Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
What does this mean?
It means that the once “ballzy” mentality of Ford Motor Company is no longer in the hands of the Ford family, it is now in the hands of political movements. Get ready for pronoun changes for vehicle model names.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
More likely, Ford made this announcement to divert attention from the latest delays in Bronco production.

The ploy appears to have worked like a charm...

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Hyperbole is fun, especially when you toss in some slippery slope. If you're feeling spunky, fish for a couple charged words, too. That'll rile 'em up.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
It means that the once “ballzy” mentality of Ford Motor Company is no longer in the hands of the Ford family, it is now in the hands of political movements. Get ready for pronoun changes for vehicle model names.
Nah, it means they dont give a crap about their customers, investors and employees, just want to be stylish as Clint would say ;)

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Over the past year a lot was said that the Bronco's 2.3 and 2.7 blow away the Wranglers offerings. With real owner experience actually out now we've learned the 2.7 on the Bronco is equivalent to the Wranglers 2.0. The standard Wrangler turbo equals their upgraded turbo while Jeep still offers a N/A V6, electric, diesel and obviously a V8 to boot. The engine comparison as of today is a no contest in Jeeps favor.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
got to look at a Bronco at a closed dealer on sunday so didnt have a sales droid come out. took a quick walk around.
It was a soft top and all I an say is the fit and finish sucks, the rear side panels on the soft top did not fit well and were wavy, terrible! The interior didnt wow me, still looks like they have retread designers from the old Taurus days with the play school theme for their interiors.

My wife didnt like it and said it looks ugly, but she is biased ownine 3 jeeps :)

I think they will probably will sell well to Ford folks but somehow, I really doubt they will capture many crossover customers who like Wranglers.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I’m curious to see some professional publications post some 0-60 and 1/4 miles times for the Bronco 2.3/2.7. Most people have mentioned the torque is there, but not much else. The 2.7 is a strong motor so I’m surprised people are saying it’s not faster. It has to be the Ford Explorer transmission holding it back?

Based on the early YT 0-60 numbers the 2.0 and 3.6 would beat both of ford’s offering 0-60 and probably in the 1/4 mile.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I had a bronco reservation (thought maybe my daughter would like one) but cancelled. I am not a fan of the engine choices. I like my simple 3.6 which has a good reputation for reliability paired with a great 8 speed auto. Both engine and trans have been well regarded in many platforms.

When I have driven ford's 10 speed, it felt like it was always shifting. 10 speeds is a lot of gears to choose from and it felt like it was in a hurry to get through them all before I hit 50mph. Too much shifting for me. Now the bronco guys are learning that ford is sticking them with a transmission that, to me, seems only marginally able to withstand the torque of their engines. That would bother me tremendously. Ford's engine choices already seem too complex for my preference, but I would also not want a transmission that isn't durable enough to live behind my motor. Especially when I see plenty of the ford guys talking about boosting their engine output with tunes etc. I feel bad for the bronco guys who are just trying to buy a truck they find cool. Ford just keeps finding new ways to f#ck with them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-update-confirmed-in-ford-parts-system.16429/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
From what I've read, and seen in videos, overheating and marginal engineering on components will take a reliability hit. Systemic, and repeated design and manufacturing flaws ( watch that Warranty Wording between " design " and " manufacturing " defects being covered) will be a Natural Selection for Broncos extinction, just like it was the first and second time around.
I'm still finding 50s- 60s Jeeps everywhere, running and living useful lives. Broncos, not so much.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
From what I've read, and seen in videos, overheating and marginal engineering on components will take a reliability hit. Systemic, and repeated design and manufacturing flaws ( watch that Warranty Wording between " design " and " manufacturing " defects being covered) will be a Natural Selection for Broncos extinction, just like it was the first and second time around.
I'm still finding 50s- 60s Jeeps everywhere, running and living useful lives. Broncos, not so much.
(Cough) Wrangler manual transmission clutch pressure plates (Cough.)

Also, on most any hardtop by any other manufacturer, the rear window defroster cable manages to stay attached…

Not meant to be a pure attack on Jeep, but slamming presumed Bronco reliability is rather a pot/kettle situation.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Lets get back on topic...Bronco.
Missing double shear where there should very well be double sheared points on the front IFS. The steering tie rods are smaller than the ones on my SXS's.

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
Lets get back on topic...Bronco.
Missing double shear where there should very well be double sheared points on the front IFS. The steering tie rods are smaller than the ones on my SXS's.
As someone with GM experience on too small tie rods, I thought the same thing. I thought maybe ford got ahold of some of that "magic Marvel bullshit metal" they make costumes and shields out of to strengthen them 😄.
Sponsored