Just got home from Bronco event...

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I think the concept vehicles were quite a bit different. I saw the "Line up" and I have to be honest. I am not impressed. I really expected more. Kinda disappointed Ha, Apologies sc00pie, I just had to get it out. No more
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Can't be worst than a JLU rear shock mounts...
Well actually, yeah, it can and it is. A steel bracket welded to the frame rail can take quite a decent amount of hits before failure. One mild glancing shot is all it'd take to sheer a mounting stud and nut.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Well actually, yeah, it can and it is. A steel bracket welded to the frame rail can take quite a decent amount of hits before failure. One mild glancing shot is all it'd take to sheer a mounting stud and nut.
True bolts sheer off easily.

The scarier part is the tie rod right above arm, reminds me of the H2. I remember those things sheering off or snapping all the time on the trail.

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can't be worst than a JLU rear shock mounts...
Huh?
The bolt and nut is vertical on the bronco and exposed. It is the first thing to make contact with anything underneath that bronco at that point. I don’t see how the JL is equal to this in any way.

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Huh?
The bolt and nut is vertical on the bronco and exposed. It is the first thing to make contact with anything underneath that bronco at that point. I don’t see how the JL is equal to this in any way.
I understand the shearing issue, however our shock bracket hangs out 2 in. lower than the axle. I’ve seen a few getting smashed…

Sponsored

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I understand the shearing issue, however our shock bracket hangs out 2 in. lower than the axle. I’ve seen a few getting smashed…
Ford is making a bold move, delaying all sales so that they can continue to promote that their design is superior without anyone having any idea lol I too have seen some JL shock mounts smashed and I can honestly say I have never seen a single part of a Bronco take a hit lol

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
wheeling and hitting the mount on the rock is not ideal. However, hitting that bolt and shearing it off or damaging it to the point it has to be grind off is much more of an issue.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Step up their game in what sense exactly?
  • Reliability.
  • Rear window defogger cables that stay attached.
  • Engineering so that where metals meet don't corrode and bubble paint.
  • Steering boxes that are correct the first time.
  • Rain gutters that don't pour rainwater directly into the footwell of the vehicle.
  • Overly complex start/stop systems with multiple batteries, one of which is in the wheel well.
  • Replacement parts systems that don't leave owners waiting interminably for parts while they continue to crank out new vehicles.
Add whatever your favorite is to the list.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
It is a design flaw that will be particularly vulnerable in the exact situation Ford is promoting the Bronco to be vastly superior to the Wrangler - high speed runs on plain old dirt roads.
IFS is excellent for that sort of thing, but, as a guy who grew up flying around on powerline roads in the desert, you bang all kinds of stuff off your suspension. Rocks come up awfully fast and one's (correct) instinct is to not hit it with your wheel. Ideally, you try to have it pass outside your track, but when you can't, you want to cross over it 'offset' to avoid slamming the differential. And that is when you'll hammer those bolts. And they will be toast.
Look, I want the Bronco to be awesome. My first car in H.S. was a used '79. I beat the living shit out of it and it just kept going. So I have a soft spot in my heart for the brand. And it seems like such a minor issue, but from experience driving fast on rough, rocky desert roads, that is a failure just waiting to happen.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Way easy fix, one of my first 'mods' was to install a pair of Rancho LSB skids (powder coated black) and they will take a hell of a beating...

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
  • Reliability.
  • Rain gutters that don't pour rainwater directly into the footwell of the vehicle.
  • Overly complex start/stop systems with multiple batteries, one of which is in the wheel well.
  • Replacement parts systems that don't leave owners waiting interminably for parts while they continue to crank out new vehicles.
Reliability -> These wranglers are still running strong. Mine has been very reliable other than an issue I had with a front seat, was broken at the dealer. What makes you think Ford's new vehicle will be better?....
Rear window defogger cables that stay attached -> Huh? how many vehicles were affected by this. My 2019 is fine.
Engineering so that where metals meet don't corrode and bubble paint -> My Jeep is fine? and so are thousand other jeeps on the road???
Steering boxes that are correct the first time -> Had a 2018 and now a 2019. Both have aluminum boxes and great steering.
Rain gutters that don't pour rainwater directly into the footwell of the vehicle -> Never gotten my footwell wet from the gutters.
Overly complex start/stop systems with multiple batteries, one of which is in the wheel well -> Agree. But what makes you think that Ford's vehicle will be different?
Replacement parts systems that don't leave owners waiting interminably for parts while they continue to crank out new vehicles. -> How about a Ford Bronco that has been promised for over a year but is still a mythical vehicle.

All vehicles have issues. even Toyotas. You will find those issues on forums. The vast majority of JLs are fine vehicles.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ford is making a bold move, delaying all sales so that they can continue to promote that their design is superior without anyone having any idea lol I too have seen some JL shock mounts smashed and I can honestly say I have never seen a single part of a Bronco take a hit lol
Yeah I havent even seen a Bronco lol.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
  • Reliability.
It seems like you’re really unhappy with everything Jeep related ... almost all your recent posts are about issues/problems ect. NEGATIVE) None of your complaints, from what I’ve seen are new, so right, wrong or indifferent wouldn’t these all be known issues you would have been aware of before you decided to get one? Wranglers are basically grown up Toys ... I look at them like expensive street legal SXSs

C3A4AFC1-950E-4756-9DE0-EF28033B440F.jpeg

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
My wife and I had a Bronco Outer Banks (4-door/2.7L) on order. We put our deposit down in August of last year.

I have owned two Wranglers in the past and loved them, but my wife liked the look of the Bronco better.

Fast Forward to this month...we had a chance to see two Broncos. One at the Orlando Auto Show and one at an event for people who had orders. After those two visits, my wife wanted to go look at Wranglers again.

We cancelled the Bronco. We have a JLURD now. :D

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... Screenshot 2021-05-18 143411

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... IMG_7248 (2)

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
My wife and I had a Bronco Outer Banks (4-door/2.7L) on order. We put our deposit down in August of last year.

I have owned two Wranglers in the past and loved them, but my wife liked the look of the Bronco better.

Fast Forward to this month...we had a chance to see two Broncos. One at the Orlando Auto Show and one at an event for people who had orders. After those two visits, my wife wanted to go look at Wranglers again.

We cancelled the Bronco. We have a JLURD now. :D

Screenshot 2021-05-18 143411.jpg

IMG_7248 (2).jpg
Hopefully it spends more time on the road trouble free than pissing you off spending time arguing with a dealership about how poorly built it is for the 50k you shelled out.
Sponsored