Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm glad you pointed out that the blue one was blue. I would have assumed that was black based on the pictures. It'll be interesting to see how/if they refine the interior. Or if other crowds tend to like it.
Sponsored

Rasselas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
My local Ford dealer held a Bronco event this morning showcasing 2 new Broncos. Here are my (possibly biased?) thoughts.

Exterior
- Overall the exterior looks great in person. Seems a bit wider than my Wrangler but similar footprint.
- Big fan of the antimatter blue color, really deep and sparkly in person.
- Silver was fine. Doesn't have the gray ish gunmetal feel of the Wrangler silver.
- The soft top exterior looked fine until you get to the back windows. Even in closed position extremely wavy, fit and finish seemed very poor.
- I hate the trim level badges, if you'd even call them badges? Think refrigerator magnets.

Interior
- Interior was a huge let down. The overall quality seemed extremely low. Hard plastic everywhere out of what seemed like a 1990s van.
- The inside ceiling of the soft top was maybe the worst part. Extremely loose and bare metal looking bars that were totally unfinished.
- Leather also felt extremely cheap. Thin, already wrinkled somehow, like you could rip it open with your fingernail.
- The rear tail gate had this weird hydraulic arm to it which actually made opening it harder than the Wrangler.
- Also even though it's the wider car the trunk opening is way more narrow.
- There are these random blue plastic accents on the climate vents and other areas that looked and felt cheap.

Overall probably better looking in person than I was thinking. Interior and just the quality fit and finish in general noticeably lower than the Wrangler.
IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0995.jpg
The soft top on the silver Bronco looks like it was ordered one size too large. The fit isn't taut or clean. I ordered a premium Sunrider top for my 2021 Jeep, and it's stretched tightly and looks like real care was taken in its design.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Looks decent with the soft top down or off...looks like crap with the soft top up.

Regardless, it will sell...just watch.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nice try Ford....... maybe next year.........:facepalm:
Well...at the rate Ford keeps delaying production and launch, most Bronco buyers aren’t getting theirs until next year, anyway... 😫

Sponsored

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
I saw one last night as we drove by our local Ford dealer, someone was test driving it. Only got to see it in profile, it was the four door version, and it was that off white/grey color (which my wife insists is blue). I gotta say, wasn't impressed. Best way to describe the look is "unfinished". Looks like the designers had an idea of what they wanted to do, got half way there, and then just gave up. There is nothing unifying about the look of the four door. It's just a bunch of shapes that don't go together or add up to anything.

My 2¢ worth.

Best,
-Tim
You sure it wasn't the smaller Bronco Sport? The big Bronco hasn't made it to dealerships for public test drives yet. Also, white/grey color you mentioned sounds like Cactus Grey which has a blueish tint

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
As someone with leather that somehow still has wrinkles and creases from factory... exactly how much worse is the Bronco's leather?

Also, my first thought on the exterior... reminds me of an International Harvester. Even down to the position and size of the trim badges.
I completely agree on the Scout comparison. Bronco looks like identical twin to me on exterior except for the Bronco grill and LED headlights.

For what it is worth, I am a fan of the Scout's appearance and also like the way that the Bronco exterior looks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... download

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The only thing I wish I had from the Bronco is the drivetrain. The base 2.3L makes 300HP and 325 lb-ft on premium fuel. That combined with 4.7 final gear and 10-speed auto, makes regearing a thing of the past.

Though, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the performance of my 2.0L/A8 with light/small 37" tires. Can't say it is lacking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Few more thoughts.
Didn't see the headlights on, but it's very hard to tell the difference between the standard (blue) and the premium (silver).
Also the front bull horn on the silver does truly block the "Bronco" on the grill, I have no idea why they'd do that.
The extended fenders on blue made a nice difference, seems like an extremely easy upgrade for those who get the standard smaller fenders which is a plus.
The I preferred the wheels on the silver, but really not a fan of either. Not a huge fan of all the fake beadlocks they offer. I've seen photos of another wheel looked more normal was pretty nice.
The soft top on the blue one was lifted up in the rear which was odd, what's the point of that? Why would you want to lift the rear soft top to the center vs just folding the entire thing down toward the back?

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I noticed the weird badging the first time I saw a video of them and had similar thoughts. In the video they look like stickers, and even less permanent than the 'wrangler unlimited' stickers.

I guess good to hear that they're magnets, but at the same time why would they cut corners THERE of all places?

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
The more I see of the Bronco, the more it reminds me of the FJ Cruiser instead of the Wrangler. Which isn't a terrible comparison at all; I always kinda wanted one of those. Wacky lil' blocky things with their three windshield wipers in front... and too much damned plastic everywhere.

Problem is, the best thing about the FJ Cruiser was that it was made by Toyota, and the worst thing about the Bronco is that it's made by Ford... if they brought back the FJ Cruiser and redesigned the 4Runner as a 4-door version, that might get my attention.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
You sure it wasn't the smaller Bronco Sport? The big Bronco hasn't made it to dealerships for public test drives yet. Also, white/grey color you mentioned sounds like Cactus Grey which has a blueish tint
No, it was the four door. It might not have been a test drive though, but it was on the roadway in front of the dealership last night. My daughter and I have been looking at the Bronco Sports for the last couple weeks (she originally wanted a Ranger, until she saw the Bronco Sport), so I am very familiar with the difference. This vehicle was bigger and the profile was very different from the Bronco Sport, it was the same profile as the four door models pictured in this thread. And again, I thought it looked really incomplete, like cobbled together, whereas I think the Bronco Sport looks pretty good.

Best,
-Tim

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You men parking lots?
Have you seen or been to a mall, Wal-Mart, etc. parking lot on Black Friday?? Can be downright dangerous!!
Sponsored