Just Installed Dynatrac EnduroSport on 2021 Rubicon

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hey guys I just installed a Dynatrac 2" kit with 35" Nitto trail grappler MT's. the install went nice and easy. I also added the Fox 2.0 shocks and a Fox ATS front steering stabilizer. I did the factory lower control arms also and have it all aliened afterwards. Took the Jeep out for a ride and it seems to be a lot softer than the stock set up. Has anyone noticed that with this kit? I'm wondering if the shocks are not firm enough or is the spring rate softer than the stock Rubicon springs and that's what I'm noticing? it just seems to be on the softer side and makes the jeep walk around more. No death wobble or anything but a lot more movement than stock. Wondering if that just the norm with lifted Jeeps? This is our first Jeep we've owned. Any feed back would be great! thanks guys.
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
All the 4xe and 392 guys are going to be wicked pissed you got your 2120 MY before they got their orders.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Hey guys I just installed a Dynatrac 2" kit with 35" Nitto trail grappler MT's. the install went nice and easy. I also added the Fox 2.0 shocks and a Fox ATS front steering stabilizer. I did the factory lower control arms also and have it all aliened afterwards. Took the Jeep out for a ride and it seems to be a lot softer than the stock set up. Has anyone noticed that with this kit? I'm wondering if the shocks are not firm enough or is the spring rate softer than the stock Rubicon springs and that's what I'm noticing? it just seems to be on the softer side and makes the jeep walk around more. No death wobble or anything but a lot more movement than stock. Wondering if that just the norm with lifted Jeeps? This is our first Jeep we've owned. Any feed back would be great! thanks guys.

This lift and the Mopar lift are known to be soft. The Mopar lift was too soft for me. I changed out the Fox shocks to Falcon shocks and it rides perfect. Very plush ride and the Jeep isn't swaying all over the place anymore.
The Falcon shocks have been known to be too stiff, but if you pair them with a very soft spring like Dynatrac or Mopar they feel great.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
This lift and the Mopar lift are known to be soft. The Mopar lift was too soft for me. I changed out the Fox shocks to Falcon shocks and it rides perfect. Very plush ride and the Jeep isn't swaying all over the place anymore.
The Falcon shocks have been known to be too stiff, but if you pair them with a very soft spring like Dynatrac or Mopar they feel great.
Thanks vey much for the response. So after adding the Falcon shocks your jeep stopped the wandering?

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Thanks vey much for the response. So after adding the Falcon shocks your jeep stopped the wandering?
Do you mean steering wandering or swaying around wandering?
It fixed the swaying which felt a little like wandering. The way I took care of the steering wandering was adding some front lower control arm brackets made by Rancho. My steering is more tight than stock now. I have absolutely no steering wander with a 3" lift and 37s.
A couple of easier things to try first is lowering your tire PSI down to about 30 and seeing how that feels and adjusting your caster alignment as high as you can. Somewhere around 6 or so is supposed to be good. But the Fox shocks did exsagurate the feeling of steering sway because they were so soft.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Do you mean steering wandering or swaying around wandering?
It fixed the swaying which felt a little like wandering. The way I took care of the steering wandering was adding some front lower control arm brackets made by Rancho. My steering is more tight than stock now. I have absolutely no steering wander with a 3" lift and 37s.
A couple of easier things to try first is lowering your tire PSI down to about 30 and seeing how that feels and adjusting your caster alignment as high as you can. Somewhere around 6 or so is supposed to be good. But the Fox shocks did exsagurate the feeling of steering sway because they were so soft.
Swaying around. i added the Mopar LCA and had it all aligned and she’s at 5.5 caster now. I have the Fox ATS steering stablizer on there set on 10 also. They go to 25 so I thought put it in the middle. I definitely think it’s the set up being soft. I was thinking down the road might try the Falcon adjustable shocks so I can dial them in for what I’m doing?

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Swaying around. i added the Mopar LCA and had it all aligned and she’s at 5.5 caster now. I have the Fox ATS steering stablizer on there set on 10 also. They go to 25 so I thought put it in the middle. I definitely think it’s the set up being soft. I was thinking down the road might try the Falcon adjustable shocks so I can dial them in for what I’m doing?
Another trick people do that have a 4 door is get the Falcon shocks that are tuned for the lighter weight 2 door Jeep. I didn't do this because I got the 3.3 quick adjust and I am weighted down a little bit with steel bumpers, rock slider steps, winch, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Another trick people do that have a 4 door is get the Falcon shocks that are tuned for the lighter weight 2 door Jeep. I didn't do this because I got the 3.3 quick adjust and I am weighted down a little bit with steel bumpers, rock slider steps, winch, etc.
Awesome info sir thank you very much. I ordered them from Extreme and will have them Friday. Looking forward to installing them and seeing how it goes. I wouldn't have been happy if I left it alone.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Awesome info sir thank you very much. I ordered them from Extreme and will have them Friday. Looking forward to installing them and seeing how it goes. I wouldn't have been happy if I left it alone.
Keep us posted on what you think after the install!

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Pics ?
Sponsored