Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Guessing Jeep wouldn’t want a used 4xe unless they steal it. Without a tax credit it’s more of a novelty with the short E range. I had a Ford C-Max plug in for a company car and after 20 some miles it was just a gas Cmax carrying a heavy battery around.
Guessing you haven't driven a 4xe then. Trust me, the Ford isn't even in the same realm tbh.
Sponsored

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Did a test drive and it was great but after 20 something miles it’s a Jeep with a heavy battery A used 4xe isn’t bringing a premium without the tax credit I’m glad you like yours but I’m addressing the resale value not the burst of performance you get for a short trip each day. It’s a way for Jeep to increase the avg fleet gas mileage.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Botond, your first mistake was buying the "A Model" and expecting everything to be perfect. There isn't a single brand new or redesign vehicle out there that didn't have issues on launch (which by the way wasn't more than 6 months ago). Jeep has been pushing updates and fixes out for the vast majority of issues customers have been having. Yes, parts are scarce right now but that's across the whole industry. I'm still waiting on all weather floor mats from my dealer.
I bought mine knowing full well that there was a very real possibility I could be facing a major glitch or issue within a very short period of time and a long wait before it could be fixed. That was something I was willing to live with. The truth is there is a large number of owners that have NOT had any issues or they were so minor that they were back on the road in a day or 2.

Sorry to be brutally honest but shit happens. I'm sure your dealer would be more than happy to swap yours out for a regular one considering the heavy demand for the 4xe platform and charge that next person a premium for it as a certified used vehicle.

I don't think having a Jeep in the shop for 85 days is anything to turn your nose up at... I've NEVER bought any new vehicle, hybrid or otherwise, that required more than 3-5 days in the shop even for a major repair... Once had a new Firebird that had to have a new transmission put in because the plastic synchronizers failed... That only took a couple of days...

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
clickbate maybe?

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It looks like we have a complainer.

After waiting for my 4xe almost 3 months
You ordered a Jeep that model that wasn't in production in February. It was released in April, it was deliver 4 weeks from the window sticker and ended up in the 1st batches of 4Xe. All normal, most time it takes 2-3 month to order any Jeep. This is a non issue. I can see from your post history that you put in elevated claim into Jeep in April about this. What were you expecting them to instantly deliver the vehicle after it went through certifications. Why even bring this up?

Not to mention they don't provide loaner/rental either. I've spend $7000 so far (and counting) on cheap car rentals our of pocket.
In your blog, you said the $7k includes car payments and insurance. You agreed to buy the Jeep and make payments, insurance is required, you got a rental as replacement vehicle. In your Blog, you said Jeep is going to reimburse you for the rental car. If you want be taken seriously don't exaggerate how much money you are out. Maybe you talked to random person who thought authorized it and you didn't get the correct authorization. You should get reimburse for the rental.

Lemons law vehicles usually include multiple repair attempts.

The topic should be I ordered a 4Xe, it has transmission issue. The transmission is back ordered due newness of the vehicle and/or the Global Supply supply issue. I haven't gotten reimbursed for my rental yet. I guess that isn't dramatic enough for you.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
I understand his frustration. Reading the forums before ordering my 4xe I thought it was a small group that was having issues and that it was only certain people complaining. after waiting 3 months, I finally got my Jeep. Loved it... after 700 miles I was left stranded. Its the first vehicle I have ever owned that needed to be towed to the dealership. Even the tech at the dealership made fun of me and said you are the guinea pig.....

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
How about the another blog from the OP on Jeep 4Xe.

Top 10 reasons why you shouldn’t buy a Jeep Wrangler 4xe?

10. It is Loud
9. Artificial Steering Feedback
8. Uconnect and Smart Phone Connectivity is Slow
7. It Has Terrible MPG
6. Not Made for Overlanding
5. Quality Control Issues
(Fuses)
2. Premium Price for Cheap Service

You bought Jeep Wrangler from Chrysler, right? What were you expecting?

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Folks,

Let me share my story here as well to serve as a good lesson learned for anyone looking into the 4xe. Just simply don't buy it. Not because it's awfully bad. But because this is a test Jeep with 0 support from Chrysler/Jeep

After waiting for my 4xe almost 3 months, I was able to use it only for 42 days. And then it died. It's been in the shop since 85!!!! Days. Twice as long as I've used it. And still not fixed. FCA/Stellantis provides 0 support for this test trim. Biggest failure of the Wranglers.

Not to mention they don't provide loaner/rental either. I've spend $7000 so far (and counting) on cheap car rentals our of pocket.

Read my full story below if you are interested.

But please don't ever buy this. Choose the regular gas version. Or wait 2-3 years untill Jeep can gather some spare parts so they can fix at least what is broken.

TBH this sounds like a dealership issue more than an FCA/Stellantis issue.

Peterson's in my hometown has been pretty damn good thus far with our '20 JLUR.

Last edited:

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
1100 miles in my wife's 4xe Rubicon. Not one issue. 1.5 tanks of gas so far. Level 1 charging.
She loves it.
I would say the OP is ill informed and should have started the Lemon process weeks ago. But as others have said- way more clicks if you state don't buy a 4ex and grandstand.

Sponsored

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WK2 Limited, 21 JLUR 4xe
I understand this part. In fact, I think we all do, as we hear about COVID disrupting parts supplies on an almost daily basis. It appears the OP understands too, but he highlights the fact that new 4XEs continue to roll off the assembly line, so it appears that essential parts serve the assembly line first… A lot of new Jeep’s have delivered over the last 85 days. If the manufacturer cared about the customer after the sale the OP’s transmission would have been replaced by now, but customer service drops to absolute lowest priority when the manufacturer can sell all they can build, even with terrible customer service.

Even the notoriously crappy “Yugo” could have stayed in business in this economy.

I also agree there’s no excuse for not providing a rental/loaner at no cost.

And I agree the OP should file a lemon law claim ASAP. Even if the OP wants to keep his Jeep, and I sure wouldn’t, a pending claim will improve his bargaining position and expedite a response.

For those who complain about the clarity of the OP’s writing, his grammar and syntax make it obvious that he’s not a native English speaker. For somebody communicating in his second or third language I’d say he did a fine job of describing the screwing he’s being given. Frankly, his descriptions are more clear and more gracious than mine would be after being treated like this.

Botond, please continue to sing this story loudly and clearly in every language and venue. Business practices won’t change until they cause the manufacturer more financial pain than treating people fairly.

Without a doubt! JEEP isn't doing their best job for the supply situations. Just like they do to keep production up, they should have a buffer of spare parts on the shelf. You can guarantee if the assembly line is halted due to some hardware issue on the production line, they will have a spare part on the shelf and ready to pop-in.

They should use this practice for their OEM products as well; instead of ordering just enough to meet production, they should order double and put a couple on the shelf until a good buffer is reached.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Regarding $6k on rental (and counting), yes it's crazy. And this is with my corporate -30% discount. I was wondering the same - for this I could have bought a used electric Fiat 500. Or something. But that wouldn't be reimbursed by Jeep. This is. Or will be later on.
You paid nearly $7K for car rentals, and your expectation is that Jeep will reimburse you at that level?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I think all trim and engine levels receive the same non-existent level of support from Chrysler.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yet another example of why I refuse to purchase the first model year of a new vehicle, or one with a material redesign, or when considerable integration of new technology has occurred. It's unfortunate to say this, but I expected threads like this one from the moment I learned about the 4xe.

I'm just old enough to remember when General Motors watched as Pontiac Fiero buyers acted as unknowing beta testers (for more than just the initial model year). The car was finally well sorted for model year 1988. At that point, though, the long memories of consumers and the automotive press prevented continuing sales in any viable manner for GM. And so the Fiero was withdrawn from production just when it had become a really good vehicle.

I don't know if the same will occur with the 4xe, with respect to the public assistance tax schemes associated with partial/full electric vehicles, but it will be interesting to watch nonetheless.
When an OEM puts a vehicle to market there is no way you can fault the consumer, if this was test vehicle then OK but it’s absurd to put it back on the person for buying a production model

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck with it. I have over 6k miles on mine and love it! Like ALL Chrysler products there's always surprises, but I've read the manual backwards and forwards and have learned some of the surprises. Since it is so new, you're right the dealers don't have a lot of experience with them, but they've been amazing with me.
Wishing you the best, and hoping others see that there is an upside. It's not wrong for everyone.

Hey Folks,

Let me share my story here as well to serve as a good lesson learned for anyone looking into the 4xe. Just simply don't buy it. Not because it's awfully bad. But because this is a test Jeep with 0 support from Chrysler/Jeep

After waiting for my 4xe almost 3 months, I was able to use it only for 42 days. And then it died. It's been in the shop since 85!!!! Days. Twice as long as I've used it. And still not fixed. FCA/Stellantis provides 0 support for this test trim. Biggest failure of the Wranglers.

Read my full story below if you are interested.

But please don't ever buy this. Choose the regular gas version. Or wait 2-3 years untill Jeep can gather some spare parts so they can fix at least what is broken.

Sponsored