Sponsored

Just curious...

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
How often do/did you check the build status of your Jeep? I think the Jeep chat is cool, but I don't want to get crazy about the dates being too slow (though any wait is a long wait at this point in the game). What is a good interval?
Sponsored

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
My sales person sends me the POC which includes the status on the days he goes into work, possibly you should ask the dealer to do something similar for you. I am betting you see your jeep in less than two weeks :) A lot of what I have seen posted here as of late says taking delivery in 2-3 weeks.

I ordered a JLUR w/ near everything 4/22 and as of 4/30 I was "I - Unit is pending final inspection"

My sales person will be in today, stoked about getting an update shortly.

OP
OP

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sales person sends me the POC which includes the status on the days he goes into work, possibly you should ask the dealer to do something similar for you. I am betting you see your jeep in less than two weeks :) A lot of what I have seen posted here as of late says taking delivery in 2-3 weeks.

I
Ahhh , it's a nice thought but stuff for me normally doesn't rolls that way. I would say 4 to 5 at the earliest.

This may sound silly, but I wasn't all that excited about getting the jeep knowing it would be 4 to 6 weeks, I think the fact that I can actually track it as it goes through the assembly process makes it worse. You're always checking to see did it move on to the next phase.....because you can.

Last edited:

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
I was pretty excited at first as well when I saw people getting their jeeps in 2-3 weeks. Well its been 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm still waiting. Located in Iowa, and my rubicon arrived to the final rail yard 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and has been sitting there since. It took 1 week for it to just get unloaded from the rail car, which was a week ago yesterday, and it's been sitting waiting for a truck ever since. No ETA to the dealership or anything. Pretty frustrating when people on both coasts, down South and everywhere in between are getting their jeeps in much less time. So be thankful you're not in Iowa waiting for one. My sales rep has been great keeping me updated through the process, but its getting more and more frustrating by the day.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I was pretty excited at first as well when I saw people getting their jeeps in 2-3 weeks. Well its been 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm still waiting. Located in Iowa, and my rubicon arrived to the final rail yard 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and has been sitting there since. It took 1 week for it to just get unloaded from the rail car, which was a week ago yesterday, and it's been sitting waiting for a truck ever since. No ETA to the dealership or anything. Pretty frustrating when people on both coasts, down South and everywhere in between are getting their jeeps in much less time. So be thankful you're not in Iowa waiting for one. My sales rep has been great keeping me updated through the process, but its getting more and more frustrating by the day.

Thank you for sharing, it appears I still need to remain patient :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that it's going to happen, but if mine does arrive in the next few weeks I'm going to feel really badly posting that it's here :lipssealed:

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
Not that it's going to happen, but if mine does arrive in the next few weeks I'm going to feel really badly posting that it's here :lipssealed:
I'll probably still be waiting for mine lol.

sduphily

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I waited to check until a few days before the "Estimated Delivery Date" on the POC. It was hinted in another post that it seemed like that was the date they actually start building the Jeep.

Jeep chat sort of confirmed that suspicion since they said "all the parts are ready for assembly, just waiting for it to start"...and then 5 days later when the build sheet was generated, it was confirmed completed by Jeep chat. Kind of insane really...I guess the biggest issue as others have noted is the shipping.

A co-worker of mine was asking about it yesterday and said "so maybe 3 weeks?". I replied..."I'll go nuts since that'll be cutting it close for Bantam!".

I'll give it a week before I start getting a bit nervous. At least i know it's ready to come home.

OP
OP

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh , it's a nice thought but stuff for me normally doesn't rolls that way. I would say 4 to 5 at the earliest.
Sigh . . . baby still in D1. Been there for 2 weeks now. On the bright side: at least my life is predictable :sun:

Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Sigh . . . baby still in D1. Been there for 2 weeks now. On the bright side: at least my life is predictable :sun:

Vstarjewel: My timing is similar to yours. Did you order the one touch roof by any chance? I'm starting to wonder if that is what is holding mine back.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I ordered everything except smokers and engine heater including the freedom top. SuM

meth0d

First Name
Pierce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL MOAB
Occupation
Network Engineer
I checked with Jeep Chat every 2 days, since it was moving through the build process so quickly. Got a call from the dealer today saying the build was KZ L and coming via truck.,, not rail, and that it would likely be at the dealer Thursday.

OP
OP

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vstarjewel: My timing is similar to yours. Did you order the one touch roof by any chance? I'm starting to wonder if that is what is holding mine back.
Nope... 2 doors don't come with that option. Mine is 2 door automatic with cold, convenience and upgraded stereo system. From what I've seen here, it's pretty basic.

I live in southeastern Michigan and interact with a LOT of people in all the automotive areas... my personal opinion is that it's just the luck of the draw on anything with the big 3 (aka it is what it is).

But I do have a question for everyone...who gave you your delivery date? The dealer that I used said about a month, but I haven't heard boo from anyone else...?