 and maybe replace it with 2 tops... I would really love to use it for 3 seasons and use a soft top in summer time but the uninstall/reinstall is probably too much trouble...
I know we have been talking through PM but i wanted to respond to this question so everyone can see it....... There was no alignment or adjustment need. All the moving parts are contained within the top itself. I just set the top on the Jeep like a normal hard top, put the side windows and back window on, plugged it up and bolted it down. Everything worked as it should.

Jaune

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I know we have been talking through PM but i wanted to respond to this question so everyone can see it....... There was no alignment or adjustment need. All the moving parts are contained within the top itself. I just set the top on the Jeep like a normal hard top, put the side windows and back window on, plugged it up and bolted it down. Everything worked as it should.
Thx again thats the info I was looking for!!! It looked very easy from looking at it but wanted to confirm!

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I see that you were able to installed it how can you take it off?

Sponsored

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that you were able to installed it how can you take it off?
It's just the same as a normal hard top. Unbolt down the sides, unbolt front windshield, take side windows out, unbolt 2 bolts from back window and remove it. Unplug power top cord and washer line then get someone to help lift the top off. It sounds like a lot but its not. I took it off with help in about 10-15 min. It is on of those, I can show you better then I can tell you.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I might have to replace my windscreen header seal. @Cmac84, do you know if I'd have to remove, or at least loosen up, the bolts on the top to allow access to the header seal and/or fold the windscreen down? It looks like the power top captures the header seal.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
It's just the same as a normal hard top. Unbolt down the sides, unbolt front windshield, take side windows out, unbolt 2 bolts from back window and remove it. Unplug power top cord and washer line then get someone to help lift the top off. It sounds like a lot but its not. I took it off with help in about 10-15 min. It is on of those, I can show you better then I can tell you.
I found this a while back on here somewhere:
Jeep Wrangler JL Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top upload_2020-2-17_20-42-54

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might have to replace my windscreen header seal. @Cmac84, do you know if I'd have to remove, or at least loosen up, the bolts on the top to allow access to the header seal and/or fold the windscreen down? It looks like the power top captures the header seal.
Don't take this and the truth, but I don't remember moving or taking out any front seal. I just took the bolts out. If I remember right the top sets on top of the seal. That's one thing I had to learn on the fly, the original 3 piece hard top weights more then the SOT, so when I put the SOT on the seal was pressed down and the wind noise was bad. Over a couple of days the seal conformed to the SOT and the wind noise went away. I hope that helps, if not take a picture of what your talking about and I can look at it.

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found this a while back on here somewhere:
Jeep Wrangler JL Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top upload_2020-2-17_20-42-54
Yes that is it, unbolt, unplug and remove. The retractable top is contained in the hard shell top. No alignment need. Your not removing the middle soft top.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Don't take this and the truth, but I don't remember moving or taking out any front seal. I just took the bolts out. If I remember right the top sets on top of the seal. That's one thing I had to learn on the fly, the original 3 piece hard top weights more then the SOT, so when I put the SOT on the seal was pressed down and the wind noise was bad. Over a couple of days the seal conformed to the SOT and the wind noise went away. I hope that helps, if not take a picture of what your talking about and I can look at it.
I think it basically comes down to needing to fold the windshield down....but looking at it myself it looks like the side rails of the top pinch down on the corners of the header seal, so wondering if the top needs to be loosened up to allow it to fold down.

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it basically comes down to needing to fold the windshield down....but looking at it myself it looks like the side rails of the top pinch down on the corners of the header seal, so wondering if the top needs to be loosened up to allow it to fold down.
Ok now I understand what you are talking about. Yes you need to unbolt/loosen the top to fold the windshield down. I did this by myself so I had to put some wooden blocks between the roll bar and top to get it off the windshield and then fold it down. If you have help just lift the top up on both sides and both fold the windshield down with the other hand.

Seattrip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon w/ Retractable Roof and stingray color
This is what the dealer provided. Currently have all the pieces from both pages. Not shown are the anchor bolts that I need. The back panel fastens to the body with the standard hardtop bolts. Will definitely be a waiting game for availability.

I had the part #12 snap and break and my dealer told me the only way to put it back for the repair was to take off the top completely. They kept my Jeep for 4 days. The top now rattles. Maybe they did not tighten all of the screws/bolts back complete. Disappointing. Still like the Jeep though, it is just not as quiet of a top as it once was. I have the 2019 Rubicon.

Jaune

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Would any of you have the soft top expoded view like this? Id like to know what is missing to go soft top. Im guessing the front plastic trim and probably some hooks so the latchs could attach to. Anyways thanks for that great info guys.
Sponsored