Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Nowhere did I violate those rules. Look for yourself.
Consider that an interpretation of these “Rules” could mean that the moderators may do whatever they choose to enforce a code or behavior.
The term “snowflake” may apply here. You appear to be someone who feels they have been victimized for no apparent reason and need to be heard so we all know how right you are.
You may need to go outside and scream or compulsively eat Cheetos or something to release the pressure.
Come back when you feel better or….not.
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Consider that an interpretation of these “Rules” could mean that the moderators may do whatever they choose to enforce a code or behavior.
The term “snowflake” may apply here. You appear to be someone who feels they have been victimized for no apparent reason and need to be heard so we all know how right you are.
You may need to go outside and scream or compulsively eat Cheetos or something to release the pressure.
Come back when you feel better or….not.
Calling me a snowflake actually violates the rules, and your post will probably stand. I don't care, I'm not here to regulate what people can say.
I'm just surprised at the apparent apathy of the Jeep community.
People that like posts with American flag stickers and 'Don't tread on me' are just hollow posers.
By all means, carry on about the Bronco.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Over the past year a lot was said that the Bronco's 2.3 and 2.7 blow away the Wranglers offerings. With real owner experience actually out now we've learned the 2.7 on the Bronco is equivalent to the Wranglers 2.0. The standard Wrangler turbo equals their upgraded turbo while Jeep still offers a N/A V6, electric, diesel and obviously a V8 to boot. The engine comparison as of today is a no contest in Jeeps favor.
I have driven a (stock tire/gearing)2.0 JL rubicon, and also a 2.7 Bronco Sasquatch 2 door. The Bronco is quite a bit faster as far as “butt dyno” is concerned. The 8 second 0-60 video is BS, the guy who put that out owns a tune shop and is not reliable. Car and driver I think estimated right around 6 second 0-60 and I agree.
Bronco Sport, which IMHO is a much better looking vehicle.
I cannot understand this in any way but I gotta give you props for having one of the hottest takes out there.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I have driven a (stock tire/gearing)2.0 JL rubicon, and also a 2.7 Bronco Sasquatch 2 door. The Bronco is quite a bit faster as far as “butt dyno” is concerned. The 8 second 0-60 video is BS, the guy who put that out owns a tune shop and is not reliable. Car and driver I think estimated right around 6 second 0-60 and I agree.
You’ve shown to be completely biased so no offense meant but I don’t trust your judgement. Multiple users on your forum said the 2.7 was not what it was hyped up to be and agreed with the 0-60 time too. Forum members there confirmed it was a professional driver for the 8 second review too so it’s not BS. I have not seen the C&D review or video(link?) but given the extra weight of the Bronco over the JL the power being similar to the 2.0 makes sense. I’m sure when more Broncos are around either of us will be substantiated.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All comparisons to Bronco at this point are purely academic until they can be seen on people’s driveways and on public roads.

I am past watching videos created in a vacuum. Anyone can claim whatever they want if it cannot be confirmed or disproved.

It is pointless to push a product you can’t even get. Ford needs to turn off the tube, and focus on fixing the manufacturing mess.

Sponsored

ifonline

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Small Business Owner
People that like posts with American flag stickers and 'Don't tread on me' are just hollow posers.
That's some douchebaggery right there. Do you always use such a wide brush stroke when slinging insults? Hopefully my service to this country and my local communities affords me the option to like posts with the American flag.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
I have been all over the place about what vehicle to get next. Was about 5 mins from a deal on a Nacho 4xe Rubicon when it got bought out from under me. Then on an impulse, I bought someone’s abandoned order Bronco. Mine is a 4-door Badlands with the 2.3 and manual transmission. It has a soft top and not much in the way of options. I find it to be very comparable to our JLU Willys. I am not really a brand loyalty kind of guy. I’ve had several Jeeps and plenty of Fords. I can answer any comparison questions objectively.
Bottom line, they are both great vehicles. They are very comparable in my opinion. There are things I like better about each. The Bronco’s advantage on the highway is pretty noticeable, but I think the Jeep just feels better on the trail. My experience is pretty limited in the Bronco though. I’m still breaking in the engine, but I think the 2.0 and lower weight of the Jeep compares favorably. The Bronco’s Getrag manual transmission feels/shifts better in my opinion and is more enjoyable than the manual JLs I’ve driven. The Jeep destroyed the Bronco in fuel economy on a 5 hour highway trip. Jeep 2.0 - 26.8mpg. Bronco 2.3 - 19.4mpg.
I prefer the Jeep’s interior and the infotainment/controls, but I’d give the Bronco the nod on seat comfort. If anyone wants to know anything, ask away. Bronco sticker price was about $2500 more, but it has lockers and disco sway.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 20229110-6CF2-45ED-A09B-81264CC426C0

