Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The impression I get from that video is that with so many removable panels, there’s very little integrity left in the hardtop itself. With so many separate panels rubbing against each other, the opportunity for rattles and squeaks multiply exponentially.

The poor quality of the top is evident when they show hardtop material scaling off to the touch, and the headliner material peeling off already.

I’d hate to hear that top rattling and squeaking after six months.
Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Yeah I asked the sales guy the same thing. He said it came to them with gaps and he was a bit surprised.
To open the trunk you have to lift it which probably doesn't help either like who thought of the design of this???

I saw a video where they show how to completely remove the soft top. It collapses all the way down onto a frame that surrounds the rear, and then two people can just lift the entire assembly off. They really didnt leave themselves any other option for rear entry access other than tilting the entire thing up. I am not a fan of it .

I think it's why the rears on all the soft tops look the way they do, is from the constant lifting and flexing of the windows.

I really think that in Ford's overzealous approach to address every pain point they thought the Wrangler had, they created several for themselves.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The impression I get from that video is that with so many removable panels, there’s very little integrity left in the hardtop itself. With so many separate panels rubbing against each other, the opportunity for rattles and squeaks multiply exponentially.

The poor quality of the top is evident when they show hardtop material scaling off to the touch, and the headliner material peeling off already.

I’d hate to hear that top rattling and squeaking after six months.
i have beat on my 2018 wrangler on the trails pretty good and modified the suspension, gears and wheels/tires, and it still is squeak/rattle free. i cant imagine someone paying $65k (give or take) for their new vehicle to have the headliner falling off after a couple of days lol.

TFL should take that Bronco to Vroom. probably get $80k for it due to all the demand and shortgage lol.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL should take that Bronco to Vroom. probably get $80k for it due to all the demand and shortgage lol.
I’m sure the are planning to generate much more than that through video content.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah I asked the sales guy the same thing. He said it came to them with gaps and he was a bit surprised.
To open the trunk you have to lift it which probably doesn't help either like who thought of the design of this???
Ford quality job number 1. Just put together in a hurry and used as many short cuts and cost cuttings as possible. It's also apparent in the cost cutting corners on the engine designs.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Also, it’s a business expense - tax write off.

Man, if only I had a radio voice…
I've always been told I have a face for radio...

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
The more videos I see of the Bronco, the less impressed I become. At least TFL keeps it real, unlike most reviewers out there looking for clicks.
Don't kid yourself. TFL is as much about getting clicks as everyone else. It's their business model.

Sure, they take a different approach. But that too is part of their business model to appeal to people over other channels.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Don't kid yourself. TFL is as much about getting clicks as everyone else. It's their business model.

Sure, they take a different approach. But that too is part of their business model to appeal to people over other channels.
No kidding sherlock.