First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
You want to see people road rage on you, drive a Prius.
The hell !!!
Drive a tractor-trailer ... you get all kinds of a$$hats cutting you off, flipping you off, and brake checking you. The most fun we have is when we tag one and watch it go skittering through the comedian. Cops show up, and the driver shows them the dash cam footage ... yes, we all have them now ... and they say have dispatch email me a copy of that, and have a nice day sir. Then off they go to ticket or arrest the other guy.
Lawsuits just go to the insurance company who simply and politely reply "We refer you to the reply given in Arkell v Pressdram (1971)".
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nihkole

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
More tricks beyond not driving like an asshole and watching out for others who drive like an asshole?

Be courteous, stay alert and in your lane, obey traffic laws, use your turn signals, use the horn ultra sparingly and safely get to where you are trying to go.

Don’t assume that the person operating a motor vehicle around you is capable, of sound mind and judgment as that may be a dangerous assumption.
Just sayin, I'm a pretty safe driver. Never been in an accident that was my fault and my car insurance is less than 100 dollars a month for full coverage for a new Jeep and sports car.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I've noticed a lot of hostility so far 6 months into being a Jeeper. Never had anything like it driving my Camaro. Today she (tiny hatchback) actively tried running me off the road, break checking and even driving on the wrong side of the road to do so. All because she was asleep at the green light and I lightly honked. Even worse it was near/in my neighborhood so I had to park around the back of my house.

Is this just a thing?

I had a van tru dashcam in my Camaro that now I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to install it in my Jeep. Tips and tricks?
Hey Nihkole.

Yes, it's a thing. It's called Narcissism and it's on the rise: people whose love of self, while important for us all to have, is too excessive compared to the norm.

It has so been on the rise that the clinically written thresholds for what is considered normal self love have risen over the last few years to higher levels of self love.

Many blame this on the internet and websites so devoted to having their members create a hyped persona of self that they forget, when turning off the computer, to turn off their ego. Others blame credit cards and the debt people accumulate on them for the increases in people's desire for materialistic items to excess.

We straddle a fine line in public of not wanting to be habitually bossed around by some complete ass, and realizing that whatever we do (that's legal) is unlikely to sway that person's actions towards us, or others going forward.

Nacissists by definition don't respond to please and thank you. They think they are right and respond only to fear: the kind that could find you in trouble if you physically threaten them.

My best suggestion is a dash cam and ignoring them.

Pull over in a McDonalds if necessary; let them pass. You never know who has a firearm and may use it irresponsibly.

Two satisfying anecdotes for you I hope:

As a child in the car I told my daughter that I was going to let the crazy driver behind me pass me on the parkway so he/she could have an accident far away from me. I found him pulled over 1/4 mile ahead having had a collision with another driver.

I live in an area with more Narcissists than on average. It's a fancy area that my wife and I bought a postage stamp size house in for the schools.

Recently a guy in a Porche blew a stop sign near my home and screamed at me....said he was calling the police. I patiently waited for him to finish, and uttered, truthfully and as matter-of-factly as I could , those 5 magic words:

"I have a dash cam."

With no more words spoken he got into his car, shut up, and that was it.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
You know, if someone is busy texting at a red light and it turns green everyone behind is to patiently wait while the idiot finishes texting. It could have been a critical text like "OMG did you see the shoes she was wearing?"
Actually was rear ended at a red light by the woman behind me that was texting and she thought the light turned green so she floored it without looking up.
I had the same thing happen to me. A woman rear ended me at a light and when I got out of my Jeep she locked the door. I must have looked pissed because I was on my way to work, but when I saw the damage, I laughed. Nothing for me, her bumper was crushed.

To answer the op's question, it depends where I am. I typically don't see hostility directed at me because I am a Jeep driver, but today I had someone driving way to close to my rear bumper because I wasn't going fast enough for them. It happens, but it sounds like that person you dealt with has some issues.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Some chick cut me off hard the other day, i almost hit her bumper. I honked and she started flipping me off and screaming "fuck you" to me. I was able to pull up next to her at a light and was going to call her a cunt. But at the last second this popped into my head. I said, " You should not drive angry its bad for the baby." Implying of course that she was fat. I can only hope she went home and screamed at her cuck of a husband while OD'ing on a pint of ice cream filled with crushed ambien.
I don't know if she was the only one was "triggered."

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I really should get one.

Had a guy hit my truck, acknowledged fault and apologized at the scene. Then he denied a week later when his insurance company took point on denying our claim. I had a picture of him by his plates with GPS coordinates and a reasonable organization would have accepted that as ample evidence of where the accident really occurred. He not only claimed a different location on the road (a much wider area where two large SUV’s could pass at the same time) but he claimed we were both at fault. He was speeding, came around a curve fast and we dropped tires on the right shoulder trying to avoid hitting mirrors. It didn’t help.

