Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I’ve owned a number of Ford vehicles. I simply won’t buy the first couple years of a brand new model. And while that’s true of most vehicles, it’s especially true of Ford.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have to disagree, the Bronco is on par with the Wrangler in terms of fit and finish and way better in the paint department. The Wranglers are sub par and always have been when compared dollar for dollar to cars and trucks in their price range.

My 2020 4x4 Ranger PU has an outdated cockpit, but is still generally nicer then my 3.6 2020 JLUR was in fit, finish, power and ride quality. The Bronco being based on the Ranger should also excel in these areas. The Bronco I saw at King of the Hammers were rather nice and if they were available I would have jumped shipped to buy one. Can’t wait 18-24 months so instead I ordered a new 2.0 2021 JLUR to replace my Lemon Lawed 3.6 2020 JLUR.
I saw the interior on a couple of Bronco's at a similar event. I definitely think the Wrangler interior is better. I liked the Bronco interior better than I thought I would. But the center stack controls just screamed Ford parts bin. The leather I saw was terrible - cheap looking and bad colors. It may have been the vinyl but I would be surprised because it was the Outer Banks. The steering wheel looked cheap. Also no rear AC vents. The tech was better like the big screens and the wireless phone charger. The grab handles were cool. But overall it was a notch below the Wrangler. It was almost like they benchmarked the JK interior instead of the JL.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If it proves to be more reliable than the Wrangler it'll sell like mad.
I think that has nothing to do with it.

The 4Runner and FJ are Toyotas. By reputation the most reliable off-roaders. They don't sell.

This segment doesn't really care about reliability.

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

The 4Runner and FJ are Toyotas. By reputation the most reliable off-roaders. They don't sell.

The 4Runner is selling just fine? Not my cup of tea, I can't stand the things, but they sure do move a lot of them.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
other than the soft top they look pretty good, especially the dark blue with the bigger tires and fender flares. A Base Sasquatch hardtop is actually pretty temping....low 40s for a 4 door with 35's, 4.70 gears, lockers and a lot of power right from the factory doesn't seem too bad and is less expensive than a comparable rubicon 4 door auto

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
What trim were these?

Sponsored

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall

Will all due respect, the 4Runner and the modern FJ aren't Jeeps - no taking the doors off, or putting the top down. When shopping for a Jeep, I never even considered them.

For what I (and seemingly so many others) wanted, there really was no competition, which has allowed Jeep to sell well even with less than ideal reliability.

The Bronco, on the other hand, is an actual, real competitor with similar capabilities to a Jeep. If the Bronco was available a year ago I'd have given it serious consideration and of course reliability would have been a factor.

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Look forward to checking them out in person, because the videos/photos of them recently only reinforce my decision to get a JL.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Reminds me of something...

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... {filename}
Vehicross is a cool concept with high tec drivetrain for its time, with maybe not the best realibility.

They do look interesting and cool with proper tires/wheels and can put to shame supposedly better offroaders, like landcruser and anything out there with IFS from its decade.

It was high-speed off-road vehicle, similar to Boronko. Bronco really is a second gen Vehicros when it comes to high speed offroad suspension and traction assisting technology.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... {filename}
Sponsored

Last edited: