Just got home from Bronco event...

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I'm a huge fan of the Bronco and think it forces more from Jeep. I was a reservation holder from July but decided against the Bronco after all the delays and non-sense Ford was doing. I think ultimately having the Bronco is great, competition is never bad and it forces change which benefits the consumer. Can't wait to see what Ford and Jeep both do in the future, that said. I have to say I'd be really upset had I waited for delivery and then, well this....

I wonder if he pressed down on all his fuses 😄.
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Sadly most on the trails can't even accomplish what the stock Bronco will be capable of much less a stock Jeep so this isn't much of a threat. The Bronco will have zero problem following 95% of the people driving Jeeps out there.
I understand what you’re saying, but I’d really like to see what a base Bronco can do. Ford has experience with trucks and off road stuff so, I’m sure it would do ok, I will just be glad to actually see it.

What impressed me about Jeep, is seeing a sport off road. Kudos to TFL off road, showing a sport wrangler climbing the same obstacles as a rubicon. It took a little more work but still did it.

All Fords videos have been of badlands, wild track or Sasquatch package Bronco’s.

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Not to start a thread flame, but let’s not forget the elephant in the room with the Bronco….a “Made In China” manual transmission??? Yeah, no thanks!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Not to start a thread flame, but let’s not forget the elephant in the room with the Bronco….a “Made In China” manual transmission??? Yeah, no thanks!
It depends; as an example, Mustangs have had transmission issues and though the transmissions are technically made in China they were designed by the German firm Getrag and built in a brand new plant Getrag specifically built in China to build transmissions, so it's not as simple a distinction as a "Chinese transmission."

Not in defense of Ford at all, but the last people who should cast aspersions on anyone else's manual transmission are current Jeep owners with the exploding clutch pressure plate disc and the auto-torque-reduction software.

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I'm a huge fan of the Bronco and think it forces more from Jeep. I was a reservation holder from July but decided against the Bronco after all the delays and non-sense Ford was doing. I think ultimately having the Bronco is great, competition is never bad and it forces change which benefits the consumer. Can't wait to see what Ford and Jeep both do in the future, that said. I have to say I'd be really upset had I waited for delivery and then, well this....

Geez!

Very obviously messed up headliner.

GOAT modes/4WD screwed up after light off roading.

Must have been a Monday build. 😒

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
How quickly we forget the missing or bad welds from the first run of JLs lol

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
How quickly we forget the missing or bad welds from the first run of JLs lol
Your right, people who live in glass houses should throw stones. lol.

Bad welds, loose suspension parts, steering issues, wavy doors, loose rear defrosted tabs, ESS issues, rear camera issues, Uconnect issues, drive train noise, fragile windshield. White plastic body parts turning yellow. Some of these issues still have not been fixed to this day.

Last edited:

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
It depends; as an example, Mustangs have had transmission issues and though the transmissions are technically made in China they were designed by the German firm Getrag and built in a brand new plant Getrag specifically built in China to build transmissions, so it's not as simple a distinction as a "Chinese transmission."

Not in defense of Ford at all, but the last people who should cast aspersions on anyone else's manual transmission are current Jeep owners with the exploding clutch pressure plate disc and the auto-torque-reduction software.
True, but a exploding clutch is a very different animal from an exploding transmission. Not defending Jeep’s reliability, but a major component like a transmission especially one made in China (Bronco) vs a transmission made in Japan (Jeep) is sort of a big deal. My MKIV Supra has a Getrag made in Germany, while my buddies Mustang has a Getrag made in China…he has had his transmission replaced twice under warranty at stock power levels. My Supra Getrag has been holding strong with a “bit” of boost. Big difference in quality.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
None of that matters. I had a made in Germany transmission in a previous S4 that had to be replaced three times because of various failures. Origin has very little to do as an indicator of reliability.

True, but a exploding clutch is a very different animal from an exploding transmission. Not defending Jeep’s reliability, but a major component like a transmission especially one made in China (Bronco) vs a transmission made in Japan (Jeep) is sort of a big deal. My MKIV Supra has a Getrag made in Germany, while my buddies Mustang has a Getrag made in China…he has had his transmission replaced twice under warranty at stock power levels. My Supra Getrag has been holding strong with a “bit” of boost. Big difference in quality.

Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
None of that matters. I had a made in Germany transmission in a previous S4 that had to be replaced three times because of various failures. Origin has very little to do as an indicator of reliability.
Country of origin has alot to do with manufacturing. The raw materials and casting/forging processes vary drastically from country to country. This is because different countries have different ISO standards. Now, don’t get me wrong, engineering plays a big part in all of this, but if you look at defects across the board, it almost always is related to quality of materials and manufacturing. I’m not saying Chinese people are the factor, im saying manufacturing standards in China is on the lower spectrum of the totem pole. They focus heavily on quantity more than quality to provide their customers with the highest ROI. Unfortunately, quality control is the one area Chinese manufacturing tends to trim the fat from. There will be anomalies across the board, but statistically speaking….Chinese-made products are inferior in general.

Reactions: VNT

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX