Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
If they are forcing consumers who HAVE to buy into more options at least they are getting something for their money. I think most know what's going on now and understand the deal.
Somehow I don't think most customers would see it that way.

"I need an F-150 for work."

"Great, we have this fully loaded Limited model, just $81,020."
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Somehow I don't think most customers would see it that way.

"I need an F-150 for work."

"Great, we have this fully loaded Limited model, just $81,020."
Then most donā€™t have to buy and the ones who look at it they way have a vehicle. No worries

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Oh, sorry but there is a 10K demand charge on the Bronco you ordered 2 years ago, in the boiler plate we "Ford dealer" reserve the right to adjust for market conditions!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Oh, sorry but there is a 10K demand charge on the Bronco you ordered 2 years ago, in the boiler plate we "Ford dealer" reserve the right to adjust for market conditions!
Luckily there are protections in place to prevent this. Weā€™ll see how things go once they start arriving...

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Agree, as i have been in US manufacturing industry for over a decade, but it's not just the US though. This "JIT" inventory is modeled after Toyota/Japan and i imagine other countries use it as well since inventory = cash sitting on shelves.
Yup, saves them money in efficiencies, plus in the event of an economic downturn companyies arent sitting on unused inventories that they have paid for. So downturns are less dramatic than previous.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Took long enough. Customer Broncos start rolling off the assembly line starting today!
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36720084/2021-ford-bronco-production/
I am looking forward to seeing and driving a new Bronco. Hopefully Ford has tighten up QC.

I was not really in the market but I spontaneously decided to sell my "19 JLR. The dealer and Jeep had no clue on how to fix my Uconnect radio issues. The final incentive for me was the unbelievable offers I got for my JLR. I made money driving my '19 JLR. Fast forward to now, I have a empty garage space for a new toy. I was just planning on ordering a new 2021 or 2022 JLR again but I would not be doing due diligence if I did not at least try a Bronco now that it is in production.

It's difficult for all first run models but the shortages and the pandemic probably has added to the probability of having QC issues? I have to wonder about production rhythm and QC during the pandemic and shortages? With all brands. All the starting and stopping, parts shortages, employees on and off, etc. Hopefully Ford used the delays and down time to fine tune early production and QC issues.

Last edited:

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Yup, saves them money in efficiencies, plus in the event of an economic downturn companyies arent sitting on unused inventories that they have paid for. So downturns are less dramatic than previous.
Except the inverse is currently happening. You have $40-60K trucks sitting in production lots 98% built, but that can't be shipped or sold because manufacturers are having trouble securing a handful of $2 chips and microcontrollers that enable backup camera systems and other cabin electronics. A lot of this shortage is admittedly outside of their control, but supply chain managers around the world will be rethinking Just In Time vs. Just In Case inventory management going forward.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Iā€™d never buy the first year model
Hell, the Bronco could be considered a second year model because it has been delayed and taken so long! LOL! Hopefully Ford used the delays to their advantage and did some fine tuning on QC and production.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I have not been keeping up with the production news of the new Bronco, but I am curious. I have seen a few Broncos scattered around the city within the past few months (IMO, they look boring/bland). Are these just "base models" that have already arrived at dealerships? What is the hold-up on production? The "chip" that every manufacturer has been blaming production on? They have been talking about the "new Bronco" for 2 years now it seems, and seeing though I live in "Ford Country" (Texas), I expected to see them flood the streets by now. Like I said, just curious.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I have not been keeping up with the production news of the new Bronco, but I am curious. I have seen a few Broncos scattered around the city within the past few months (IMO, they look boring/bland). Are these just "base models" that have already arrived at dealerships? What is the hold-up on production? The "chip" that every manufacturer has been blaming production on? They have been talking about the "new Bronco" for 2 years now it seems, and seeing though I live in "Ford Country" (Texas), I expected to see them flood the streets by now. Like I said, just curious.
The Bronco has been delayed by about a year total. The first delay was in 2016/2017 when they went back to the drawing board with the design. (This is the original)
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... C61F3455-D9D9-46FF-BEAC-887E5B55059A

It was delayed from a ā€œJob 1ā€ of July 2020 and customer production in August/September to December 7th 2020. Obviously covid hit and Job 1 was pushed to the beginning of last month. Overall it feels like itā€™s been delayed so long because the cat got out of the bag way early on, the very first rumors of the Bronco returning leaked in 2015 way before Ford would have liked. The official announcement of Bronco returning was in January of 2017.

The Broncos youā€™ve been seeing are the sport, which is basically Fordā€˜s version of a Cherokee. Sport is on the left that youā€™ve seen ā€œRealā€ bronco on the right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 8E8C74F4-D011-4DF8-B5D7-AB4121F2BD80

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
The Bronco has been delayed by about a year total. The first delay was in 2016/2017 when they went back to the drawing board with the design. (This is the original)
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 8E8C74F4-D011-4DF8-B5D7-AB4121F2BD80

It was delayed from a ā€œJob 1ā€ of July 2020 and customer production in August/September to December 7th 2020. Obviously covid hit and Job 1 was pushed to the beginning of last month. Overall it feels like itā€™s been delayed so long because the cat got out of the bag way early on, the very first rumors of the Bronco returning leaked in 2015 way before Ford would have liked. The official announcement of Bronco returning was in January of 2017.

The Broncos youā€™ve been seeing are the sport, which is basically Fordā€˜s version of a Cherokee. Sport is on the left that youā€™ve seen ā€œRealā€ bronco on the right.
Thanks for the clarification. I see the one on the right looks like a "true" off-road vehicle.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Auto News reports that Broncos started shipping today!

Now, this being Ford, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the trucks are now held up at the factory gate due to a shortage of watchmen... :LOL:

Reactions: VNT