Sponsored

Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
@76_iron did you figure this out?
Not really, I asked RC if they were needed and I'll put their direct quote below.

"I think it would be but unsure how much wattage is changed. Most of the new models have leds already and the canbus is still used. The canbus is more to reduce the wattage to what the aftermarket headlights need. I don't know the numbers for the factory headlights wattage with halogen or LED are. Our headlights run 30 watt low beam and 100 watt high beam."
Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Not really, I asked RC if they were needed and I'll put their direct quote below.

"I think it would be but unsure how much wattage is changed. Most of the new models have leds already and the canbus is still used. The canbus is more to reduce the wattage to what the aftermarket headlights need. I don't know the numbers for the factory headlights wattage with halogen or LED are. Our headlights run 30 watt low beam and 100 watt high beam."
the headlights are plug and play. If using the halo you need to wire to fuse box

Gripster

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2D
I placed an order for the Mopar LED headlights and a Tazer mini. I dont like the black look of the Oracle, I want a full 9" diameter, and too many "not sure" what to do with things like Canbus wiring on Rough Country.

I suppose the looks of OEM and for sure not going to mess with the sensitive (should I say questionable) Jeep electrical system was the decision maker.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I placed an order for the Mopar LED headlights and a Tazer mini. I dont like the black look of the Oracle, I want a full 9" diameter, and too many "not sure" what to do with things like Canbus wiring on Rough Country.

I suppose the looks of OEM and for sure not going to mess with the sensitive (should I say questionable) Jeep electrical system was the decision maker.
The RCs are a full 9" light, mine hooked up without issues at all, I think you'll be happy with the RCs or the OEM, can't go wrond with either, and if you prefer the look of the OEM than even better in your case. FWIW I prefer the DRL w/ the RCs, but in the daytime I like the RCs and OEM about the same. Jeep did a nice job w/ their LED setup.

althorpe1

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Hey all, I also bought the Rough Country LED 9" headlights paid more than you all but that's another live and learn story. Warranty is great had one go out in 4 months no questions asked they replaced the pair, however having some issues with the LEDS now one side the driver side high beam stays on all the time. Was wondering about the jscan is this required when adding LEDS, stock was a Halogen setup? 2020 Wrangler JL

Headlights.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey all, I also bought the Rough Country LED 9" headlights paid more than you all but that's another live and learn story. Warranty is great had one go out in 4 months no questions asked they replaced the pair, however having some issues with the LEDS now one side the driver side high beam stays on all the time. Was wondering about the jscan is this required when adding LEDS, stock was a Halogen setup? 2020 Wrangler JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set Headlights
Have you contacted RC? Mine is a Sport S and no issues so far, had other LEDs prior and no issues w/ them either.

althorpe1

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Have you contacted RC? Mine is a Sport S and no issues so far, had other LEDs prior and no issues w/ them either.
I have not since they replaced the pair a few months ago but I will email them again and see what they have to say about the lights, thanks.
Sponsored