botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
Start your Lemon law claim now.
I started the lemon, but it takes 4-6 months to settle. I asked the dealer who is servicing right now (and the dealer from whom I purchased), both in California about Jeep buying this back and getting a replacement but wasn't too successful. So ended up going the long route - but still these twists still suprises me, I think (and hope) it's not an everyday routine.
Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
You purchased a Jeep, which already isn't the world's most reliable car... Add in a hybrid/battery as well as relatively early release 4XE and you're basically helping them beta test... I'm also willing to bet that your parts is probably stuck on one of those hundreds of cargo ships docked off LA... haven't heard a single mfr that isn't affected by this... Literally everytime I ordered parts oem or aftermarket, I get the "stuck on ship" message lol.

if you lemon the car and buy a '22 which will probably have more wrinkles ironed out than a '21, your '22 will be at least $4-5k more expensive depending on when you picked up the '21... So at least you've got that going for you... In either case, its super bad luck. Usually when the Jeeps break, its a pretty quick fix, but not when everything is stuck on cargo ships I guess....

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
You purchased a Jeep, which already isn't the world's most reliable car... Add in a hybrid/battery as well as relatively early release 4XE and you're basically helping them beta test... I'm also willing to bet that your parts is probably stuck on one of those hundreds of cargo ships docked off LA... haven't heard a single mfr that isn't affected by this... Literally everytime I ordered parts oem or aftermarket, I get the "stuck on ship" message lol.

if you lemon the car and buy a '22 which will probably have more wrinkles ironed out than a '21, your '22 will be at least $4-5k more expensive depending on when you picked up the '21... So at least you've got that going for you... In either case, its super bad luck. Usually when the Jeeps break, its a pretty quick fix, but not when everything is stuck on cargo ships I guess....
My MY 21 order changed to a 22. Price increased $300. You’re right that earlier orders will see a bigger difference.

All the above may be true but it speaks to a fan base willing to accept a bad product.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
My MY 21 order changed to a 22. Price increased $300. You’re right that earlier orders will see a bigger difference.

All the above may be true but it speaks to a fan base willing to accept a bad product.
All first year vehicles have issues. The most important thing is how willing is Jeep to back the fixes. I had a '12 JK. It was the first year of the 3.6l V6. That model year had issues with the left cylinder head. It could pop up at anytime. I was constantly listening for a tick any time I idled. Long story short though Jeep stepped up and added a 10 year warranty for the cylinder heads for that model year. Now the 3.6 is called the reliable engine option, which always makes me think back and laugh.

brycal01

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
The loaner/rental car part doesn't make sense. Does Jeep no longer provide/sponsor a loaner/rental for warranty work exceeding 24 hours? I thought that was an actual policy.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU

I don’t know what version he ordered in February but for reference the base price Sahara 4Xe has gone up $4635 since he ordered his 4Xe in March. Some of the options have gone up as well.

OP
OP

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
The loaner/rental car part doesn't make sense. Does Jeep no longer provide/sponsor a loaner/rental for warranty work exceeding 24 hours? I thought that was an actual policy.
Jeep doesn't provide loaner, the dealership does in lucky cases. But from corporate point of view there is no such thing as a loaner. Up to dealership. They cover the rental charges thought. I paid $10,000 plus change to Avis in rental so far. It will be reimbursed once - but who knows when.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I've purchased less expensive Mercedes Benz cars and had repairs taking 6 months+ where I was able to pick and choose loaners. Sounds crazy, even in retrospect.

But Mercedes never let me down as a customer.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Yes, although we get $35 reimbursement for rental if outside dealers' offerings. Problem now is supply chain. Some places you can't even get rentals any longer. You can't replace a Wrangler for $35 at a car rental agencies. Usually it's 3 to 4 x that. Which may still get you a Compass.

There is always fine print to screw us over.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Jeep doesn't provide loaner, the dealership does in lucky cases. But from corporate point of view there is no such thing as a loaner. Up to dealership. They cover the rental charges thought. I paid $10,000 plus change to Avis in rental so far. It will be reimbursed once - but who knows when.
Did they give you an ETA on the replacement parts? They should at least provide an update every week or so.
Sponsored