Just got home from Bronco event...

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
@F2F Looks like they don't show the 2 door Jeep in the speed comparison, but do in the braking test. I smell some bias reporting. :mad:
Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I drive a 2004 Honda CRV with a manual 5 speed. It’s a wonderful trail head car. Always gets me there and back and is so old nobody would steal or mess with it. It’s a great car for the PNW.
I also have a 2012 GTI. I love that car. Manual.
I’m waiting on a Ford Transit that is in production Hell so I sympathize with the Bronco guys.
Had a 2002 Honda CRV for 17 years, that car was bullet proof, never once got it stuck in all the years I drove it. Buried it in snow up past the bottom of the doors once, it just climbed right out. Talked to one of the service guys at Honda and he said that 2002-2005 (or was it 2006) design was the best offroad CRV Honda ever made. We've got a 2016 now and it can't hold a candle to the 2002.

Best,
-Tim

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
@F2F Looks like they don't show the 2 door Jeep in the speed comparison, but do in the braking test. I smell some bias reporting. :mad:
I’m sure that’s all they could get their hands on. Regardless, seems the 4DR Bronco isn’t going to be as fast as everyone had thought. A 2.0L JLU should hang or beat a 4DR 2.7L Bronco based on these numbers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL got a Ford Bronco today. It will be added to their long-term fleet.

They paid $69,000, incl. tax & license.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Looking forward to their upcoming content. They sure paid a lot of coin…ouch

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Finally got to see a Bronco in reality. Dealer applied a 10k markup and for the life of me I can't figure out what is going on with that rear plastic panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... IMG_3930
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... image0
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... image5
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... image3
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... image7

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra

$69k, :LOL::CWL::CWL::blush:. What A deal!!!!! For a Ford…….joke.

Thta video really shows off how bad those flares are! God, what an afterthought. The aftermarket should come up with something to replace those stock units. Given the width of these and then the 4” wide fender extensions you are going to see lots of trail damage I think.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Finally got to see a Bronco in reality. Dealer applied a 10k markup and for the life of me I can't figure out what is going on with that rear plastic panel.
Unfortunately, all the soft tops I've seen photos of have that wrinkle to them. Asked about it on the 6g forum and the concensus seems to be it's 'just one of those things'.
There is a similar attitude (from a surprising number of folks) to the bad MIC tops people are getting: 'they're light, cheap tops that are made to be removed. Quit whining and deal with it.' -to be fair, there are also a bunch who believe it's unexceptable for a vehicle at this price.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
image5.jpeg
This! This is how you open the rear with the sot top. There’s no separate curtain to access the cargo area. You have to lift the entire rear quarter section.

Those plastic windows are going to last 6 months; 2 months in winter.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 619B39B5-B032-4DC4-8947-41A42985BE8D

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 30E05C90-0276-434A-ABB7-FE8688B763B2

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
$69k, :LOL::CWL::CWL::blush:. What A deal!!!!! For a Ford…….joke.

Thta video really shows off how bad those flares are! God, what an afterthought. The aftermarket should come up with something to replace those stock units. Given the width of these and then the 4” wide fender extensions you are going to see lots of trail damage I think.
Yeah, you can really see on that video how far those flares stick out.

In fairness, this particular Bronco has the widetrack option.

Apparently, Ford is under the impression that a wide track gives you an advantage on the trails... 😫

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That lift up rear section will be a delight in rain/ snow/ wind.
At least Wrangler soft tops now have the aftermarket "EZ Window" that supports the rear section, makes it an " awning" that also protects from rain as you load/ unload.
This Ford Idea highlights some really basic cluelessness that went into Bronco design. Add to the electronic " parking " brake, and that rotary dial on the center console. Body count keeps rising

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That lift up rear section will be a delight in rain/ snow/ wind.
At least Wrangler soft tops now have the aftermarket "EZ Window" that supports the rear section, makes it an " awning" that also protects from rain as you load/ unload.
This Ford Idea highlights some really basic cluelessness that went into Bronco design. Add to the electronic " parking " brake, and that rotary dial on the center console. Body count keeps rising
I have a hard time believing that Ford consciously decided to have the rear of the soft top open up like that.

A more likely scenario, IMO, is that engineers ran into difficulties and it was either delay launch for another six to twelve months, or cut their loses, compromise and do it like this.

Nevertheless, from the end user’s standpoint, it is a really dumbass setup.

PS - I’m sure Ford is telling dealers to sell that dumbass rear access opening as a “security” feature.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2

I really look forward to their reviews, because I know they're not going to hold back.

On the subject of the soft top on the Bronco. I've never cared for the way it looked at the back. At one time I thought the back raising up was a good idea, until I learned how it works on my JL.

Some of you will find this amusing, but in the seven months I've had my JL, I just figured out how to open the soft top back window without taking it completely out.

I ironically learned this watching the first TFL video comparing the Wrangler and Bronco. Tommy who hadn't used a Wrangler in awhile (this was before he bought his Willy's) showed how the back window detaches at the bottom and you can just flip it up.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I really look forward to their reviews, because I know they're not going to hold back.

On the subject of the soft top on the Bronco. I've never cared for the way it looked at the back. At one time I thought the back raising up was a good idea, until I learned how it works on my JL.

Some of you will find this amusing, but in the seven months I've had my JL, I just figured out how to open the soft top back window without taking it completely out.

I ironically learned this watching the first TFL video comparing the Wrangler and Bronco. Tommy who hadn't used a Wrangler in awhile (this was before he bought his Willy's) showed how the back window detaches at the bottom and you can just flip it up.
Agreed. TFL perhaps produces the best content for trucks online.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL just uploaded a 3-way real-world off-road comparo between Ford Bronco Sasquatch, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe and Land Rover Defender.

The Defender didn't even make it half way up due to the low profile tires.

In the end they give the nod to the Bronco over the Rubicon primarily due to the Sasquatch's 35-inch tires. You can see, however, that the Rubicon articulates better and overall appears more at ease on the trail.

There you have it: Rubicon has been de-throned! For the time being, at least.

Here is the vid.
Sponsored