On principle of essentially being called a liar, I was mad as hell for a day or two. Then I cooled off and since it was just a scuffed folding mirror on a new truck, I let it go. He’s still a ducking backwards hat wearing, 40 year old,
Marshall Mathers wannabe looking punk.:LOL:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
The hell !!!
Drive a tractor-trailer ... you get all kinds of a$$hats cutting you off, flipping you off, and brake checking you. The most fun we have is when we tag one and watch it go skittering through the comedian. Cops show up, and the driver shows them the dash cam footage ... yes, we all have them now ... and they say have dispatch email me a copy of that, and have a nice day sir. Then off they go to ticket or arrest the other guy.
Lawsuits just go to the insurance company who simply and politely reply "We refer you to the reply given in Arkell v Pressdram (1971)".
I have watched so many videos of people acting like complete jerks to those drive tractor trailers. The craziest was a FedEx delivery van that brake checked a tractor trailer and got rear ended ... all on dash cam. I am absolutely amazed at the drivers in Europe (either England or Eastern European countries) where people go absolutely out of there way to get hit by a truck. There was one in England where there was not a vehicle for kilometers and a car jumped in front and brake checked the trucker. The trucker got out and pointed to the dash cam and the auto driver sped off. Must be a big insurance scam over there. I am certainly not saying we don't have that in the states too. We have the world's greatest percentage of lawyers.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If someone is following/harassing you when you are driving, don't go home or to work, or anywhere else you park frequently. No need for them to know your vehicle and neighborhood if they ever want to come back when you aren't around or asleep. Try to find a police station, a patrol car, or call 911.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Beware the Highway Hag
1592941554639.png
What she doesn’t understand is that people in the world can give her much, much worse than coronavirus. :giggle:
I was able to pull up next to her at a light and was going to call her a cunt. But at the last second this popped into my head. I said, " You should not drive angry its bad for the baby."
That’s pretty funny. Best way to deal with those people is to not engage them. Nothing infuriates an angry driver more than another who appears calm and completely oblivious to the enraged driver. Plus, you get to go to wherever you’re going safely. The other driver probably doesn’t sleep and instead has a mini heart attack. :giggle:
Tractor trailer drivers have to be some of the most cognizant and safest drivers out there. Especially if their rigs are manuals. Most people aren’t aware of what’s it’s like to be an 18 wheeler driver and how much attention at the wheel is required. They do their best to NOT impede traffic. Plus, I always get waves from them.
I'm a pretty safe driver. Never been in an accident that was my fault and my car insurance is less than 100 dollars a month for full coverage for a new Jeep and sports car.
Good!! People don’t act like that for nothing. Next time If you suspect you have a bully following you, stay calm, don’t engage them, dial 911 and lead them to your local police department. Let the officers find out what has them so wound up.
He’s still a ducking backwards hat wearing, 40 year old, Marshall Mathers wannabe looking punk.:LOL:
Life has a funny way of treating these types of people. Those behaviors follow a person and karma always comes back to bite them. Good on you for being the bigger person.
The trucker got out and pointed to the dash cam and the auto driver sped off.
Front and rear dash cams are silent witnesses to events. Make sure meta data is enabled on each recording and if worse comes to worse, it’ll all be on record.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sahara Wrangler
I don't think its specific to Jeeps. I think there's a lot of people that have been stuck at home with a lot of built up energy and not a constructive way to let it out, resulting in people being assholes.
I think this is more likely the culprit than the Jeep itself. I live in Houston and folks are losing their sh*t around here on the freeways and on the roads. I've seen multiple times where people in random vehicles are yelling and screaming at each other.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving an 18 wheeler (empty) heading back to Maine thru Fish Kill NY (lots of hills). i got the Cruise locked and am maintaining 65 mph in the left lane passing loaded trucks pulling the hills with flashers on @35 mph...........I'm on a time constraint to get back. Some ass hat pulled in front of me AFTER I got past the slow trucks in the right lane and I moved over. They break checked me all the way down to 35 mph just because they wanted to go 80 mph and I held them up for a minute or two. I had loaded trucks behind me trying to get up to speed before climbing the next hill and ass hat jamming on the breaks.........:mad:

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
More tricks beyond not driving like an asshole and watching out for others who drive like an asshole?

Be courteous, stay alert and in your lane, obey traffic laws, use your turn signals, use the horn ultra sparingly and safely get to where you are trying to go.

Don’t assume that the person operating a motor vehicle around you is capable, of sound mind and judgment as that may be a dangerous assumption.
I try to stay in my lane but my Jeep says different!:headbang:
Sponsored