Just got home from Bronco event...

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I have to admit the Gray and Blue 2-doors look pretty good.
The one good thing about the Bronco and Ford: they are offering a nice assortment of cool colors. Not this retarded spoon feeding, limited run color crap that Jeep does.
Sponsored

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Was on the Bronco Nation forum and they are not happy. Ford dropped another 'delay' email yesterday. 2 door builds are suspended - as they are hard top only - 4 door builds will be exclusively soft top and color matched hard top orders are pushed back to the 2023 (!) Model year.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 5FA8AA09-3584-4EAB-AAD3-261481BAD085

Some are posting their build dates pushed back two/three months. Because of the the hard top issues, dealer production is leapfrogging a lot of the customer orders.

I feel for these guys and would be pulling my hair out at this point....

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I can’t get my head around something the TFL guys said.

150,000 orders that will take most of 2021 and 2022 to fill with limited additional stock during that time.

Jeep will sell 300,000 wranglers during that timeframe. And this is the big initial push.I doubt they will ever get near 200,000 Broncos per year.
How many of those 300,000 hypothetical Wrangler sales are going to be lost to Ford and the Bronco though? The market for this kind of vehicle is not infinite...

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
The inevitable delays were why I didn't push for my wife to choose a Bronco. You could see this train coming, huge build up of orders, large numbers of critical parts not available and guaranteed price gouging for the units that are available.

Hard to fathom a 2 year delay to get hardtops... Seriously 2023? How does that even happen? If they ever get their act together we will be looking hard at 2 door. Meanwhile we will enjoy having a capable Jeep that only took six weeks order to delivery because amazingly FCA/Stellantis has their game together much better than Ford.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The inevitable delays were why I didn't push for my wife to choose a Bronco. You could see this train coming, huge build up of orders, large numbers of critical parts not available and guaranteed price gouging for the units that are available.

Hard to fathom a 2 year delay to get hardtops... Seriously 2023? How does that even happen? If they ever get their act together we will be looking hard at 2 door. Meanwhile we will enjoy having a capable Jeep that only took six weeks order to delivery because amazingly FCA/Stellantis has their game together much better than Ford.
Just looking at some the faq's from ford. I miss-read part of it. 2 doors will still be produced but only with the grey hard top - same with 4 door hard tops. But color matched are pushed way back.

Production has changed from 80/20 hard top/soft top to 60/40. Most of those soft tops will be dealer stock. So walk in's could get a soft top before early orders get their hard top version delivered...

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Just looking at some the faq's from ford. I miss-read part of it. 2 doors will still be produced but only with the grey hard top - same with 4 door hard tops. But color matched are pushed way back.

Production has changed from 80/20 hard top/soft top to 60/40. Most of those soft tops will be dealer stock. So walk in's could get a soft top before early orders get their hard top version delivered...
I still can not imagine listing a 2 year wait for a modern vehicle part... I would also really like to see the manual trans offered with the V6. I will be just sitting back and waiting to see how it plays out. My wife LOVES her new Jeep so no rush.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
That’s been my criticism of Ford products of the past 15 years.

Looks like Ford tried harder with Bronco but, as the saying goes, old habits die hard.
I believe it depends on the product.
Something like Explorer and Ege SUVs - you get nice luxurious interior (atleast on limited / sport models). While Bronco looks like 2001 ford Escape on the inside..
Because plastick is more off road ?
Similar to Toyota.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
The intent of the “cheap looking” plastic interior may be for ease of cleaning. I have never heard anything official from Ford to this point though. Might be function over fashion. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I find it ironically apt that they offer a 'sasquatch' package...

Lot's of pictures and rumors about it..., but there is still no concrete evidence of it's actual existence in the wild....
Sasquatch Broncos have been delivered to customers.

ronstar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 2021 2dr JL 80th Ann
I have a 2 dr Bronco on order. Reservation in July 2020, order March 2021. Lots of delays. Couldn't wait any longer. Bought a Jeep a month ago. Still have the Bronco on order. But now I really don't care when (or if) the Bronco comes in.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The intent of the “cheap looking” plastic interior may be for ease of cleaning. I have never heard anything official from Ford to this point though. Might be function over fashion. Just my thoughts.
Cheap-looking interiors are usually the result of cost-cutting.

There’s a way to make plastics look attractive when there’s the will —and the funds.

My Toyota Tacoma was a good example of this: everything you saw and touched looked and felt durable, although you knew it was plastic. My issue with that interior is that it appeared to have been designed by five different people. Switches and buttons were scattered throughout the dashboard, and not two matched in shape.

I believe it depends on the product.
Something like Explorer and Ege SUVs - you get nice luxurious interior (atleast on limited / sport models). While Bronco looks like 2001 ford Escape on the inside..
Because plastick is more off road ?
Similar to Toyota.
I’ve seen reviewers complain about Explorer’s misaligned dashboard panels, cheap surfaces and switches.

Where Ford appears to put a lot of emphasis is on the seats. Explorer and F-Series seats get a lot of praise, especially in the Limited and Platinum editions. Bronco seats appears to be no exception. At least in the front.

IMO, the issue with cutting costs everywhere inside and then bolting high-end seats on the top versions, is that the high-end pieces make the cheap parts more evident. It ends up being a bit like putting lipstick on a pig.

Last edited:

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Despite all the 'Wrangler killer' crap from the fan boys, I really can't even make fun of this any more. I would be distraught if I'd ordered one a year ago and am now being told it could be another year or two before I get it.

...and Ford promised all orders would be produced before any dealer stock was sent out...that's out the window now as well.

I know how much I anticipated my factory order while production was shut down - and how disappointed I would have been over any longer delay.

As a car guy I just feel for those customers....

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Cheap-looking interiors are usually the result of cost-cutting.

There’s a way to make plastics look attractive when there’s the will —and the funds.

My Toyota Tacoma was a good example of this: everything you saw and touched looked and felt durable, although you knew it was plastic. My issue with that interior is that it appeared to have been design by five different people. Not two switches matched in shape.

I’ve seen reviewers complain about Explorer’s misaligned dashboard panels, cheap surfaces and switches.

Where Ford appears to put a lot of emphasis is on the seats. Explorer and F-Series seats get a lot of praise, especially in the Limited and Platinum editions. Bronco seats appears to be no exception. At least in the front.

IMO, the issue with cutting costs everywhere inside and then bolting high-end seats on the top versions, is that it ends up being a bit like putting lipstick on a pig.
Matter of perspective I guess. My Power Wagon was built like absolute crap, mis-aligned doors, paint issues, electronic issues blown shocks... My F250 on the other hand is vastly better built and much better to drive. It may have plastic door panels that do not thrill me but the seats are comfortable for 10-12 hr stints of snow plowing and have never made me sore on a long drive.

The new Wrangler might have a better looking interior but the seats suck. After a half day trip to town and back, my bum is sore. After a day in the saddle on the trails my butt hurts and my legs are cramped.

I will take superior seats and "lipstick on a pig" critiques any day over a largely uncomfortable but "more attractive" interior. Now if the Wrangler interior and seats suit you, that is a win. For me, I am glad it isn't my daily. I am no longer considering a JT Mojave after a few days in the Wrangler, I will probably buy another Ford...
Sponsored