Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just got back from the event myself and I thought it was pretty nice. Leather seemed fine and the electronics were really cool. It has a light system that allows you to pick and choose which sides of the vehicles you want lights to shine outside. Overall I was impressed but I will say the issue with the wavy soft top windows in the back were obvious and looked bad.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... E3D375E5-00BB-4A76-94E2-465D1DA0F54F

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... E3D375E5-00BB-4A76-94E2-465D1DA0F54F

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... F28F9C5E-89D2-458F-AF21-7EB67CB3BB1C

these were the seats in the one we got to see. Didn’t like the colors and they were cheap looking for sure. Maybe they were the vinyl? Not sure.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I saw about 5 Broncos at Silver Lake Sand Dunes a few weeks ago. Not a fan of the boxy body style and yes, the interior looked gimmicky and plastic added to the cheap look. The fender flares remind me of landscape edging. On the plus side the Broncos seemed to have good performance on the sand. Made me feel happier that I bought my Jeep seeing that I was going to hold out for the Bronco.
I feel the same way. Bronco had potential, but I'm glad I didn't wait for it.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... F28F9C5E-89D2-458F-AF21-7EB67CB3BB1C

these were the seats in the one we got to see. Didn’t like the colors and they were cheap looking for sure. Maybe they were the vinyl? Not sure.
Wow that’s pretty strange. This was the badlands model....do you remember which one you saw?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
i like the exterior with a hard top. i really do. but the interior is just not cool. from the original released photo's of non production units it was just so nice looking. i popped over to the bronco forum and was looking at interior pics. it's just more of a letdown. it looks like a typical ford interior.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
... non production units it was just so nice looking. "
These are still pre-production Broncos. Ford is very intentional to slap that label on to all the Broncos they are trotting out in their social media road shows. Their disclaimer, a fair one, that they can still make changes to what they deliver. That said, what we are now seeing are probably very close to what Ford will actually be delivering to customers in the coming months(?).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
...the interior is just not cool. from the original released photo's of non production units it was just so nice looking. i popped over to the bronco forum and was looking at interior pics. it's just more of a letdown. it looks like a typical ford interior.
Agree 100%

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C

This is the Outer Banks Navy Pier& Gray leather interior; I don't think vinyl is available for Outer Banks, either standard cloth or leather option. For those not familiar with Bronco trims, the Outer Banks is the Sahara competitor.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I will be seeing them here in Gilbert AZ tomorrow. I was all in for the Bronco originally, but going to pass for now. Too many compromises for me to order than over a Eco-Diesel Rubicon. I have not given up completely yet, and may order a Warthog version once its out unless the Ranger Raptor is released first. I know my new Rubicon will hold its value so can sell or trade in later if needed. Ill post some pictures and my thoughts of it tomorrow evening. (I do have a reservation still, and will hold on to it just in case).

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I will be seeing them here in Gilbert AZ tomorrow. I was all in for the Bronco originally, but going to pass for now. Too many compromises for me to order than over a Eco-Diesel Rubicon. I have not given up completely yet, and may order a Warthog version once its out unless the Ranger Raptor is released first. I know my new Rubicon will hold its value so can sell or trade in later if needed. Ill post some pictures and my thoughts of it tomorrow evening. (I do have a reservation still, and will hold on to it just in case).
Same thoughts. That and the constant delays pushed me over the edge. Ordered myself a JLUR Ecodiesel today. I moved my Bronco order to 22’. Might pick one up, might not. We’ll see. I have a feeling I’m really going to like the JLUR more for my uses though. Daily driver with occasional wheeling trips to Uwharrie, Windrock and maybe Rausch Creek + regular visits to the OBX. Am already planning a MOAB trip for next years EJS:rock:

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I don’t know why anyone is expecting anything more than a Ford lackluster interior from them. They have always been behind with less than quality interior design. The only things that I currently like are the aluminum body and the upcoming SYNC 4 with the horizontal screen. There is a salt shed at my job and takes a toll on everyone’s vehicles.
As far as comparing the Jeep to the Bronco, most people just throw rims and tires on and call it a day. They will have no problem with the Bronco. Anyone looking to lift it is looking at a more expensive and complicated process compared to a Wrangler.

Reactions: VNT

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is the Outer Banks Navy Pier& Gray leather interior; I don't think vinyl is available for Outer Banks, either standard cloth or leather option. For those not familiar with Bronco trims, the Outer Banks is the Sahara competitor.
Thanks! In that case, it looks pretty cheap in person in my opinion. I appreciate the variety in interior options compared to the Wrangler. But this didn’t work for me.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco needs more of a 3-3.5 inch lift to fit 37's and was confirmed by 4WP that there is still rub on the frame rail under full stuff/lock.
And remember. There is NO WAY the front suspension will flex like a solid axle. So it's getting stuffed at a point of less travel than a similarly equipped Wrangler. There simply is no way an IFS can compete with a solid front axle when it comes to keeping the rubber on the ground.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
When purchasing an off-road vehicle. I like to focus on parts you can’t see. Like the suspension.
IFS Ford Bronco
IFS Honda Civic
Straight axle Jeep
Straight axle is primarily designed for rugged off-road use.
IFS is primarily designed to give a smooth ride. Since I’m buying an off-road vehicle I think I’ll choose the off-road suspension.

58FFF854-6F84-4F30-AF6F-D3FF92ECC798.png

2E8E54CC-80A8-4573-9914-76C5EFA674D1.png

36218135-0F10-4A50-8AAA-7EAF06BD63D5.png
The shock mount bolts sticking out under the (aluminum) LCA make me mental. I came across a post from October on the Bronco forums questioning the advisability of that design. The consensus was 'It's a prototype! No way will Ford let it go to production that way!" Saw a video from last week -maybe from this same event - where they were surprised to see this design unchanged.
Looks to be how it is going to be produced.
One good hit on those studs and - if you don't shear them off completely - you'll have a hell of a time getting those nuts off...
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... Screenshot_20201031-163437
Sponsored