Sponsored

Just Finishes Re-Gearing to 5.13

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just did my first couple break-in runs on my 3.6 manual JLUR. These gears are perfect for me with the manual and 37” Trail Grapplers. First time doing my own gears but thanks to @chevymitchell and another helpful Facebook group it wasn’t that bad at all. Wife got me a press and a few other specialty tools for Christmas so I was able to do everything myself. If you’re used to doing your own wrenching and have a decent attention to detail I would be worried at all about tackling this yourself. Because the Jeep is an extra vehicle/toy I was able to take my time and do this over the course of a couple weeks. 2nd axle was definitely much faster than the first.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Just did my first couple break-in runs on my 3.6 manual JLUR. These gears are perfect for me with the manual and 37” Trail Grapplers. First time doing my own gears but thanks to @chevymitchell and another helpful Facebook group it wasn’t that bad at all. Wife got me a press and a few other specialty tools for Christmas so I was able to do everything myself. If you’re used to doing your own wrenching and have a decent attention to detail I would be worried at all about tackling this yourself. Because the Jeep is an extra vehicle/toy I was able to take my time and do this over the course of a couple weeks. 2nd axle was definitely much faster than the first.
Excellent work man! I'm a huge advocate of everyone being their own mechanic. Gears are scary, but they're not bad, just as you said. Congrats on getting it knocked out.

OP
OP

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Excellent work man! I'm a huge advocate of everyone being their own mechanic. Gears are scary, but they're not bad, just as you said. Congrats on getting it knocked out.
Yeah I cringe at letting anyone else touch my vehicles and avoid it at all costs. Nobody’s gonna treat your stuff as good as you.
Sponsored