Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
No one mentioned the power seats?

I mean that’s huge deal especially if they got memory seats. I can’t stand that we have 50K+ vehicles and we don’t have automatic seats, yet Ford did it with a vehicle who’s roof comes off as well. That should be an immediate improvement by FCA. If Ford can do it no reason they can’t.
Yes, the power seats were very nice. After sitting in the Bronco seats my wife was ready to just wait for the Bronco. It really was that much better.
Sponsored

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Yes, the power seats were very nice. After sitting in the Bronco seats my wife was ready to just wait for the Bronco. It really was that much better.
Those look like the same two that were in Idaho. I agree with all of your observations on the Bronco and found them more comfortable for a taller guy. I am 6'4 and sometimes feel a little cramped. However, after realizing the long wait involved and not wanting their first real year, I am going to order a 2022 Wrangler to replace my 2019.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Those look like the same two that were in Idaho. I agree with all of your observations on the Bronco and found them more comfortable for a taller guy. I am 6'4 and sometimes feel a little cramped. However, after realizing the long wait involved and not wanting their first real year, I am going to order a 2022 Wrangler to replace my 2019.
I ordered a 2021 Eco-Diesel Rubicon today, i would like to wait for a 2022 wrangler but with the supply chain unknowns i am worried they may get delayed. Already hearing some 2021s are getting pushed out so I may have no choice anyway. But even a 2022 Wrangler will be a year sooner than a 2022 Bronco so that made the choice for me.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship

I mean that’s huge deal especially if they got memory seats. I can’t stand that we have 50K+ vehicles and we don’t have automatic seats, yet Ford did it with a vehicle who’s roof comes off as well. That should be an immediate improvement by FCA. If Ford can do it no reason they can’t.
Unfortunately, there is no memory seat. You also cannot get electric seats on a 2 door. I’m buying a Bronco within two years but I don’t need one now. That is a great luxury.
Waiting for lesser confusion. They will dial it in within two years.

Sponsored

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The cheap Ford interior is a trade mark for them now a days . That’s why I got rid of my f150. It was just cheap garbage that Ford charged a premium for

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque

I’m 6’1” and my wife is 5’3”. It’s much quicker to adjust the seat in the wrangler vs power seats in my truck.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
What’s keeping me out of Toyotas is Tacoma’s cramped cabin, anemic V6, atrocious automatic, and the same 4Runner that first appeared when W was President.
I traded my 15 Rubicon for an 18 Tacoma off road....I had nothing but problems with it, legendary Toyota reilibility left me stranded, dealer sucked and couldn’t fix it even with “corporate“ involvement...and I had to carry a battery pack to make sure I could get home when it crapped out. My friend with a 19 Tacoma had problems with his as well.

Elecronics were faulty, the JBL sound system was an embarrassment, and the power was weak on the V6. I’m now back in a 21 Rubicon and it’s far better than my JK. Tons of fans for the Tacoma regardless of my experiences and I suspect the new Bronco will as others said, have mass support from the Ford camp regardless of what the JL\Jeep community perceives as flaws or short comings. Will it impact Jeep sales..? I think it will around the edges. The bigger impact I think will be the effect it has on Jeep’s continuous improvement/ refresh of the existing line.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
However, after realizing the long wait involved and not wanting their first real year, I am going to order a 2022 Wrangler to replace my 2019.
Yeah I'd be real wary of buying a 1st year Bronco. This is mostly all new territory for Ford, and there will almost certainly be a ton of recalls and issues with the first year. Not that Ford is alone in this but 1st year of anything is usually a bug-fest and I suspect the Bronco will be too. Ford does not have a good track record for 1st year vehicles lately.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Yeah I'd be real wary of buying a 1st year Bronco. This is mostly all new territory for Ford, and there will almost certainly be a ton of recalls and issues with the first year. Not that Ford is alone in this but 1st year of anything is usually a bug-fest and I suspect the Bronco will be too. Ford does not have a good track record for 1st year vehicles lately.

With the 1st year Bronco being an all-new platform, their could be more issues than normal...But then again they have had several years to iron-out most of the major issues, not to mention all the recent delays...

I had one of the first of the first generation Ford Raptors (actually the second one to be delivered in Arizona) and it proved to be an excellent truck without issues during the time I owned it. My next Raptor (wanted the 6.2 V8) was a fit & finish nightmare...Third Raptor was awesome! My point is sometimes first generation products are as good as they get...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 JL hasn’t given me any issues; unlike some forum members having issues with their brand new 2021s.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
My 2018 JL hasn’t given me any issues; unlike some forum members having issues with their brand new 2021s.
I'm the same, but we need to acknowledge that's just anecdotal.

I think the Bronco is easily going to be a success. I don't want one personally, but pretty much any vehicle launch in this category is going to be a success. It's all the rage and it's what people want.

Our roads have slowly morphed from gray and beige-colored sedans to jellybean-colored lifestyle SUVs over the last 10 years.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2018, and 2019 JLUR that was repurchased. my 2020 was great. I think it is luck of the draw. my 2017 WK2 Trailhawk was also great, so I am 50/50 on FCA new vehicles. I have owned over 50 cars, about 1/3 were brand new. the only new vehicles I have owned that had major issues were my 2 JLURs and my 2006 Trailblazer SS. used I seem to have had pretty good luck overall.

I think its luck of the draw and most new cars are pretty comparable now. I think the days of Honda / Toyota being bulletproof and American brands being junk are over, and all are pretty equal. (except land rover, they seem to be constant headaches lol).

I did order my 4th JLUR, this time im giving the Eco-Diesel a shot. when the Bronco Warthog is out, or maybe the Ranger Raptor I may switch. I do not believe in brand loyalty, I try to choose the vehicle that meets my needs best. if Kia built a capable competitor to the bronco / wrangler I would not write it off must due to brand. I am actually excited at the competition, as I am sure everyone with a 392 is as well. I think we can say without a doubt the 392 would not be here if not for the need to one up the Bronco.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I know the Broncos are delayed on production right now. But seems F150s have all the silicone. I was killing time browsing at ace hardware and the lot next door (not a dealer) had damn near 100 brand new trucks in it. Going to assume dealer used it as storage but I don’t know.

E695C8B4-9A94-4008-AF02-C9AD472B816B.jpeg

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I know the Broncos are delayed on production right now. But seems F150s have all the silicone. I was killing time browsing at ace hardware and the lot next door (not a dealer) had damn near 100 brand new trucks in it. Going to assume dealer used it as storage but I don’t know.

E695C8B4-9A94-4008-AF02-C9AD472B816B.jpeg
Ford is building and storing trucks while they wait for the modules due to the semiconductor shortage, instead of idling the factory. One of the race tracks has like 10,000 trucks on site.
Sponsored