Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That's because you were driving a vehicle in which having a wheel in the air is a rare occurrence, not one designed to handle it as a vehicle with IFS is.

Watching the videos where this happens it doesn't look scary, it looks fun.

I agree, your experience was scary, but as in your case it shows that any unexpected incident off-road in any vehicle can be vehicle/life threatening.
Long-arm ifs is specifically designed to maximize off road comfort and control, while carrying speed through the whoops.

Short-arm ifs, like on the bronco and most other vehicles, is designed to maximize on road drive ability. The short arm version wasn't designed to lift wheels, it just simply causes it to happen sooner and more often than with a similarly setup Jeep with sea. Adding lockers to all bronco trims was designed into its plans because they knew it would be prone to easily lifting a wheel.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it's really that big a deal, rather like inside rear wheel lift on hard corners at speed on some sports cars.

Arguably offset by the improved safety/performance on-road where the majority of both vehicles will spend most of their time.

Either way it seems like a wash, but I don't have a dog in this hunt.
I wouldn't think to argue against the merits of ifs, when it comes to on road drive ability. The Bronco was clearly designed with on road daily driving comfort as it's #1 priority. Off road capability was a close 2nd, so long as it didn't impede on #1.

Wranglers have always put offroad as #1 and has improved on road manners over the generations, but adamantly refuses to cross the line of threatening offroad performance.

I also won't argue that most of these offroad segment vehicles don't spend the majority of their time on road. But when venturing offroad, some prefer having a higher ceiling of capability, enough to not mind a less docile commute. The Wrangler is meant to fill that need. Others are perfectly fine with a slightly lower ceiling because they prefer a more docile commute that can still out perform most everything else after the pavement ends.

I credit Ford for not going full toe to toe with the Jeep, because theirs an obvious gap in the marketplace. And all that was needed, was reversing those 1st and 2nd priorities that Jeep refused to do. Kudos to both companies, and here's to a future of advancements for all of us to benefit from. :beer: :fist bump:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve waited a few weeks for my Jeep order to come in and my curiosity got the best of me so I went to test drive a Bronco.
Wildtrack with the Sasquatch and 2.7 V6
It was alright, maybe my expectations were through the roof given the countless YouTube videos Iā€™ve watched raving about it but it didnā€™t blow me away like I expected.
It definitely felt bigger and looked cool with the 35ā€ but it made me realize how much more excited I was for my Jeep (which also comes with 35ā€ from the factory now).
The interior had a bigger screen which was snappy and fast but the rest cohesively just didnā€™t feel up to the 58k price this one was at.
The exterior of the Bronco in my opinion REQUIRES the Sasquatch package. It just looks wrong without it.
I honestly went in thinking Iā€™d cancel my Jeep order and wait for a Bronco now but no Bronco for me yet.
473C4177-F8B2-4C75-AE47-7EFCB51E029D.jpeg
C9080F27-20B0-4053-88A8-6FB0C5BA8385.jpeg
FA48F347-AA61-47CC-BE04-18551CC6F3DD.jpeg
4D3367AD-F234-4294-9FED-2DE5ED0EF7F2.jpeg
Plus that one has the soft top...the same to which Ford forgot to add a rear opening...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
If you have lockers I don't get what the big deal is about one wheel being off the ground; as far as making it up the trail it simply doesn't matter and seems to be a big deal simply because it's an advantage to having solid axles rather than IFS.
Side slopes, off camber situations, steep inclines/declines... it's tippy time.
If you're on 3 wheels only, locked, front wheel on a big big round boulder even on flat ground you are greatly increasing the chances of whipping to the side and rolling it.

4 wheels on the ground is not just a feature, it's a function.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Someone on another Jeep forum posted this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 1627664427523

This is the money shot of the entire video, IMO.
Yup. When i watched the video and saw that it was a massive difference between the 2. It's almost like the sway bar was not disconnected given how little articulation the Bronco had.

Another thing that caught my eye is when they were parked next to each other how massive the Bronco looked compared to the Jeep and it did get brought up a few times in the video how the JL driver was able to take different lines to get past because of smaller size.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Iā€™ve waited a few weeks for my Jeep order to come in and my curiosity got the best of me so I went to test drive a Bronco.
Wildtrack with the Sasquatch and 2.7 V6
It was alright, maybe my expectations were through the roof given the countless YouTube videos Iā€™ve watched raving about it but it didnā€™t blow me away like I expected.
It definitely felt bigger and looked cool with the 35ā€ but it made me realize how much more excited I was for my Jeep (which also comes with 35ā€ from the factory now).
The interior had a bigger screen which was snappy and fast but the rest cohesively just didnā€™t feel up to the 58k price this one was at.
The exterior of the Bronco in my opinion REQUIRES the Sasquatch package. It just looks wrong without it.
I honestly went in thinking Iā€™d cancel my Jeep order and wait for a Bronco now but no Bronco for me yet.
Wow the back of that soft top looks really really bad. It was definitely put on correctly? I am honestly a bit shocked.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow the back of that soft top looks really really bad. It was definitely put on correctly? I am honestly a bit shocked.
Have you seen how the back of the soft top opens up? It is the most retarded design of the last 25 years. It explains why the quarter panels on the Bronco soft tops always look loosely fitted and wrinkled up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... D060503B-318D-4E40-8BDB-F9F1C0A0FF2E

Whoever approved that design should be fired.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Yeah I asked the sales guy the same thing. He said it came to them with gaps and he was a bit surprised.
To open the trunk you have to lift it which probably doesn't help either like who thought of the design of this???

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Yeah I asked the sales guy the same thing. He said it came to them with gaps and he was a bit surprised.
To open the trunk you have to lift it which probably doesn't help either like who thought of the design of this???
Strike one! Hopefully (or not, dont care) they can at least get the Bronco up to a higher quality and Engineering standard. As it stands now, its a big NO GO....

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

that bronco is damn good looking. ill give it that.

lol at any bronco fanboys who previously said they would take a bronco over any pos wrangler with subpar jeep quality lol. although, we do have to give ford some slack here. its not like they had a lot of time to iron out the kinks on this vehicle.... its kind of funny.... how can a vehicle take 10 years to make and be rushed out at the same time? only Ford has the answers to that mystery of life.
Sponsored