Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That’s probably true. But a large part of what keeps buyers out of Toyota’s is the aged feel to the electronics. It’s great for their global sales in poorer countries but harder to compete in the US.

I think we will see some loss from those that buy a Wrangler to have a convertible 4wd grocery getter, much due to the Ford brand loyalty. But I think a large number will come from the F150 and Ranger crowds. Again it’s the brand loyalty. The biggest thing will be what demand Ford can keep up with and not hurt production of other popular models.
Both valid points.

an interesting comparison is when Gladiator and Ranger came into market at the same time. Didn’t seem to impact Wranglers or Tacoma’s. Did take a bite out of Colorados. (If memory serves) and the segment expanded. It wasn’t a zero-sum game.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Ok so pic looks skewed but, I'm running 37's although it looks like a 37 and a 33. ? Dunno. Bronco had sasquatch and 33's. But on 37's which it looks capable of handling with a 2" lift because control arms are straight in this pic. DAMN that would be a big bitch. Couldn't imagine driving it down a trail. Mall crawl machine.
Bronco needs more of a 3-3.5 inch lift to fit 37's and was confirmed by 4WP that there is still rub on the frame rail under full stuff/lock.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 26DBEDFB-90DD-4C56-90BE-5E09509C84A4

Last edited:

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
Ok so pic looks skewed but, I'm running 37's although it looks like a 37 and a 33. ? Dunno. Bronco had sasquatch and 33's. But on 37's which it looks capable of handling with a 2" lift because control arms are straight in this pic. DAMN that would be a big bitch. Couldn't imagine driving it down a trail. Mall crawl machine.
You're correct. That's a Bronco Badlands non-sasquatch on 33's.

Your Jeep looks great btw!

chicknwithabeer

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl RUBICON 2018 Jeep Jl SAHARA 2001 Land Rover Disco II
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco needs more of a 3-3.5 inch lift to 37's and was confirmed by 4WP that there is still rub on the frame rail under full stuff/lock.
26DBEDFB-90DD-4C56-90BE-5E09509C84A4.jpeg
Bigger bitch then. 3.5 inch lift 37's and it sits 6 inches higher than mine.
You're correct. That's a Bronco Badlands non-sasquatch on 33's.

Your Jeep looks great btw!
Thanks.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Simple fix:
$2500 leather wrapped interior package.

Hey, take your Bronco hate to the Jeep forums!
I'd actually opt for the cloth. I usually prefer cloth in general. Looking at other pictures the cloth interiors seem to tone things down a bit which appeals to me. I dont need 6 shades of green and blue plus orange accents.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Bronco needs more of a 3-3.5 inch lift to 37's and was confirmed by 4WP that there is still rub on the frame rail under full stuff/lock.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 26DBEDFB-90DD-4C56-90BE-5E09509C84A4
Just my thoughts from what I understand. From a performance standpoint, the Bronco’s suspension will be best left stock unless you’re about to drop $10k on basically a complete overhaul. Lauren Healy talks about this in one of his ride alongs that he is going to keep his personal Bronco basically bone stock. And that for most people that will be their best bet because Ford has basically dialed it in to perfection. This is one huge advantage the wrangler has for those who want 37’s/40’s, a wrangler is a $1500 mopar lift kit away from the former and a few grand more for the latter.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Day 1 Bronco reservation holder here...that’s ordering a JLUR tomorrow. Got tired of the constant delays and supply issues. Pushed my Bronco reservation to 22, but if I’m really digging the JL I’ll just cancel it next year. Hoping Jeep can get me the new Wrangler by summer. Shopped around for a bit and there’s not a lot of Wrangler inventory and I’m pretty particular about what options I want. It will be my first Jeep and I’m looking forward to building/wheeling it!

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
The only thing I wish I had from the Bronco is the drivetrain. The base 2.3L makes 300HP and 325 lb-ft on premium fuel. That combined with 4.7 final gear and 10-speed auto, makes regearing a thing of the past.

Though, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the performance of my 2.0L/A8 with light/small 37" tires. Can't say it is lacking.
The Ford A10 can be a little hunty with gear selection, I've got a GT with the A10, it's solid, don't get me wrong (it's also tuned, engine and trans), but it basically has 3 overdrives (with 9th and 10th gear packed in very closely, 0.69 and 0.64 respectively), and the bottom gears are close too. We've had a DD/RT for three years, and just picked up a '21 4xe, both with the FCA (er, whoever :D) 8-speed and in some ways, it's better (it definitely has a little better programming).

