Just don't buy the 4xe! Please don't!

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
How is the vehicle itself a lemon if the issue is that it's waiting on pandemic-delayed parts?
Same impact, paid for a vehicle that's out of service for an extended period. The cause is out of the owner's control, and the vendor is unable to correct in a timely manor. AFAIK the lemon law typically doesn't have an exception for 'parts are backordered'?
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
If you bought a new bronco and had an issue like this, would you say "I'll never buy another bronco" or "I'll never buy a Ford again"

If you bought a new Silverado and had an issue like this, would you say "I'll never buy another silverado" or "I'll never buy a Chevy again."

Cause when we get posts like this in the general discussion forum, I don't feel people are so quick to blame the new release of the model. It's a lemon transmission or a parts delivery issue, so yea fuck stellantis, fuck the dealer not assessing it correctly, fuck the CS guys not paying your rental bills. But making it a 4xe specific issue is a click baity title because so many people are rooting so desperately for the 4xe to be a failure.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Over 1k miles on mine, no issues (knock wood). Seen guys in the 4XE groups with 12-15k miles and no issues. Not sure what to say for the OP that hasn't already been said, other than... bummer dude, hope it works out soon.
I have seen this on the forum over and over again.

There are always a few buyers who get a real crappy Jeep.

That just sucks.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have seen this on the forum over and over again.

There are always a few buyers who get a real crappy Jeep.

That just sucks.
You could substitute the name of any vehicle manufacturer for "Jeep" and be equally accurate.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
When an OEM puts a vehicle to market there is no way you can fault the consumer, if this was test vehicle then OK but it’s absurd to put it back on the person for buying a production model
Reread my post. I wasn't assigning blame. Rather, I was just mentioning my own approach to such matters; thus my recurring use of the first-person "I".

Sponsored

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Hey Folks,

Let me share my story here as well to serve as a good lesson learned for anyone looking into the 4xe. Just simply don't buy it. Not because it's awfully bad. But because this is a test Jeep with 0 support from Chrysler/Jeep

After waiting for my 4xe almost 3 months, I was able to use it only for 42 days. And then it died. It's been in the shop since 85!!!! Days. Twice as long as I've used it. And still not fixed. FCA/Stellantis provides 0 support for this test trim. Biggest failure of the Wranglers.

Not to mention they don't provide loaner/rental either. I've spend $7000 so far (and counting) on cheap car rentals our of pocket.

Read my full story below if you are interested.

But please don't ever buy this. Choose the regular gas version. Or wait 2-3 years untill Jeep can gather some spare parts so they can fix at least what is broken.

6,300 miles on my 4Xe and it's awesome! So satisfied with the purchase and performance of my vehicle. I think to say that Stellantis provides 0 support is not just exaggerated but false. The times we are living in today make it hard to get most parts for most things. Sorry you are having issues with your Jeep but misleading people and exaggerating circumstance won't make it better.

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Did a test drive and it was great but after 20 something miles it’s a Jeep with a heavy battery A used 4xe isn’t bringing a premium without the tax credit I’m glad you like yours but I’m addressing the resale value not the burst of performance you get for a short trip each day. It’s a way for Jeep to increase the avg fleet gas mileage.
Jeep with heavy battery after 20 miles, not true. It is always is a hybrid and still has charge in the battery for the electric motor. Still has all the HP and toque.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Getting parts sucks right now. I had an unfortunate incident and lost a front brake hose. Figured no problem and went to the dealer. $40 part. Told me at least 6 weeks. Tried to order online and was told January of 2022 maybe. Lucky for me they make aftermarket brake lines but would of really sucked if it was something 4xe specific.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
6,300 miles on my 4Xe and it's awesome! So satisfied with the purchase and performance of my vehicle. I think to say that Stellantis provides 0 support is not just exaggerated but false. The times we are living in today make it hard to get most parts for most things. Sorry you are having issues with your Jeep but misleading people and exaggerating circumstance won't make it better.
There is no doubt in my mind that the ownership woes posted on this forum are true. My issue is that they tend to paint isolated issues as ubiquitous, and then encourage potential owners to avoid those models. I know that misery loves company, but...

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
There is no doubt in my mind that the ownership woes posted on this forum are true. My issue is that they tend to paint isolated issues as ubiquitous, and then encourage potential owners to avoid those models. I know that misery loves company, but...
I agree!!

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I can understand how he feels. He spent quite a bit of money for his Jeep. Most likely he was quite excited about the purchase. Then this happened.

I would feel the same way.

We can agree that faulty units are not unique to FCA. We can even argue that this happens to a low percentage of Jeeps.

Still he must be bitter. I would be.

OP
OP

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
I can understand how he feels. He spent quite a bit of money for his Jeep. Most likely he was quite excited about the purchase. Then this happened.

I would feel the same way.

We can agree that faulty units are not unique to FCA. We can even argue that this happens to a low percentage of Jeeps.

Still he must be bitter. I would be.

It's not even the fact of the % of the issues (which is higher IMO than it should be) but waiting 120 days for a fix is just a bad joke. No COVID or chip shortage can be used as excuse for not being able to fix for 4 months while if you are lucky you can get one from custom order to delivery in 1-2 months (3 mo in most cases).

OP
OP

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
The story developed a little further.

After waiting nearly 2 months for the transmission to arrive, another 1 month for the wiring harness to arrive which the dealership + Jeep engineers forgot to order – I though my Jeep was on track. But the waiting for the backorder parts was followed by 3 weeks of promise from the shop who are working on my Jeep that it will be ready in 2-3 days. But after 3 weeks, it turned out that they forgot to order something else. Another missing part. Which is of course on backorder with no ETA. Is this surprising? No. Here comes the surprising part.

When the dealership in which is being serviced tried to order for the missing part, they noticed that the dealership which sold me my 4xe Wrangler has one in stock. They tried to contact this dealership which refused to sell to them the needed part. What a facepalm. Probably they are “reserving” this part to their 4xe customers? Or they were upset that my Jeep is not being serviced there? Who knows?

But I am surprised that how a case with a “reputable” manufacturer for a car well over $60k can turn into a soap opera story.

Replying to "this is the minority" of the cases - maybe yes. Most unluck people are lucky enough that in 2-3 weeks Jeep buys back the faulty car without hassle through the dealer, so there is no drama around. I wasn't that lucky and had to go through to the way longer lemon way.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The story developed a little further.

After waiting nearly 2 months for the transmission to arrive, another 1 month for the wiring harness to arrive which the dealership + Jeep engineers forgot to order – I though my Jeep was on track. But the waiting for the backorder parts was followed by 3 weeks of promise from the shop who are working on my Jeep that it will be ready in 2-3 days. But after 3 weeks, it turned out that they forgot to order something else. Another missing part. Which is of course on backorder with no ETA. Is this surprising? No. Here comes the surprising part.

When the dealership in which is being serviced tried to order for the missing part, they noticed that the dealership which sold me my 4xe Wrangler has one in stock. They tried to contact this dealership which refused to sell to them the needed part. What a facepalm. Probably they are “reserving” this part to their 4xe customers? Or they were upset that my Jeep is not being serviced there? Who knows?

But I am surprised that how a case with a “reputable” manufacturer for a car well over $60k can turn into a soap opera story.

Replying to "this is the minority" of the cases - maybe yes. Most unluck people are lucky enough that in 2-3 weeks Jeep buys back the faulty car without hassle through the dealer, so there is no drama around. I wasn't that lucky and had to go through to the way longer lemon way.
So, did you start a Lemon Law claim now? And if not, why? Here in Canada, we don't get lemon laws, at all. I'm surprised you have let this blatent incompetence continue for so long.