Sponsored

Just got my 2020 Rubicon Unlimited. When I press brake pedal I hear a loud hiss...

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
Hi Azhdar,
We're sorry to hear about your concerns with your new JL. If you need any additional assistance, we recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care. I have included a link to their information below!
https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx
Alex
Jeep Cares
Thanks, Alex, unfortunately they will tell me to contact with the dealer and my local dealers will tell me to take the car where you bought it lol
Sponsored

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi Azhdar,
We're sorry to hear about your concerns with your new JL. If you need any additional assistance, we recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care. I have included a link to their information below!
https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx
Alex
Jeep Cares
Hi Alex, I also notice the hissing noise when step and release the brake pad, I go to dealer this morning, they said itā€™s new feature of 2021 jl, sound comes from electric brake vacuum pump, so itā€™s normal. Can you confirm with it? Where can I find this new feature be mentioned? Thx.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Alex, I also notice the hissing noise when step and release the brake pad, I go to dealer this morning, they said itā€™s new feature of 2021 jl, sound comes from electric brake vacuum pump, so itā€™s normal. Can you confirm with it? Where can I find this new feature be mentioned? Thx.
Hey, Yann. For assistance with this, we suggest reaching out to the team in your region at 1-800-465-2001.

Kate
Jeep Cares

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I believe itā€™s normal šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø My Sahara does the same thing.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
My 2019 does it. Pretty sure it's normal and you really only notice it when your in a drive through or a garage when the sound bounces off a nearby wall. I think it has something to do with the transmission that allows you to shift out of/into park or reverse.

Sponsored

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
My 2020 Sport S does the same thing. I noticed it when I bought in Aug last year. And yes, really notice in drive thru or in the garage. I figured was probably normal especially the more I drove it.

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
It's your brake booster charging the brake lines. There's nothing abnormal about it. It's the cylindrical thing thats on the firewall right in front of the steering wheel.

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks. cannot believe got so many help here. Appreciate it. feel better to know it's normal :)

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I would suppose the noise is from the brake booster. I'd assume it is the booster receiving more vacuum to replace what you used when you applied the brake pedal.
Sponsored