Sponsored

Just got road raged by a Karen

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Moving from NYC to LA has taught me to chill with the horn. In NY the horn is a courtesy, excuse me kind sir the light has become green, please continue driving. Here people freak the @uck out if you use the horn. A lot of unbalanced people out here. I still can't help it sometimes but I'm trying to restrain myself.
Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I don't think its specific to Jeeps. I think there's a lot of people that have been stuck at home with a lot of built up energy and not a constructive way to let it out, resulting in people being assholes.
Sadly I believe it was part of a devious plan to get where we are today!

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've noticed a lot of hostility so far 6 months into being a Jeeper. Never had anything like it driving my Camaro. Today she (tiny hatchback) actively tried running me off the road, break checking and even driving on the wrong side of the road to do so. All because she was asleep at the green light and I lightly honked. Even worse it was near/in my neighborhood so I had to park around the back of my house.

Is this just a thing?

I had a van tru dashcam in my Camaro that now I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to install it in my Jeep. Tips and tricks?
Not the Jeep...

I have noticed it's very difficult to give the horn a little tap on autos these days. Seems it's all or nothing. That doesn't help matters.

I have a front and rear Rexing dash cam. I found a link on YouTube (Rexing JL dashcam) and pretty much copied what the guy did. I ran some wires under the floor mats where I could. I am able to run the front dash cam with the roof and doors off. The rear cam is attached to the window so it stays with the roof. I have to remember to disconnect the wire to it :)

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Before the Jeep, I had a guy sit at a red light, long after green. He was talking to the guy in the truck next to him, so I assumed maybe giving directions, but after about 5 seconds I gave the quick 2 tap of the horn. The guy flipped me off, and lit up the tires in the Mercedes he was in.

He kept brake checking me, so I kept backing off. We reached the next light, and he slowed down, apparently hoping it would turn yellow and it did so he stopped, then got out and came up pounding on my window saying he was going to kick my ass.

I sat there calmly smiling, one hand on my firearm, the other on the steering wheel. Light turned green I looked in the other lane, saw and opening and shot through the intersection.

I got to work and pulled my dash cam down and took it in the office where I pulled the footage. I could see clearly the auto-shop on his uniform, and that the Mercedes had out of state plates. Figure he was on a test drive, so I sent a copy of the footage to their email address, and told them a copy went to the Sheriff department as well (even though I never did).

Sponsored

Cudaclay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLU
I had a 19-20 yr old cut me off. They hit me though. 2017 Malibu ended up in the ditch her parents were so mad. My Jeep was fine I have a front tow bar

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Like I said with road rage, I always think that the person is driving like that rushing to the hospital. It makes it way easier for me to give them a free pass and not react to their behavior. Things that I have learned over the years.....

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Thinking of this, I was in Fayetteville, North Carolina last year and while visiting the Special Operations Museum, I saw a T-Shirt that said:

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Home of Special Operation for the US ARMY
Possibly the worst place in the world to start a Bar fight

I got a good chuckle out of that because it is probably true. It might also be the worse place to road rage at also. Then about 6 months later, someone that I know that is stationed at Ft. Bragg that is a special operations soldier was dressed in a JIU JITSU GI on their way to spare at a Jiu Jitsu gym and was forced off the road by a 18 to 20 year old kid road raging. Well this special operations soldier gets out of the car in his GI and the young kid ran back to his car to leave. I am thinking that kid never read the T-Shirt at the Special Operations Museum. I still laugh about it to this day putting myself in that young kids shoes, jumping out of the car going to whip some ass and hold the fuck up, this dude is in a karate outfit, 6'5" and big as fuck, I better get back in my fuckin car NOW. This special operations soldier just said, That some funny shit and went to the gymmand rolled for an hour or two.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Like I said with road rage, I always think that the person is driving like that rushing to the hospital. It makes it way easier for me to give them a free pass and not react to their behavior. Things that I have learned over the years.....
I've definitely been guilty of getting overly pissed when people are tailgating or trying to blow by me. Then I got a call that my daughter fell and hit her head. It turned out to be absolutely nothing, she didn't even have to go to the hospital, but I was a new dad and freaked out, drove as fast as my car would take me to get to her. Since then I have assumed, like you do, they may really have to be somewhere. Most likely they're just a schmuck, but it keeps me from stressing or putting myself in harms way.

Sponsored

DWJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unltd
A couple of months ago I honked at a guy in a new Explorer for not reacting to the green light. He waited, pulled up next to me in oncoming traffic and said “you think you’re tough in your truck?” I laughed & said “do you?” He said “I know I’m tough” and proceeded to drive away on the wrong side and through the red light I was stopped at.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
He waited, pulled up next to me in oncoming traffic and said “you think you’re tough in your truck?” I laughed & said “well your wife, mother, sisters, aunts, female cousins and daughters all do. Do you?” He said “I know I have a very small wiener”, sharted and proceeded to drive away on the wrong side, through the red light and ended up getting plastered by a honking 18 wheeler.
Instant karma is beautiful. Also, fixed it for you. :giggle:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
P.S: "sharted" HAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
People shart all the time. It’s a biological problem and the legal representatives for the people with sharts are investigating your comments. Most likely nothing will become of it because they’re too busy sharting. :CWL:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
As for dashcams, I've got an Apeman dual dashcam setup myself. The front one sticks to the inside of the windshield with a suction cup device, and the rear one can stick to the rear rollbar crossmember. It comes with more than enough wiring to connect them all, and for the sake of making it look clean, I tucked all of the wiring behind the plastic trim panels along the rollbar.

Setup is simple- you put in a micro-sd card (I used a sandisk 64gb) and format it to the camera. It will automatically turn on and record when you turn on the ignition, it saves each clip in three minute chunks, and writes over the oldest clip with new footage so you don't have to worry about storage. Bigger SD card = how far back you can watch the footage before it's been written over.

Hope this helps you with setting up a dashcam yourself.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRV85NP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got road raged by a Karen Tennis, anyone?
rear crossmember with tucked wiring

underside of glove box

right a-pillar

hidden nicely behind mirror w/ koala friend
How does it handle the heat of Phoenix in the summer? I live near Tucson, AZ so I know all about summer temps in the desert. I have been looking at a Rexing dash cam due to their use of super capacitors instead of Lithium Ion batteries to survive the instead vehicle temps in the summer.

As for mounting I would like to additive manufacture a clip to hold it into the area above the rear view mirror or to the mirror itself. My goal is to have something that is as inconspicuous as possible while minimizing any "blocking of view" issues.

JLJeeper76

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When people are driving crazy, I typically move over and tell myself that maybe they are on the way to the hospital because someone they love are taking their last breath and I don't want to be the one that causes them to miss it. That attitude sure helps me not get road rage.
I like that. Another good one my wife uses is maybe they have to go to the bath room real bad and that's why they are in a hurry.
Sponsored