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have been all over the place about what vehicle to get next. Was about 5 mins from a deal on a Nacho 4xe Rubicon when it got bought out from under me. Then on an impulse, I bought someone’s abandoned order Bronco. Mine is a 4-door Badlands with the 2.3 and manual transmission. It has a soft top and not much in the way of options. I find it to be very comparable to our JLU Willys. I am not really a brand loyalty kind of guy. I’ve had several Jeeps and plenty of Fords. I can answer any comparison questions objectively.
Bottom line, they are both great vehicles. They are very comparable in my opinion. There are things I like better about each. The Bronco’s advantage on the highway is pretty noticeable, but I think the Jeep just feels better on the trail. My experience is pretty limited in the Bronco though. I’m still breaking in the engine, but I think the 2.0 and lower weight of the Jeep compares favorably. The Bronco’s Getrag manual transmission feels/shifts better in my opinion and is more enjoyable than the manual JLs I’ve driven. The Jeep destroyed the Bronco in fuel economy on a 5 hour highway trip. Jeep 2.0 - 26.8mpg. Bronco 2.3 - 19.4mpg.
I prefer the Jeep’s interior and the infotainment/controls, but I’d give the Bronco the nod on seat comfort. If anyone wants to know anything, ask away. Bronco sticker price was about $2500 more, but it has lockers and disco sway.

20229110-6CF2-45ED-A09B-81264CC426C0.png
Finally, a live owner!

Thank you for sharing your balanced impressions. Most of what you say is in line with what I’ve read.

I admit, though, I am shocked at the 19.4 MPG with the 2.3L. That’s slightly worse than what I get with my Sahara with the V6, Selec-Trac, Mopar lift and 35-inch tires.

Sounds like you went from the opportunity to get 29 MPG on a 4Xe, to the reality of 19 MPG on a Bronco 2.3.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Sounds like you went from the opportunity to get 29 MPG on a 4Xe, to the reality of 19 MPG on a Bronco 2.3.
Indeed. I really wanted a manual transmission though and the one in the Bronco is pretty sweet. I expect the mileage will improve a little when the engine is broken in. I don’t really care that much about the mileage, but did find it interesting.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Indeed. I really wanted a manual transmission though and the one in the Bronco is pretty sweet. I expect the mileage will improve a little when the engine is broken in. I don’t really care that much about the mileage, but did find it interesting.
After engine break in it should improve. Can't wait for more ride reports.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

The Bronco at the Chicago Auto Show.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

The Bronco at the Chicago Auto Show.
Wow, the (not surprising) lack of articulation had that Bronco with two opposing tires in the air on an obstacle a stock JL Sport could've done easily. No wonder the Bronco is laden with electronic gadgets, gizmos, etc. It was obvious the passenger had little if any off road experience since he was amazed at it's capabilities. I bet a Subaru could've made it through that course.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Wow, the (not surprising) lack of articulation had that Bronco with two opposing tires in the air on an obstacle a stock JL Sport could've done easily. No wonder the Bronco is laden with electronic gadgets, gizmos, etc. It was obvious the passenger had little if any off road experience since he was amazed at it's capabilities. I bet a Subaru could've made it through that course.
There was also 30" of water. I doubt a Subaru would have gotten through but a Wrangler would have no issues what so ever. I thought the same about the Bronco's lack of articulation. I watched it rock like a see-saw at the show. I think 3 wheels were off the ground briefly in some instances.

The Bronco's camera technology was really cool. Nice to have.
Sponsored

Last edited: