Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
It’s just NOT A JEEP now is it?
Retro garbage!

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 82CBA218-3EE3-4929-BD3E-E643AC5D291E
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yea, same. I wish the Sport was offered with no Uconnect, start/stop (get rid of the aux battery in the process), and push-to-start. It wouldn't be a popular setup, but at least an option that you could order from the factory.

I think those days are over now, though. There are too many safety and technology items that are required on cars and that many consumers demand. People seem to want more screens and bigger screens, so infotainment stuff isn't going away. Safety tech is definitely here to stay, and autonomous stuff is only going to get bigger.

I'd like to maybe go back to an older vehicle, but then many times you're gonna make painful sacrifices in basic stuff like seat comfort and general crash protection.
The days of a very simple Wrangler like the TJ are long gone. Simplicity does mean more reliable though. My TJ was simple but was less reliable than my JK or JL. The TJ was cheap and easy to fix though.

Uconnect 4 has a LOT of problems. Not sure if it's hardware or software or both? Same with earlier ESS systems. Your right cars will only be much more hi tech as we move forward. Not sure if it's true but supposedly EVs are a lot more reliable. Knock on wood..

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Ok, Ok, Who called it over a year ago...... MMMhhhmmmm.. I had the opportunity to check out the Bronco as well. I must say the original post was well written. But I would honestly buy a Subaru Forester before I would buy a Bronco. And I dislike Subaru immensely. The Bronco looks cheap, feels cheap and I would put any Jeep against it anytime. And when you look at the sticker your heart stops for a Moment. The only words that came to my lips before my wife had to lead me off the dealer lot was "For That POS?"

Goobstew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You can keep your fiat's, I'm getting something jeep won't be able to compete with for years......

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
One other thing. The frameless windows kept getting caught when I would open the door. I had to open the handle then pull the door slowly and allow the window drop a little.
Which is something anyone who's owned a vehicle with frameless windows learns in about a day; it's really no big deal.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The days of a very simple Wrangler like the TJ are long gone. Simplicity does mean more reliable though. My TJ was simple but was less reliable than my JK or JL.
All I know is my TJ was the single most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. 😥

Anyone considering a Bronco should really grab the dash above the glove compartment and move it up and down and see if that's what they want to listen to for the next several years. 🤮

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Which is something anyone who's owned a vehicle with frameless windows learns in about a day; it's really no big deal.
That wasn’t my experience with my 2012 Mustang and my wife’s 2012 Camaro, both frameless. I never had to change my behavior at all with those cars and never had any issues with the windows whatsoever. I could open the door as quickly as I wanted.

GoingInJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
That wasn’t my experience with my 2012 Mustang and my wife’s 2012 Camaro, both frameless. I never had to change my behavior at all with those cars and never had any issues with the windows whatsoever. I could open the door as quickly as I wanted.
As I’m sure you did the Rubicon and Moab with both?! Just saying...

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Just luck then.

I'm on my fifth frameless window car and I still know to pull the handle, wait a half second for the window to drop then open the door.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
same here with my 2007 Sky.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
As I’m sure you did the Rubicon and Moab with both?! Just saying...
That wasn’t the question though; COBill was saying this is normal for cars with frameless windows, not specifically a Bronco thing, as seen below:

Just luck then.

I'm on my fifth frameless window car and I still know to pull the handle, wait a half second for the window to drop then open the door.
Oh well that’s interesting, I only have significant experience with the Mustang and Camaro and didn’t realize that it’s normal practice to have to do what you said.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
We look forward to seeing you on the trails...Follow at your own risk.
Sadly most on the trails can't even accomplish what the stock Bronco will be capable of much less a stock Jeep so this isn't much of a threat. The Bronco will have zero problem following 95% of the people driving Jeeps out there.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
All I know is my TJ was the single most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. 😥

Anyone considering a Bronco should really grab the dash above the glove compartment and move it up and down and see if that's what they want to listen to for the next several years. 🤮
Same here. My '97 TJ was by far the most unreliable vehicle I have owned. Owned it for 240K miles. Parts failed all through my ownership not just as mileage went up. I have a 3" thick folder with receipts. I replaced just about every part possible. No joke, you name it and and it is probably 90% certainty I replaced it. It was still a lot of fun though. It did not scare me away from Wranglers. LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited: