First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
They will sell just fine. And there will be SAS kits available for those that want it to crawl. For those that were comparing the Toyota sales, well just think what Toyota will probably do once they finally have an updated platform.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
To me, the QuadraCoil suspension and solid axles are a key part of what I love about Wranglers. They give you a feeling that it can truly go anywhere.

I test drove WK and WK2 Grand Cherokees over the years, and didn’t like the fact that it felt and drove like a car.

Having said that, every year 200,000+ buyers clearly find the way Grand Cherokees drive perfectly fine.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They will sell just fine. And there will be SAS kits available for those that want it to crawl. For those that were comparing the Toyota sales, well just think what Toyota will probably do once they finally have an updated platform.
Toyota will do what they have always done. They sell the shit out of Tacomas with the platform they have. It will make no difference when they update the 4Runner.

I agree the Broncos will sell just fine. But what number is that? 125,000? 150,000? 200,000?

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Toyota will do what they have always done. They sell the shit out of Tacomas with the platform they have. It will make no difference when they update the 4Runner.

I agree the Broncos will sell just fine. But what number is that? 125,000? 150,000? 200,000?
That’s probably true. But a large part of what keeps buyers out of Toyota’s is the aged feel to the electronics. It’s great for their global sales in poorer countries but harder to compete in the US.

I think we will see some loss from those that buy a Wrangler to have a convertible 4wd grocery getter, much due to the Ford brand loyalty. But I think a large number will come from the F150 and Ranger crowds. Again it’s the brand loyalty. The biggest thing will be what demand Ford can keep up with and not hurt production of other popular models.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That’s probably true. But a large part of what keeps buyers out of Toyota’s is the aged feel to the electronics. It’s great for their global sales in poorer countries but harder to compete in the US.
I think it is more than this. Toyotas are great cars. They're just not fun, too practical. Before I bought my JL we were looking at the 4runner, but it was so boring compared to the wrangler. Also very sluggish and just kind of feels like you are driving a school bus. I looked at a taco too, same thing and I didn't really want a pickup. I am really glad now I went with the JL instead.

In fact I went with a 2 door wrangler lol. It took me a bit to get used to it, I used to bitch about it being so impractical. In 2019 I was in an accident and lost the JL, so this was the chance to go 4 door. I just couldn't do it. I ended up going back to a 2 door. Now that I am used to it, I actually think it is very practical. It is nimble, great to drive around town and park, very fun on the trail, I dont need a big lift and happy with 33s, takes very little space on my driveway, and it is just absolutely gorgeous with the top off. I managed to get around all the impracticalities and don't really need the extra space of the JLU at all.

Sponsored

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
A brief diversion, could take a pix of that rain channel along the front roof line that diverts water better ? Glad to hear visor frame improved. Now for the 2 door front seat not folding back..
Coincidental to Bronco or not, improvements to detail are welcome, thank you Jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... jeep2

Here you go. Looking at the positioning (and the way it's tucked under the windshield frame) I'm betting it also helps with the wind noise reduction.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think it is more than this. Toyotas are great cars. They're just not fun, too practical. Before I bought my JL we were looking at the 4runner, but it was so boring compared to the wrangler. Also very sluggish and just kind of feels like you are driving a school bus. I looked at a taco too, same thing and I didn't really want a pickup. I am really glad now I went with the JL instead.

In fact I went with a 2 door wrangler lol. It took me a bit to get used to it, I used to bitch about it being so impractical. In 2019 I was in an accident and lost the JL, so this was the chance to go 4 door. I just couldn't do it. I ended up going back to a 2 door. Now that I am used to it, I actually think it is very practical. It is nimble, great to drive around town and park, very fun on the trail, takes very little space on my driveway, and it is just absolutely gorgeous with the top off. I managed to get around all the impracticalities and don't really need the extra space of the JLU at all.
Oh I agree. They are very practical and reliable, and should be. They are ancient platforms by today’s standard. The current generation was unveiled in 2009. So if you think R&D that’s like 18 year old technology.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Public test drives have not yet begun here in the US although some dealers have confirmed that their mannequin/demos were produced last week. Ford is currently doing dealer event tours and showings but are not allowing reservation holders and potential buyers to test drive the vehicle. I was fortunate enough to see the Bronco a few months ago at the Filson event here in Seattle

Can you actually test drive a new big Bronco in Canada?

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... IMG_20210510_123137354_HDR
Not sure TBH. Maybe it's a dealer who lives there. It was a white 2 door though sitting in a driveway. It wasn't there yesterday. It's Canada after all, I could probably go knock on their door and ask. Lol

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did that guy show up in his Forest-Service green 1994 Bronco to test drive the new one...?

He really has been waiting a looong time! :LOL:

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
When purchasing an off-road vehicle. I like to focus on parts you can’t see. Like the suspension.
IFS Ford Bronco
IFS Honda Civic
Straight axle Jeep
Straight axle is primarily designed for rugged off-road use.
IFS is primarily designed to give a smooth ride. Since I’m buying an off-road vehicle I think I’ll choose the off-road suspension.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 58FFF854-6F84-4F30-AF6F-D3FF92ECC798

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 2E8E54CC-80A8-4573-9914-76C5EFA674D1

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 36218135-0F10-4A50-8AAA-7EAF06BD63D5

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I'm not sure you're going to find worse interior quality in a modern vehicle than in a Ford. I was in a new Ford Explorer Platinum and it was awful. Can't believe they have the gall to charge Audi/BMW money for that. Also, I have this theory that Ford overstates their horsepower figures. Too many times, I see them accelerating slower than that heavier, theoretically less powerful vehicles.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I'm not sure you're going to find worse interior quality than in a modern day Ford. I was in a new Ford Explorer Platinum and it was awful. Can't believe they have the gall to charge Audi/BMW money for that. Also, I have this theory that Ford overstates their horsepower figures. Too many times, I see them accelerating slower than that heavier, theoretically less powerful vehicles.
Prior to the Bronco my Ford experience was limited to a 2015 F150. I felt that interior was great, rugged, comfortable. I was expecting a direct copy and paste from the F150 to Bronco in terms of quality and feel but didn't see it. Everything just seemed to feel thin and cheap. Like you could break the window switches with too much pressure. And to go back to those awful accent colors. It's not even that the jeep interior is high end, but its simple and rugged.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Prior to the Bronco my Ford experience was limited to a 2015 F150. I felt that interior was great, rugged, comfortable. I was expecting a direct copy and paste from the F150 to Bronco in terms of quality and feel but didn't see it. Everything just seemed to feel thin and cheap. Like you could break the window switches with too much pressure. And to go back to those awful accent colors. It's not even that the jeep interior is high end, but its simple and rugged.
I do not follow Ford very closely but something happened in the last 5 years where their quality seems to have dropped precipitously. I thought they were decent during their Volvo days.

And you're spot on with the Wrangler quality. It isn't the best, but you do want hard plastics in the right places for durability and the hard plastics that exist are well-placed. The only exception is that I wish the tunnel where your right knee rests were softer.

chicknwithabeer

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl RUBICON 2018 Jeep Jl SAHARA 2001 Land Rover Disco II
Vehicle Showcase
Nuff said.

IMG_20210510_123137354_HDR.jpg
Ok so pic looks skewed but, I'm running 37's although it looks like a 37 and a 33. ? Dunno. Bronco had sasquatch and 33's. But on 37's which it looks capable of handling with a 2" lift because control arms are straight in this pic. DAMN that would be a big bitch. Couldn't imagine driving it down a trail. Mall crawl machine.
Sponsored