BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Any 2doors? 4dr looks terrible IMO.
I think interior sits somewhere between JK and JL. If you think OEM flares are bad, aftermarket are worse.

Back end of soft top opens up, majorly messing with side windows....why??? For those who are too lazy to unlatch rear window.

20210423_214657.jpg

20210423_195228.jpg
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I have to disagree, the Bronco is on par with the Wrangler in terms of fit and finish and way better in the paint department. The Wranglers are sub par and always have been when compared dollar for dollar to cars and trucks in their price range.

My 2020 4x4 Ranger PU has an outdated cockpit, but is still generally nicer then my 3.6 2020 JLUR was in fit, finish, power and ride quality. The Bronco being based on the Ranger should also excel in these areas. The Broncos I saw at King of the Hammers were rather nice and if they were available I would have jumped shipped to buy one. Can’t wait 18-24 months so instead I ordered a new 2.0 2021 JLUR to replace my Lemon Lawed 3.6 2020 JLUR.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I think interior sits somewhere between JK and JL. If you think OEM flares are bad, aftermarket are worse.

Back end of soft top opens up, majorly messing with side windows....why??? For those who are too lazy to unlatch rear window.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 20210423_195228

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 20210423_195228
Is this the Bronco that all the hype is about?!?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Leather also felt extremely cheap. Thin, already wrinkled somehow, like you could rip it open with your fingernail.
As someone with leather that somehow still has wrinkles and creases from factory... exactly how much worse is the Bronco's leather?

Also, my first thought on the exterior... reminds me of an International Harvester. Even down to the position and size of the trim badges.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... rn-Finds-1970-International-Harvester-Scout-800A-1

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... {filename}

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I have to disagree, the Bronco is on par with the Wrangler in terms of fit and finish and way better in the paint department. The Wranglers are sub par and always have been when compared dollar for dollar to cars and trucks in their price range.

My 2020 4x4 Ranger PU has an outdated cockpit, but is still generally nicer then my 3.6 2020 JLUR was in fit, finish, power and ride quality. The Bronco being based on the Ranger should also excel in these areas. The Bronco I saw at King of the Hammers were rather nice and if they were available I would have jumped shipped to buy one. Can’t wait 18-24 months so instead I ordered a new 2.0 2021 JLUR to replace my Lemon Lawed 3.6 2020 JLUR.
I've never had any issues with my Wrangler paint but I did love the Bronco's blue, looked fantastic in person. My father in law has a F150 and love the interior of that, feels and looks great. The bronco interior just seemed cheesy, a bad mix of gimmicky colors and cheap materials in all the wrong places. I think even if it were less colorful, maybe simpler would be less noticeable. The fact everywhere you look is a different color, bring blue, orange, etc just seemed busy. I didn't get to drive either but it's a safe assumption the powertrains on both options are superior to the 2.0 and 3.6 Wrangler.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
As someone with leather that somehow still has wrinkles and creases from factory... exactly how much worse is the Bronco's leather?

Also, my first thought on the exterior... reminds me of an International Harvester. Even down to the position and size of the trim badges.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... rn-Finds-1970-International-Harvester-Scout-800A-1
A few others stated what I saw was the marine grade, so that explains the thin feeling it had. The exterior had this vibe I agree, really like both.

Rasselas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Thank you for sharing.

Yes, Ford's cost-cutting was pretty evident on a YouTube video by Joe Raiti I posted last week. He zooms closely and you can see the cheap plastics on the LED headlights; side badges that look like those you find at the bottom of a Corn Flakes box; a generic-looking interior; the loose-fitting soft top; a messy engine bay, etc. Interesting that your in-person experience confirms what we saw online.

For all the hard time I like to give FCA, they have us used to pretty nice interior materials and interfaces, with good attention to detail and sense of design. Particularly against comparable Fords, GMs, Toyotas, Hondas and Subarus. Mazda and VW interiors and overall design are perhaps one cut above.
I hadn't seen a Joe Raiti video before. I'd call this one not a review but a sales promo. He seems over-excited about commonplaces, such as when he goes to the tailgate and says, "I love the way it has a handle right there." Well, sure. All tailgates have handles, and the Jeep's is in exactly the same position. What's to "love" about that?

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I saw one last night as we drove by our local Ford dealer, someone was test driving it. Only got to see it in profile, it was the four door version, and it was that off white/grey color (which my wife insists is blue). I gotta say, wasn't impressed. Best way to describe the look is "unfinished". Looks like the designers had an idea of what they wanted to do, got half way there, and then just gave up. There is nothing unifying about the look of the four door. It's just a bunch of shapes that don't go together or add up to anything.

My 2¢ worth.

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored