Sponsored

just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous.

rottenlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl jeep wranger rubicon
I just had the Trek Top Ultra install at 4 wheel parts on my 2018 JL Rubicon. I'm coming from a OEM soft top which was silent. AT 35 MPH it sounds like at jet engine in the Jeep, so loud from the wind noise its crazy with a whistle noise too. At 75+ MPH the top is shaking violently, rattling so much I can see light between the top and where its supposed to latch to the jeep at the wind screen. I was worried to drive further as I thought the top might come off. This cant be normal can it ? Did they screw up or is this the product?
Sponsored

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That sounds screwed up. Mine is very quiet until you hit like 71 on the dot. After that it is quite loud but what you are describing sounds off.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the Trek Top Ultra install at 4 wheel parts on my 2018 JL Rubicon. I'm coming from a OEM soft top which was silent. AT 35 MPH it sounds like at jet engine in the Jeep, so loud from the wind noise its crazy with a whistle noise too. At 75+ MPH the top is shaking violently, rattling so much I can see light between the top and where its supposed to latch to the jeep at the wind screen. I was worried to drive further as I thought the top might come off. This cant be normal can it ? Did they screw up or is this the product?
Sounds like a bad install, thereā€™s no gaps, rattles, flapping, etc....with mine , very solid.
As mentioned, at freeway speeds it gets louder, but thatā€™s what the Alpine stereo is for...šŸ˜....Being able to fold the top all the way down like a regular soft top was the main reason I wanted the Ultra. For those of you that donā€™t know, trek tops donā€™t fold all the way down, at least thatā€™s how it was when I was researching mine, this is as naked as they can get...........

Jeep Wrangler JL just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous. 69DEA97A-AED5-46A1-BD0F-2AE592807D27

With the ultra you can fold it down into the cargo area like a normal ragtop..........again this is just for those of you that didnā€™t know the difference. Thereā€™s more to the Ultra installation, but itā€™s certainly not rocket science 4wheel parts......:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous. C2C1BA41-8DF2-47D4-B4C3-338F4F6F4124

Last edited:

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Sounds like a bad install, thereā€™s no gaps, rattles, flapping, etc....with mine , very solid.
As mentioned, at freeway speeds it gets louder, but thatā€™s what the Alpine stereo is for...šŸ˜....Being able to fold the top all the way down like a regular soft top was the main reason I wanted the Ultra. For those of you that donā€™t know, trek tops donā€™t fold all the way down, at least thatā€™s how it was when I was researching mine, this is as naked as they can get...........

Jeep Wrangler JL just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous. C2C1BA41-8DF2-47D4-B4C3-338F4F6F4124

With the ultra you can fold it down into the cargo area like a normal ragtop..........again this is just for those of you that didnā€™t know the difference. Thereā€™s more to the Ultra installation, but itā€™s certainly not rocket science 4wheel parts......:facepalm:

Hey Rocky, side note. You always get your rig cleaned up like showroom. Ceramic or any particular product you use?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Rocky, side note. You always get your rig cleaned up like showroom. Ceramic or any particular product you use?
Thanks....... no ceramic, I use this after I get the mud off it.......usually every other time, but if just dusty, or water spotty, I just grab this and give a quick wipe down, works great......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous. F36F87F0-B5E6-40EB-8EFD-9D91C0B39A76

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Thanks....... no ceramic, I use this after I get the mud off it.......usually every other time, but if just dusty, or water spotty, I just grab this and give a quick wipe down, works great......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL just had a Trek Top Ultra installed at 4 Wheel parts, it feels dangerous. F36F87F0-B5E6-40EB-8EFD-9D91C0B39A76
Perfect. Appreciate ya!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Cool cabinet handles

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol..... I built those cabinets for the wife over her washer and dryer and she likes lizards, geckos and the like. Hey whatever, I donā€™t judge, if sheā€™s happy Iā€™m happy....šŸ˜
Haha. I have to be reminded sometimes by my wife that is the rule šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

OP
OP
rottenlv

rottenlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl jeep wranger rubicon
Sounds like its a bad install, I hope they make it right.

kirby614

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Unlimited Sport S
Just installed Trek Top Ultra Soft Too. Anyone have issues with qtr windows and back window not fully attaching to belt rail?
Sponsored