liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
^^ me too.
Sport S will be here someday, so I need a pinch seam hider like these. They will also angle the bar down if you ask. Look at some of the JK model pics on their site to see what that will look like. They don't have a JL shot yet with it angled down.
Sponsored

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
I had the Rock Hard Rails on My 16 JKU. They’re very strong and you have to do preventatives to prevent rust by welds and pinholes that some people get upset about. I just sprayed and wiped them with fluid film once in a while and never had issues.
You remove the Rubirails because these 1-piece Rails fill that void where the Rubi Rails are.

9E22D877-131F-40B2-8F60-E1AD783626DC.jpeg

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
snipe:

Ace Engineering as of 3/13/18 says this in regard to the torque specs: "The rear 2 bolts should be torqued to 80 ft/lbs, same as the JK. For the front bolts the information we're getting from Jeep dealerships is 49 ft/lbs + a 155 degree turn."
Hmm, I didn't know about that and tightened them all about the same. Don't own a torque wrench and I just guestimated. Worked out fine.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
They’ve been sold actually. Thanks though!
Did you sell them to someone on this forum by chance? I just ordered them and would love to see them in person if possible. You on NTJC by chance?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Installed my Ace Sliders about a week after getting the new Jeep. Like others I struggled a bit with the front frame bolt but extending my breaker bar and just going slow I eventually got them done. Overall pretty happy with results visually. Hopefully they provide the protection I want and act as a sort of step for my small kids.

QW0h-jpRC0ym8lVVq4Rkl0wBKaLKIADrRd9uMnhGV0mfKc5qAervC545XszuDL4aCbTkP02Xq2s0oB3xbB=w759-h1012-no.jpg

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Looking to get these as well...did you find they were enough "step" to step on to help get in?

Sponsored

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I also installed them a few weeks ago, same challenge with the bolts. They work fine as steps when entering and don’t create too much of an issue when exiting. I’m 5’8” and my wife is 5’ even, work well for both of us.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looking to get these as well...did you find they were enough "step" to step on to help get in?
At 6'3" I personally still find it more natural to just slide into the seat versus using the sliders as a step. I may change my mind after I install the RC 2.5" and put on cooper 37"s in the next few weeks. So far I think the shorter wife likes having it there as step.

I do find the sliders super nice for standing on as roof access to put the freedom panels on and off as well as setting up my gutter roof rails this weekend.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Just ordered a set.

If you PM Ace they will provide a discount code.

It's going to be a looooong month or so.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Im getting the ACE also
not sure about the sliders that bolt to the body and to the frame that’s not the way jeep has it designed. Right now my Rubicon rock rails bolt to the body when I get my ACE sliders they will bolt up to the frame/lower body mount and they can move or flex independently. As designed by jeep the body and the frame flex different if you put on a slider that bolts to the body and frame like rock hard it now ties those two together and could no longer flex as designed that doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.
Not really following you. The standard rubicon sliders really don’t provide much protection at all. Ace, LODs etc provide a solid barrier to keep rocks from damaging your lower body. They also provide a jack point for recovery. And they make nice steps. The standard Rubicon sliders don’t do much more than protect your eyes from seeing that ugly pinch weld at the bottom
Sponsored