Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I don't really know the cause but I have the cure:

Steel bumpers and a trailer hitch.
I don't honk my horn at people. I rarely have issues with road rage. Correlation? I'll leave it up to to the jury to decide.

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed a lot of hostility so far 6 months into being a Jeeper. Never had anything like it driving my Camaro. Today she (tiny hatchback) actively tried running me off the road, break checking and even driving on the wrong side of the road to do so. All because she was asleep at the green light and I lightly honked. Even worse it was near/in my neighborhood so I had to park around the back of my house.

Is this just a thing?

I had a van tru dashcam in my Camaro that now I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to install it in my Jeep. Tips and tricks?
You need a nice horn honk!
This is mine...
Got the idea from
and

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I almost spit my coffee out I laughed so hard at this.
Reminds me of when I was young and driving down the highway, I somehow pissed some guy off so he pulls up next to me and flips me off. I blew him a kiss and he about lost his mind and I just laughed. I find it more fun to do things like that vs. hurl insults :)
I love that approach. One of my favorites is to make eye contact with a jerk driver, smile, give them a thumbs up then rotate to a thumbs down with a little down emphasis at the end. No one ever seems to know what to do with that...

Sponsored

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I almost spit my coffee out I laughed so hard at this.
Reminds me of when I was young and driving down the highway, I somehow pissed some guy off so he pulls up next to me and flips me off. I blew him a kiss and he about lost his mind and I just laughed. I find it more fun to do things like that vs. hurl insults :)
When I was 18 I had a Renault LeCar. I honked at a big burly guy in a rusty truck at a stoplight after the 5-second rule. I could see his unhappy eyes in his rear view mirror. As he slowly pulled ahead, his enormous arm swung out the window motioning me to pull over. Being the smart ass I was, I hit the turn signal to pull over and as he stopped, I kicked it and got the hell out of there....flipping him off and honking my horn as I went by. Hard to believe to this day I out ran him in it. This is the same stoplight an old man was pulled over at for driving too slow and shot a few weeks later.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen leshit

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not anything to do with you being in a wrangler. Watch some road rage compilation videos on YouTube. Endless clips of exactly what you witnessed first hand.

Welcome to the modern day! A society lacking any dignity and respect, because they're hung up on the false thought of their pride being on the line and/or their"street cred".

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My worst road rage incident occurred when I was young and dumb (of course).

I was 16 and driving across Florida to visit family. I was in my mom’s old Scion TC on the turnpike, in the left lane going about 10 mph over the speed limit and fairly reasonably passing cars going the speed limit in the right lane. Traffic was fairly light that day.

A huge, lifted, blinged out H2 comes flying up on my tail. I can see him coming, so I speed up a little to pass the group of cars to my right faster, to allow me to get over to let him pass. That apparently wasn’t good enough for him and he got on my ass; it felt like he was 4” from my bumper, and began flashing his lights. I was thinking “dude chill I’m obviously going faster than these other cars, I’ll let you pass as soon as I can.” So I floor it, turn on my right turn signal, and pass the group of cars, opening up the right lane. The guy then stayed with me and as I was trying to get over to let him pass (which I indicated well in advance), he cut me off, getting in the right lane to pass me.

At this point I’m pretty annoyed with this guy’s doucheyness and in my young stupidity I decided in that moment to fuck with him. I could see another clump of cars in the right lane a little ways up so I floored it again, kept up with the huge Hummer, and passed him. I had a pretty good lead on him by the time I reached the next clump of cars. I slowed down and matched their speed.

I’m sure where you can see where this is going. Like I said, not my best moment but I was 16 and full of piss and vinegar and not afraid of nothing.

To wrap up the story, I ended up leapfrogging from group to group, letting him work himself into a fury while I laughed my ass off. He was fucking LIVID.
The pattern was simple: match a car’s speed for a while with him on my ass. Floor it and watch him try and fail to pass me. Hit about 120 mph before reaching the next car and slowing down again. Rinse, repeat.

When it came time to exit I finally let him pass me with enough room for him to get in front of me and execute his revenge: a handful of change out the moon roof. He may have had more planned but I didn’t stick around long enough to find out.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
That's the kind of person I just don't understand. I have NEIGHBORS like that. I live on a 25 mph dirt road, with a 14% grade, with plenty of deer and other critters always running around. So I adhere to the safe driving limit. I ALWAYS have a neighbor who wants to either coast or drive 60 down this incredibly dangerous road.

Then, when we get out on the main paved road, they do 35 in a 45.

I don't get people, man.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Definitely not anything to do with you being in a wrangler. Watch some road rage compilation videos on YouTube. Endless clips of exactly what you witnessed first hand.

Welcome to the modern day! A society lacking any dignity and respect, because they're hung up on the false thought of their pride being on the line and/or their"street cred".
I love the Wrangler. People assume it's slow, so at lights, they just go ahead without the littledick posturing I'd get when I'd be on a motorcycle or in my pickup. I just keep crusiing with the top down as they go on about their business.

Who races a Wrangler? LOL.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That's the kind of person I just don't understand. I have NEIGHBORS like that. I live on a 25 mph dirt road, with a 14% grade, with plenty of deer and other critters always running around. So I adhere to the safe driving limit. I ALWAYS have a neighbor who wants to either coast or drive 60 down this incredibly dangerous road.

Then, when we get out on the main paved road, they do 35 in a 45.

I don't get people, man.
That's called an obstructionist. One of the lowest forms of life. And the lowlives are growing in numbers. Fast!

Any walking dead fans around here? Not just about current story line or characters, but the purity of it all...

Time to hit the back button, before my mind goes any further down this path...

Fingertip mingling with you all is the next best form of therapy behind hitting trails and targets.

I'm off to find any other more positive thought invoking thread for now. Maybe someone's asking what the left dial does. It's been a few days

rvb

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
I've noticed a lot of hostility so far 6 months into being a Jeeper. Never had anything like it driving my Camaro. Today she (tiny hatchback) actively tried running me off the road, break checking and even driving on the wrong side of the road to do so. All because she was asleep at the green light and I lightly honked. Even worse it was near/in my neighborhood so I had to park around the back of my house.

Is this just a thing?

I had a van tru dashcam in my Camaro that now I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to install it in my Jeep. Tips and tricks?
I put one of these in my sons 2018 sport. 2 cameras one front one rear easy install, amazing quality.
https://blackvue.com/

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Funny we just bought a new house about 3 months ago. Now about every month since we moved in, a brand new dashcam shows up at our door. I now have 3 sitting here in the box. lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
When I was 18 I had a Renault LeCar. I honked at a big burly guy in a rusty truck at a stoplight after the 5-second rule. I could see his unhappy eyes in his rear view mirror. As he slowly pulled ahead, his enormous arm swung out the window motioning me to pull over. Being the smart ass I was, I hit the turn signal to pull over and as he stopped, I kicked it and got the hell out of there....flipping him off and honking my horn as I went by. Hard to believe to this day I out ran him in it. This is the same stoplight an old man was pulled over at for driving too slow and shot a few weeks later.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen leshit
Dang! Here's my problem with that... I drive an Ocean Blue, 3.5" lift, 37" tires Jeep that has "FAT NINJA" in big letters down each side of the hood. i.e.... I stand out a tick and it's pretty easy to recognize. It's not like I'm driving some sheeple car that the person wouldn't recognize if they saw it again, so I'm worried I'll piss someone off and days later they will see my Jeep somewhere and piss on the floor mats or something... lol.