The Ford EcoBoost 2.3L is terrific, and they've got a lot of experience with it, should prove to be very solid - and they've got perkier versions, like the one used in the Mustang HPP package (330HP / 350 lb/ft TQ), maybe we'll see a Bronco ST - or drop in the 400HP 3.0L TT from the Explorer ST ... now that would be a hoot :D

We kind of considered a Bronco, but we were WAY too late to the party, not going to pay any ADM, and needed something sooner, and this new 4xe kind of sealed the deal.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s probably true. But a large part of what keeps buyers out of Toyota’s is the aged feel to the electronics. It’s great for their global sales in poorer countries but harder to compete in the US.

I think we will see some loss from those that buy a Wrangler to have a convertible 4wd grocery getter, much due to the Ford brand loyalty. But I think a large number will come from the F150 and Ranger crowds. Again it’s the brand loyalty. The biggest thing will be what demand Ford can keep up with and not hurt production of other popular models.
What’s keeping me out of Toyotas is Tacoma’s cramped cabin, anemic V6, atrocious automatic, and the same 4Runner that first appeared when W was President.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
What’s keeping me out of Toyotas is Tacoma’s cramped cabin, anemic V6, atrocious automatic, and the same 4Runner that first appeared when W was President.
The 4Runner V6 is anemic for sure but man is it reliable. Even a few hundred billion years from now when our solar system is dark and cold there will probably be a 1GR-FE still chugging along out there somewhere. (Along with a 4.0 AMC I6, a Ford 4.9, and a Cummins 12 valve)

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Simple fix:
$2500 leather wrapped interior package.
That would be interesting to see, but who knows if they'll do it. I'm also curious what changes (if any) they add to the '22. I know I'd be bummed if I finally got my '21 and then the '22s were announced with some cool updates within a month or two. I'm not sure about the Ford release cycles, but I'm still stunned these haven't started hitting the streets yet.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The 4Runner V6 is anemic for sure but man is it reliable. Even a few hundred billion years from now when our solar system is dark and cold there will probably be a 1GR-FE still chugging along out there somewhere. (Along with a 4.0 AMC I6, a Ford 4.9, and a Cummins 12 valve)
Perhaps. But I just couldn't stomach what a dog to drive my 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road was.

Life is too short.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Yeah, we had a 2008 (we had the 4.7L V8.), and just recently when we were shopping the DD/RT replacement, I looked at 4Runners again (though was figuring it wasn't an option).

I sort of get it, it's a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...", but holy smokes, almost nothing had changed (other than the design had gotten a bit homely). Really, a 5-speed auto in 2021? Heck, they only added CarPlay to the HU in 2020.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Anything drives better than a Wrangler, period.
‘Better’ meaning smoother ride. Agree. But to me, that’s not better since it’s so boring.
many people buy a Jeep because they want a “truck feel” even though it’s not a truck.
Exactly. Can’t even get ‘truck feel’ from a truck anymore.
Straight axle is primarily designed for rugged off-road use.
IFS is primarily designed to give a smooth ride.
Also true. If you don’t like bumps, IFS all the way.

Two paths for anyone buying a new vehicle:

1. Boring sedan ride with lane keep assist for especially sleepy commutes and road trips.*

2. Jeep solid axels and fun on every drive.**

*Try self driving cars for the ultimate experience.

**Once in a blue moon I find myself very tired, head pounding, and annoyed with the bumps and handling. Probably shouldn’t be driving at that point anyway.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Just got back from the event myself and I thought it was pretty nice. Leather seemed fine and the electronics were really cool. It has a light system that allows you to pick and choose which sides of the vehicles you want lights to shine outside. Overall I was impressed but I will say the issue with the wavy soft top windows in the back were obvious and looked bad.

1CCE82E1-32FE-4B18-8FCB-ABCD6660B8B3.jpeg

07550636-EBD9-492B-97B8-1A03957088BF.jpeg

595DA1C6-BA2E-48FA-839A-D2F5319BFDE5.jpeg
Sponsored