Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
@Chile1 post up what color your Jeep is and I’m sure someone would swap a complete hardtop for it. I did the swap with another member here and it’s not real hard.

Gregj
i first need to know what are the parts that I'll need to turn my JLUR back to stock once the Sky One-Touch top comes off. I read that there were trim pieces that i would need to get for the windshield etc. I'd be happy to trade or sell it once i know what I'm up against. It's Sting-Gray.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@Chile1 Piece of cake! You will need to trade the header panels of the Jeeps, that is the plastic trim from side to side above the visors. You will need all four brackets at the windshield that the freedom panels attach too and the two brackets on the sports bar above the dome light for the freedom panels. You would just have to swap all the bolts that hold your top on for theirs.

The one thing that might be an issue is if one has Adaptive Cruise Control and the other doesn’t. I can get you the pn# for the wire harness if you need it.

Be aware a Sport or Sport S “may” be missing two wires in the dash harness to the power top switch. Also the Jeep you are trading with will HAVE to be a factory hardtop, a softtop will not have any of the needed wires for the SOT.

PM me if you have questions as I have done the swap twice.
Gregj

kasper6951

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I would be interested in Swapping for a one touch if anyone is interested in that.

My wife has an 18 JLU rubicon in silver.

kasper6951

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
i first need to know what are the parts that I'll need to turn my JLUR back to stock once the Sky One-Touch top comes off. I read that there were trim pieces that i would need to get for the windshield etc. I'd be happy to trade or sell it once i know what I'm up against. It's Sting-Gray.
Chile1, did you ever get rid of your top?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
i decided to keep it. Knowing that i can take it off and install it back on is what i was looking for.

Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Anyone have the part number for the screws that hold the top to the rollbar? I bought my JLUR used, and someone has monkeyed with the top. Missing several of the short screws, and found a bunch that are loose. I looked through the exploded views earlier in the thread, but I am not seeing the screws called out.

Thanks,
Pete

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got the invoice at home with the part numbers, I’ll post them when I get home tonight if nobody else has them.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the invoice for the parts I bought to install the SOT. There are two different screws to mount to the roll bar, it takes four each per side. The four hex head screw and washers are for the back section/lift gate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top 91A32F53-C1D0-4DE9-AAF9-DFB0F20011CD

Gregj

Sponsored

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
Is calling the LKQ line the same as visiting one of my local locations? Also what exactly do I ask them for? I feel like they will give me a baffled look if I say I want a Sky One Touch but perhaps I’m just assuming the worst.

edit—- I can search the individual LKQ’s near me and I see the part there so I think that answers that. Imagining calling the central line will search all their locations.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is calling the LKQ line the same as visiting one of my local locations? Also what exactly do I ask them for? I feel like they will give me a baffled look if I say I want a Sky One Touch but perhaps I’m just assuming the worst.

edit—- I can search the individual LKQ’s near me and I see the part there so I think that answers that. Imagining calling the central line will search all their locations.
Call your local LKQ, they will search nationwide. Sky One Touch or maybe Power Top will give them an idea what to look for.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, keep in mind $1600 will only get you four parts, the sliding top, the tailgate section and the two quarter windows. You will need all the hardware on the invoice I posted above plus two other pins I need to find the invoice for.

The wiring jumper is just the wire harness for the header panel, I just replaced the wiring in mine and cut a hole for the switch. The backing plate in the header has the cutout for the switch you just have to cut the hole in the outer layer.

Hope this helps anyone else willing to take the project on.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, don’t know if anyone cares but I swapped out tops today. Some observations, the freedom panel will not fit with the striker bracket in place.
E5A8F4F6-B31E-44FF-B2D3-B6F6EF713F3D.jpeg

The soft top will not fit with the locater pin in place, not a big deal as I don’t think the pin is needed.
75AD16B3-D11C-4036-B0AD-2CC1A368C868.jpeg
B6CB4EB9-674D-4DBD-AA54-5ACE74A17DDC.jpeg

7E0175CA-8E3A-466E-9B93-E593A886E93B.jpeg

455523CC-8EE0-4CD2-994E-D0058D5871DF.jpeg

Gregj
Sponsored