Sponsored

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I am not sure I understand the hate for the Bronco interior. the Bronco Sport maybe, but the Bronco has much, mucu better seats than the JL does. Even the base model seats were much more comfortable. I have had multiple JLURs and have a 4th Eco-Diesel Rubicon on order, but If I could swap the seats I would in a heartbeat.
I agree that the JLU seats could benefit from some TLC. I just did a 4 hour highway drive, and my butt was sore... I had better seats in my 2017 RAM 1500. Best seats ever were in my 2012 Volvo C70.
I'm happy that the Bronco is coming. It will challenge the Jeep division a bit. Nothing like competition to get them off sitting on their laurels.

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a thread on putting spacers under the seat bolts to raise the front of it. That says something.
Yes, so it seems I'm not the only one complaining about that . And I'm sure that at 6'1'' you must feel that short seat travel too. I feel that it would be nice that a CDN $56,000 vehicule would provide the adjustment, or at least that travel... As mentioned, I have a Sahara, bone stock. Ride is not bad, but it's definitely not a vehicule I will enjoy driving 16 hours to Virginia Beach...

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
Those are the helicopter hooks like Humvees had so you can airdrop Broncos into war zones.
Maybe that's for helicopter recovery when the break down. 😎

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What keeps buyers out of Toyotas is what you get for the price: no lockers in the front. leaf springs in the back.
People say this, but perhaps 2% of SUV owners ever do anything requiring front lockers.

I certainly don't see Toyota dealers offering massive sales to clear their lots of 4Runners or Tacomas.

Different vehicles for different people.

I also love the complaints about old electronics or interiors; how often do 4Runners say they're about to shut off due to an issue with start/stop? (None, they don't have it.)

Most Toyota customers would rather have reliable than state of the art.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
As a Ford retiree but Jeep owner, glad to see Ford get back into this obvious niche market for them, one we should have never left. These early production Broncos are going to have a few warts. Due to COVID the supply train has been a train wreck. I was initially disappointed in the IFS platform but they seem to perform admirably in most applications.

Jeep needs the competition, not only is Wrangler way overpriced, surviving on leasing and 84 month financing, they’ve gotten sloppy with quality and customer care, typical of Fiat. The opportunity is there for Ford if they can grasp it. From pricing to options and content they’re off to a good start.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Jeep needs the competition, not only is Wrangler way overpriced, surviving on leasing and 84 month financing, they’ve gotten sloppy with quality and customer care, typical of Fiat. The opportunity is there for Ford if they can grasp it. From pricing to options and content they’re off to a good start.
True, the issue is when I think of "quality," Ford isn't exactly a brand that comes to mind (no offense), though it's certainly ahead of FCA and GM in my book.

Honestly, most of Jeep's customer base is just lying on the table for Ford to pick up… if they're willing to meet the challenge and not just make a product that's "good enough."

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I agree that the JLU seats could benefit from some TLC. I just did a 4 hour highway drive, and my butt was sore... I had better seats in my 2017 RAM 1500. Best seats ever were in my 2012 Volvo C70.
I'm happy that the Bronco is coming. It will challenge the Jeep division a bit. Nothing like competition to get them off sitting on their laurels.
As a Ford retiree but Jeep owner, glad to see Ford get back into this obvious niche market for them, one we should have never left. These early production Broncos are going to have a few warts. Due to COVID the supply train has been a train wreck. I was initially disappointed in the IFS platform but they seem to perform admirably in most applications.

This^^ I say good for Ford! Bring it on! Just gives us more options. Love my Jeep though!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
For Jeep diehards, hopefully if the Bronco does begin to siphon off sales, that will convince Jeep that they finally need to step up their game.
Step up their game in what sense exactly?

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I started this thread and want to clear some things up. Since posting I learned the "cheap" feeling leather I saw was the marine grade vinyl. Also I've seen pictures and videos of the normal leather and cloth and they look much better. I've also seen videos where the trim lacks the tacky blue accent colors which helps the cheap appearance. Also the hardtop photos look way better. I would buy a Bronco, most of my issues with it could be addressed picking a different trim and options. Don't want to turn this into a Bronco bashing thread!
Sponsored