Just got road raged by a Karen

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
All one needs to know about the current psychology of the masses is to read random youtube comments. A lot of pissed off and stupid people in possession of a deadly weapon - their vehicle. For whatever reason the Jeep seems to keep my highway speeds down along with my blood pressure. One plus to a bit of wander at-speed with a short wheelbase :)
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
You want to see people road rage on you, drive a Prius. Holy shit everyone hates those things and a pickup driver doesn't exist that can stand being behind one. Nobody messes with me in my Jeep. Even my old TJ, which was remarkably slower than my Prius, never got bothered.
Quoted for truth!

Iā€˜ve never encountered road rage in my Jeeps, but the Prius was a whooooole other story. I was frequently tailgated, regardless of my speed (and *not* in the left lane), flipped off, and cut off. It was unreal. It was a different experience from driving my Miatas when people just didnā€™t see you.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I understand the frustration and I have experienced the same situation. However cleaver name calling merely reduces you to the pathetic level of the offender and risks some crazy pulling out a gun and shooting you. Unfortunately we canā€™t fix stupid or rude self centered drivers.

Lol....i will take my chances.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have known a Caren, Karen and a Kerrin and they were all wonderful! I am less than wonderful so l was not up to any of their standards. :( Of course I didn't have a Jeep in those days!

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Must be where you live where people are overworked or underpaid and they hate to see someone taking life easy with a Jeep (even though that's more of a notion than a real thing, due to QC lately).

A word of advice about installing anything in the cabin of a Jeep... especially if you're running a soft top, what you install might tempt people to break in. If possible, have it removable and hide it when stopping in dodgy places.
I have nothing to add but I just wanted to say we need to use the word dodgy more often. I just love it. Screw those dodgy bahstids!

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I understand the frustration and I have experienced the same situation. However cleaver name calling merely reduces you to the pathetic level of the offender and risks some crazy pulling out a gun and shooting you. Unfortunately we canā€™t fix stupid or rude self centered drivers.
Thatā€™s good advice...........ya dodgy bahstid!

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
for a dashcam if you have the factory Aux switches in the cab you will have a battery and an ignition wire i have my Dashcam hardwired into those works just fine i have an A119v3 dashcam

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Must be side effects from the lockdown...

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
two words .... train horn :CWL:

Had one on my truck for years, was always great to get someone's attention or simply be an ass to people that need it. I haven't had the jeep that long but suspect there will be one installed before the year is over

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Not quite too sure how to answer tips and trix. But i have a dash cam setup in my front left windshield, used with a 10ft power cord and some special plastic clips with an adhesive side keeping the cord on the roll cage then ran to the rear 12v port. This keeps power continuous so its recording while im away and a 64gig storage will capture enough of 8-10 hours while parked at work.

Also this morning i had a Kia soul (still with new temp dealer plate) go around me and run through a red light, was hoping to capture some karma.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Two ways to solve the problem:

1. Tie old tires around the vehicle like on a tug boat. Nobody will want to come close.

2. Tape two white canes to the front bumper, wear dark sunglasses and drive very rigidly.

:LOL:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The thing of it is that sweet revenge against "Karens" are that they ultimately meet up with people who don't tolerate their crap, or other "Karens." Still more, they're not happy people, lacking ability to accept life's imperfections.

My wife had a "Karen" working for her. Down the block from where we live is, albeit a highly skilled ER doctor, but another "Karen" none the less.

True story: one day W2 "Karen" needed to take her kid to the ER and sure enough, as luck would have it, "Karen," MD was assigned W2 "Karen's" kid's case.

W2 "Karen" had a hissy fit, "Karen," MD, (who IMHO lacks a doctor's need to not act like a "Karen,") called security, and W2 "Karen" was arrested as 4 hospital security guards were initially assigned to each of W2 "Karen's" flailing arms/legs.

Oh, the issue: moderate (totally non-life threatening) asthma in W2 "Karen's" kid, whom I'm glad to report, is medically fine now.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You want to see people road rage on you, drive a Prius. Holy shit everyone hates those things and a pickup driver doesn't exist that can stand being behind one. Nobody messes with me in my Jeep. Even my old TJ, which was remarkably slower than my Prius, never got bothered.

As for dash cams, I would like one as well in the Jeep but I need water and dust resistant since I have the top and doors off most of the time. Something that is easily taken down or has theft coverage (such as Owl) would be another thing I'd want. I can't offer you suggestions on cameras but I suggest you look for the same as one of the joys of having a Jeep is taking the top/doors/windshield off.
Prius drivers on the West Coast tend to drive greater than 80MPH....

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
People get triggered when you honk now. But they dont like to admit fault so they lash out and blame it on someone else because everyone is a snowflake now.

Some chick cut me off hard the other day, i almost hit her bumper. I honked and she started flipping me off and screaming "fuck you" to me. I was able to pull up next to her at a light and was going to call her a cunt. But at the last second this popped into my head. I said, " You should not drive angry its bad for the baby." Implying of course that she was fat. I can only hope she went home and screamed at her cuck of a husband while OD'ing on a pint of ice cream filled with crushed ambien.
I almost spit my coffee out I laughed so hard at this.
Reminds me of when I was young and driving down the highway, I somehow pissed some guy off so he pulls up next to me and flips me off. I blew him a kiss and he about lost his mind and I just laughed. I find it more fun to do things like that vs. hurl insults :)
Sponsored