Just got home from Bronco event...

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat, Alfa, Vauxhaul, Opel... it is like the who's who of unreliable vehicles. The Fiat I was stuck with on our Italy vacation was abysmal, I had purposely reserved a Golf but none available when we showed up. Lesson learned with that rental company...
I spent time in Moldova a couple of years ago...anything FIAT does not hold up to the atrocious roads. Locals preferred German makes...because they have been proven to be better engineered and built. I am hopeful but not optimistic about the future of the Jeep brand...although I have been mostly pleased with my JL. Electrification is coming and Rivian and Hummer are intriguing though very expensive at this point.... How will Stellantis respond??
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I spent time in Moldova a couple of years ago...anything FIAT does not hold up to the atrocious roads. Locals preferred German makes...because they have been proven to be better engineered and built. I am hopeful but not optimistic about the future of the Jeep brand...although I have been mostly pleased with my JL. Electrification is coming and Rivian and Hummer are intriguing though very expensive at this point.... How will Stellantis respond??
Seems electrification is here with the Ford Lightning, and it is pretty impressive if that is your thing.

I am not so sure electrification is coming anytime soon. The grid can't take it. California just recently asked people not to charge electric cars due to grid issues. How do we handle tens or hundreds of thousands more? It is a problem without a proposed solution. I think it is a 20-30 project to update the grid and the project hasn't begun.

How will Stellantis respond? Who knows? The claim is more resources, which is true. How they untilize them is another question we don't really know the answer to.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
That's what I have been thinking ever since the Bronco was announced. The Jeep and Bronco are 2 totally different looking vehicles. If you love Jeeps, then you would never consider a Bronco.

But after watching several videos on the Bronco, I am impressed and I am seriously considering a Bronco as my next vehicle. Never thought I would say that.

Jeep is scrambling to react to the Bronco. In reaction to the Bronco, Jeep just announced the Xtreme Recon Package (34.4" (aka 35's) tires and 4.56 gears), which for Jeep buyers, will only be available on the Rubicon and 392. (News flash for 392 people, this confirms that the 392 will be available for 2022). The Bronco offers 34.4" (35") tires (Sasquatch package) on all trims. And rear lockers on all trims.

Jeep is still more "modifiable". Putting 37's on a Bronco won't be as easy as putting 37's on a Jeep, not to mention 40's are larger.

But the Bronco is kicking Jeep's butt as far as configurations go.

Competition is good!

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Competition is good. It’ll take Ford a couple of years to work out the kinks, in the mean time, Jeep will be reevaluating what it means to have competition. Who knows, maybe Camp Jeep will come back too :)

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
What Ford did right with the Bronco are the engines. The engine options are light years better than any offering Jeep is offering for the wrangler(even the 392), with that said it seems like the build quality in the interior is about the same as wrangler interiors of which both have a lot to be desired. In the end the Jeep seems to still reign as the off road king which with solid axles etc, but once Ford has that dialed in..well bronco owners will probably have their own wave as well. Jeep needs to ramp up their engine designs and give all the trims more power that should keep it on level. Either way I’m happy with my rubicon and don’t plan on getting a bronco but a lot of people with sports or mall cruisers may be swayed as basic trims have more bells and whistles and well everyone loves the newest thing.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What Ford did right with the Bronco are the engines. The engine options are light years better than any offering Jeep is offering for the wrangler(even the 392), with that said it seems like the build quality in the interior is about the same as wrangler interiors of which both have a lot to be desired. In the end the Jeep seems to still reign as the off road king which with solid axles etc, but once Ford has that dialed in..well bronco owners will probably have their own wave as well. Jeep needs to ramp up their engine designs and give all the trims more power that should keep it on level. Either way I’m happy with my rubicon and don’t plan on getting a bronco but a lot of people with sports or mall cruisers may be swayed as basic trims have more bells and whistles and well everyone loves the newest thing.
I disagree. When the wrangler was 3.6/2.0 it was probably true. But with the diesel, 4xe, and 392 i think the wrangler has the better options.

i think the Bronco engines are a better value but not better.

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I disagree. When the wrangler was 3.6/2.0 it was probably true. But with the diesel, 4xe, and 392 i think the wrangler has the better options.

i think the Bronco engines are a better value but not better.
I can see that, the problem is the massive up charge for those engines. The Broncos will come with better engines standard and once this first run comes out wouldn’t be surprised to see the 3.5 twin turbo/ diesel/ and electric all following suit. I think the better value of the engines trumps the niche wildly expensive other options for the Jeep. Either way like I said I’m sticking with my slow a$$ six speed rubicon as I bought my Jeep to off road not to mall creep or be at Jeep jamborees, which unfortunately is becoming a smaller and smaller part of the jeep purchases.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

IMO the best case scenario is that the Bronco sells gangbusters, prompting GM to enter the fray with basically a smaller version of their new Tahoe, but with actual off-road chops.

Then the three of them spend the next ~5 years competing with each other to make the best off-road capable SUV at the best price.

Ford brings the in-car tech and intelligence and the saddle leather from the King Ranch Edition, Chevy brings actually nice paint options and the comfort/toughness of the Silverado lineup, and Jeep brings the off-road knowhow.

All that for Rubicon-esque package $40K starting and I'm in like sin.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Not a one or he other proposition to me. Wifey has a 4xe High Altitude on the way, and I've got a Bronco on order for myself.

I was a night one reservation, but decided to wait until MY22 for the painted top, which is now MY23 🙄, so I'll just see what new trims/models are offered for MY22 before I settle on anything. I may in fact just wait until MY23 and get what I was originally after.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Jeep Rubicon on 37s and the only thing that prevented me from having a Bronco is Ford’s inability to get them built.
Sponsored