First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
OMG Story of my life today. I was on the autobahn and there is ALWYS some one in an Audi just chillin on the left.
Sponsored

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I’m running the BlackVue DR750 hardwired to a dedicated battery for parking recording.

689E2001-F08D-4C53-A37F-89A9E01D2238.jpeg

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Definitely not anything to do with you being in a wrangler. Watch some road rage compilation videos on YouTube. Endless clips of exactly what you witnessed first hand.

Welcome to the modern day! A society lacking any dignity and respect, because they're hung up on the false thought of their pride being on the line and/or their"street cred".
I agree with the respect comment 100%. I've been saying for years that narcissism has replaced self-respect.... and you cannot respect others without first being able to respect yourself.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
this thread is funny as hell, unfortunately all too true.
i drive careful but not slow.
i personally like when they creep up on my rear so close i can see the bugs on their grille i just turn on the headlights which light up the taillights too. they think i hit the brakes and slam on their brakes while i just keep rolling.

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Its prob not because of the Jeep. Ever since covid landed stateside I have noticed everyone is driving like the world is ending and pissed as hell. I think it’s a combo of depression and substance abuse dramatically rising while traffic is way down.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Funny we just bought a new house about 3 months ago. Now about every month since we moved in, a brand new dashcam shows up at our door. I now have 3 sitting here in the box. lol
You could send one of those dash cams to a down on his luck old retired fuck..... I would even pay shipping.....

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When people are driving crazy, I typically move over and tell myself that maybe they are on the way to the hospital because someone they love are taking their last breath and I don't want to be the one that causes them to miss it. That attitude sure helps me not get road rage.

Now over the years, I have had four people force me off the road, or demand that I pull over. It never ends up as they plan. I have been in thousands of physical altercations over the years while working in the prison system. One time I counted it up and I had broke up 260 fight in ten months while working at prison that had the nickname gladiator school. So a fight does not even raise my pulse. Plus I am a giant. Back in my prime I had a 65 inch chest and a 42 inch waist with huge legs. Many years of boxing and self defense training. Like I said not scared of a fight. So each time I got forced off the road or asked to step out of the car, it was always funny, because here comes the apology.... Hey sorry for that, we good, or they run back to their vehicle. I usually out weighted them by 150 to 200 pounds. and was almost always 6 inches taller than them.

Mind you it is always best to avoid those situations when possible.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
You could send one of those dash cams to a down on his luck old retired fuck..... I would even pay shipping.....
I second that sentiment!

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Been meaning to get back to this post for a bit ...
As a commercial fleet manager, class 8 trucks, my industry finds it considerably useful to study traffic patterns and recreational driver habits (that's anyone that doesn't drive commercially). It's a useful exercise in attempting to keep our people out of trouble by avoiding bad traffic areas where possible.
One of the most telling discoveries, but not quite so obvious to those not looking, is the skill level of the recreational driver, and how it has deteriorated deplorably over the years.
At one time obtaining a driver's license was a privilege, not a right. The bar for obtaining a license to drive was actually quite high. One had to demonstrate an intimate knowledge of the rules of the road, plus one had to pass a practical application of those rules, both with very little margin for error.
Fast forward to today, the bar for obtaining said license has been lowered to accommodate the lowest common denominator. i.e. the tests are structured so the person with the lowest IQ acceptable to operate a motor vehicle on public roads is able to pass the tests in the 85th percentile or above. Although obtaining a driver's license is still a privilege, this lowering of the bar has elevated obtaining a driver's license to be almost a right.
For all intents and purposes, driving is a high speed game of time and space management. The reality is that many, perhaps as much as 60% by some estimates, drivers do not possess the mental, and sometimes physical, acquity to manage such a game. These are the people that can play solitaire all day long, but can never win at the fast paced card game of "war". Yet they are still allowed to drive.
Add to this that recreational drivers can drive whenever, wherever, and within certain limitations, however they want. By contrast a commercial driver is subject to stringent driver abilities testing and time-based retesting, drug and alcohol testing, limited hours within which to work, and somewhat limited routing.
Clearly the solution is better training and rigid and unflinching testing and retesting for recreational drivers, however this will never be politically popular for the simple reason that there are way more voters in cars than there are trucks.
I suspect that each of you knows what I am saying is true as I am certain each and every one of you knows that one person that we all wonder "How they hell did they ever give him/her a driver's license?".

As for the subject of dash cameras, pretty much every commercial vehicle on the road today has one. Essentially it is an unwritten rule of insurance companies that we have them. Many use Trimble's video intelligence system, but the vast majority use high quality commercial grade offerings from BlackVue, simply one of the best systems available, and one that my own fleet employs.
In my own Jeep I use the BlackVue DR750S-2CH. One camera on the windshield, and one in the back window.

Sponsored

T_square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
As for dashcams, I've got an Apeman dual dashcam setup myself. The front one sticks to the inside of the windshield with a suction cup device, and the rear one can stick to the rear rollbar crossmember. It comes with more than enough wiring to connect them all, and for the sake of making it look clean, I tucked all of the wiring behind the plastic trim panels along the rollbar.

Setup is simple- you put in a micro-sd card (I used a sandisk 64gb) and format it to the camera. It will automatically turn on and record when you turn on the ignition, it saves each clip in three minute chunks, and writes over the oldest clip with new footage so you don't have to worry about storage. Bigger SD card = how far back you can watch the footage before it's been written over.

Hope this helps you with setting up a dashcam yourself.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRV85NP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camplu
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camrear
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camrear2
rear crossmember with tucked wiring
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camunder

underside of glove box
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camwire

right a-pillar
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen camkoala

hidden nicely behind mirror w/ koala friend

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

lol, i love it.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I’ve been attacked in Jeeps, a Tacoma, Prius and a Lexus. Most of the time it was because somebody got mad at me and I flipped them off and cussed them out. A lot of the time the driver got mad and blamed me when they were the ones that were at fault. I try not to get triggered like that anymore though. I’m working on soul evolution and letting the petty stuff go because really who cares about stupid things like that, it’s pretty lame.

It’s definitely not your Jeep. Some people have gone crazy over all that’s going on right now. I think there’s a lot of instability in people right now.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I agree that road rage is everywhere - I was taking the family out for a leisurely drive one Saturday and must not have put my turn signal on long enough before I made a right turn in to a subdivision. This younger unkept looking gal in a very beat up Kia (or Hyundai) who was tailgating me, promptly yelled “f#$& you!!!!”, As loud as she could and laid on her horn as she sped away. I was immediately enraged but then remembered that I had my family with me and just thought to myself, no matter how I would respond, I can’t fix whatever issue she has going on, and I wondered what has to be going on in her life to do that to a stranger in front of his family? Either way, it was a very strange ordeal and a reminder that some people are just nuts....

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
This happened several years ago on my way to work early morning.

I roll up to an intersection that’s red and am behind a vehicle that stops several feet short of the traffic light. The driver shifts the vehicle from Drive to Park and lets off the brakes.

Curious I give a little more distance between myself and the vehicle in front before stopping. This intersection is pretty busy, traffic is always heavy and today is no exception. Vehicles left and right of me are rolling to a stop since the light is red. The light turns green but the vehicle in front does not move.

Traffic on both sides of me is now moving and people behind me are waiting. I waited a few seconds more seconds and still nothing. The driver behind me, I can see her imploding with frustration. There go the gestures, there goes the obnoxious beeping horn and there goes the middle finger.

I want to start my morning right so instead of getting angry or pissed, I chuckle, radio dispatch my location, call out the stalled vehicle in the middle lane, provided the license plate and wait for a response. Dispatch informs me that officers and an ambulence had already been called by the vehicle’s driver, were on the way and that the driver was temporarily immobile.

I get out of my vehicle to run a quick welfare check on the lady in front, make sure she is okay and let her know that an ambulance is on the way. She’s good. By this time, the driver behind me has stopped honking, has her hazards on, is crying and showing signs of emotional distress LOL.

Woman :CWL:

I walk over to her, gesture for her to roll down the window, and she immediately begins crying more and profusely apologizing for her behavior. I am really not bothered by her asshat attitude but decide to put some theatrics in to scare her. :giggle:

In a very frustrated and pissed off voice, I bark at her, demanding to know where she was going to in such a hurry that she forgot road manners and courtesy? She starts to tell me but I interrupt her and explain to her that the lady in front had a stroke, was on the way to the ER at the hospital but is now unable to move out of traffic.

The Karen continues to cry, asks if the woman is going to be okay and I pause, tell her that I need her to clear the road, am going to hold off traffic to make a path and that she needs to get out of the way. I tell her that this area is mine to patrol and that I better not catch her out here involved in a road rage incident.

She nods and gets out of the way. Fortunately by this time there were only a few vehicles behind her that needed to pass.

I say all of this to say that it’s not a good idea to be rambunctious behind the wheel or honk obnoxiously. Especially since you don’t know who is in the vehicle ahead of you nor what they have in the vehicle that can hurt you.

The sobbing Karen in this example took home the humbling lesson that she’s not omniscient, that there are other people in this world and one of those people happened to have a medical emergency while driving.
Sponsored