Just got home from Bronco event...

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
And remember. There is NO WAY the front suspension will flex like a solid axle. So it's getting stuffed at a point of less travel than a similarly equipped Wrangler. There simply is no way an IFS can compete with a solid front axle when it comes to keeping the rubber on the ground.
NO ONE said otherwise.
Calm your balls.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
The shock mount bolts sticking out under the (aluminum) LCA make me mental. I came across a post from October on the Bronco forums questioning the advisability of that design. The consensus was 'It's a prototype! No way will Ford let it go to production that way!" Saw a video from last week -maybe from this same event - where they were surprised to see this design unchanged.
Looks to be how it is going to be produced.
One good hit on those studs and - if you don't shear them off completely - you'll have a hell of a time getting those nuts off...
Screenshot_20201031-163437.png
Sadly I think production will be the same. Terrible.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
One of the 4WP engineers posted a bunch of info about lifting Bronco. Basically the non Sasquatch Broncos will take 33’s with no lift, and 35’s with just a spacer. On Sasquatch Broncos, 35’s are indeed the limit with the stock coilovers. 37’s require new coilovers, and 40’s won’t fit in the current wheel well but he said they are working on how to overcome that.

Basically as we expected, Bronco will be awesome stock but Jeep much more easily modified.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
NO ONE said otherwise.
Calm your balls.
Cool it, Francis. I was just making a point that with very little front articulation, they are still getting rubbing.

I saw a couple Broncos in Moab and they were very nice, but the struggle with front articulation is real. The rear didn't appear to articulate as much as stock Rubicons, either. They'll be pretty awesome at the mall, cruise-ins, poker runs, and ice cream socials, though.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Cool it, Francis. I was just making a point that with very little front articulation, they are still getting rubbing.

I saw a couple Broncos in Moab and they were very nice, but the struggle with front articulation is real. The rear didn't appear to articulate as much as stock Rubicons, either. They'll be pretty awesome at the mall, cruise-ins, poker runs, and ice cream socials, though.
Yeah, I get it Danny.

I saw the same thing on the front for certain. I am unsure on the rear as it relates to the Rubicon however.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I get it Danny.

I saw the same thing on the front for certain. I am unsure on the rear as it relates to the Rubicon however.
From what I saw in Moab, the rear flex is good, but it does stuff the tires way up in there. Not sure if it rubbed, but maybe. The one I watched appeared to be on 35's.

Last edited:

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
LOL...I am pretty quick witted, but this flew right over my head...but it was my mistake...I had a 95 with the older style square headlights...I am 60, so my mind is not the same..

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The 4Runner is selling just fine? Not my cup of tea, I can't stand the things, but they sure do move a lot of them.
Their looks are lacking, but damn are they reliable. They run 300k miles with basic maintenance and few repairs.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I like the looks of the 2 door. Will be watching to see the reports as more and more people buy them.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
New YT video out and sponsored by Ford. It is the SPORT doing Hell's Revenge. Well the part that a Subaru could do. It is actually embarrassing and can't believe they would support this type of video. It could barely get up anything. The guy had to keep telling him "just bump it". Dude was annoying.

Only saving grace at least he did say "these Sports are supposed to be the Bronco that just gets you to the trail"

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
New YT video out and sponsored by Ford. It is the SPORT doing Hell's Revenge. Well the part that a Subaru could do. It is actually embarrassing and can't believe they would support this type of video. It could barely get up anything. The guy had to keep telling him "just bump it". Dude was annoying.

Only saving grace at least he did say "these Sports are supposed to be the Bronco that just gets you to the trail"
Hell’s gate is probably a harder obstacle than 90% of Wranglers or Broncos will ever do.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to view the Bronco today. Both my wife and I both much preferred the Bronco seats and overall interior over the Wrangler. There was a difference from the lower trim to upper trims, but both were more comfortable to us than our Wranglers. The rear sets seemed to have less legroom. The trim level badges were a joke. They really did feel like refrigerator magnets. The ooen air feeling of the Broncos were amazing. The lack of the center soundbar that the Wrangler has makes it feel much different inside.

I would have no issues buying a Bronco "if" I could get one. However even with a pretty early reservation due to the rollout I have to wait for a 2022 model due to options I selected. 2022s wont start to be made until January, and I have been told it may be fall 2022 before I would get mine. Thats just too long for me. I will buy JLUR #4 instead, and then will convert my reservation to an order once the Warthog version is released.

20210514_150853.jpg

20210514_150820.jpg

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
No one mentioned the power seats?

I mean that’s huge deal especially if they got memory seats. I can’t stand that we have 50K+ vehicles and we don’t have automatic seats, yet Ford did it with a vehicle who’s roof comes off as well. That should be an immediate improvement by FCA. If Ford can do it no reason they can’t.
Sponsored