Sponsored

Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

OP
OP

STLJL

After completing the sky one touch top install, I really enjoyed the convenience and overall look. I was driving a few days ago when a storm rolled in, slowed down to 55mph, hit the close button and in seconds was back to water tight without leaving the highway.

With that being said, I decided to trade in my Rubicon on a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. I really needed the extra storage space for work. I loved the new JL in every way, but the overall size was hard for me, as this was my work vehicle and daily driver.

If anyone in the St. Louis Missouri area is tired of waiting for the Sky one touch to be produced, go check out Laura Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Sullivan, Mo. In the next few days they will have a fully loaded white Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon with Sky One Touch available to purchase...Lauracdjr.com I’m sure the guys there would love to let people demo the new top.

Thanks everyone for the input along the way!
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
After completing the sky one touch top install, I really enjoyed the convenience and overall look. I was driving a few days ago when a storm rolled in, slowed down to 55mph, hit the close button and in seconds was back to water tight without leaving the highway.

With that being said, I decided to trade in my Rubicon on a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. I really needed the extra storage space for work. I loved the new JL in every way, but the overall size was hard for me, as this was my work vehicle and daily driver.

If anyone in the St. Louis Missouri area is tired of waiting for the Sky one touch to be produced, go check out Laura Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Sullivan, Mo. In the next few days they will have a fully loaded white Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon with Sky One Touch available to purchase...Lauracdjr.com I’m sure the guys there would love to let people demo the new top.

Thanks everyone for the input along the way!
That is a bit sad to hear that you had to part with a dream vehicle and mostly a great project/accomplishment.

Thanks for all the user info!

KBrady

First Name
Kathleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
What did you think of the JL overall? Did you off road the vehicle or just use it for commuting? Curious - I have an order currently.

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Making use of my new Sky One Touch Powe Top
C0785B2F-D08D-42C8-B8C5-131D04F2F0A4.jpeg
CF5B679D-D979-4F99-BC2C-D169F4A4DC48.jpeg
That didn’t take long...
Congrats and enjoy.
Please report back on what you think and how it is put together.

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KBrady Wondering if the interior of the Sky Touch is more of a finished look, same as exterior? My old old old Jeep soft top interior was an unfinished look. Thanks!

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
When did you order your Rubicon?

Sidhu

First Name
Amandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon jl 2019,Audi A7,toyota highlander hybrid limited
I performed my own spray test at the car wash and had no leaks.
The only negative issue I have over the standard hard top is a little more highway noise. My wife didn’t notice a difference, but when passing louder vehicles or motorcycles I can tell. For comparison purposes I did have the factory installed head liner in my hard top.
Hi,im from Ontario canada,i order jeep rubicon with skyone touch power top,i m waiting from year to order this,so finally i order that but not get yet and it is available in 2019 model,how can u guys have in 2018 2nd quater.and i also see too much people’s r waiting for it,but i also see videos on YouTube that means people have that.idk how.
and do there my top power top is also available.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Hi,im from Ontario canada,i order jeep rubicon with skyone touch power top,i m waiting from year to order this,so finally i order that but not get yet and it is available in 2019 model,how can u guys have in 2018 2nd quater.and i also see too much people’s r waiting for it,but i also see videos on YouTube that means people have that.idk how.
and do there my top power top is also available.
holy $#!&

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
There are other threads on the Sky One-Touch Power Top. All of the 2018 models have been built. I waited 144 days from order to receiving. Several dozen waited more and a few are still instansit to the dealer.
The wait was very long for the 2018 model buyers.

Sidhu

First Name
Amandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon jl 2019,Audi A7,toyota highlander hybrid limited
There are other threads on the Sky One-Touch Power Top. All of the 2018 models have been built. I waited 144 days from order to receiving. Several dozen waited more and a few are still instansit to the dealer.
The wait was very long for the 2018 model buyers.
I am waiting from last year,and i see my top,power soft top videos also,but that top is didn’t show on jeep website when we built it,so that means its aftermarket power soft top.?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I am waiting from last year,and i see my top,power soft top videos also,but that top is didn’t show on jeep website when we built it,so that means its aftermarket power soft top.?
It is not offered as an aftermarket top (at this point). It looks like Jeep or a third party sold some Early Test Mule Sky One-Touch Power Tops on ebay.

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Safari Unlimited, 2017 Corvette Z06
Resurrecting this FANTSTIC topic...is there a comprehensive list of all the parts needed to do this install?
Sponsored