Sponsored

Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top?

Black hard top or Body color hard top?

• Total voters

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I do too but when I saw this photo of the white top white fenders and these tires with the lived it looks so good and clean. It really looks nice now that Jeep stock I would hate it it would look more like an SUV but with those tires and probably the Mopar lift on it looks so clean and good
Sponsored

Hazmater911

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, Silver, 2006 TJ (for sale)
My original plan was red or ocean with black top, then I saw the silver with painted top and I just thought it looked classy. I sometimes drive my jeep to classy places, if not I take the top off anyway. I just ordered a Bikini cover for front and back seats in black. The beauty of CA is the top is off more than it is on. "Stay Classy, Jeepers"

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
If you decide you want a matching hard top later on, is that something easy to acquire?

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
It really depends on the color of the vehicle. For example, a body colored hardtop and fenders is a bit too much on a Sting Gray. The combination of a black hardtop and a body colored/or non painted fenders is a better look and adds contrast to the vehicle. The black and white vehicles are the only ones IMO that look great with the body colored top and fenders.

With that said, the black hard top looks great on any color. It’s also the classic Jeep Wrangler look. If it’s all color matching, you lose that and it looks like any other vehicle on the road.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I ended up getting almost two years ago blacktop black fenders. but I wish I had the white fenders right now with black top. white fenders really look clean especially if you do the American adventure fender delete will you split the bottom piece of the fender and take it off and put their light kit on. With the white it just looks really clean but the people told me the white fenders we get rock chips but friends of mine that have it and go rock crawling all the time and off roading don't have any problems but this really looks good with the white fenders with the fender delete

Screenshot_20200410-105010_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
It really depends on the color of the vehicle. For example, a body colored hardtop and fenders is a bit too much on a Sting Gray. The combination of a black hardtop and a body colored/or non painted fenders is a better look and adds contrast to the vehicle. The black and white vehicles are the only ones IMO that look great with the body colored top and fenders.

With that said, the black hard top looks great on any color. It’s also the classic Jeep Wrangler look. If it’s all color matching, you lose that and it looks like any other vehicle on the road.
[incoming contrasting opinion]
The hell you say... look at this sexy beast.

3FC8B022-6985-4B1D-8031-022D00FFC5A6.jpeg

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
History tells us that all black plastic will fade over time and if you scratch it , It can't be repaired like the painted fenders can.

When packaging your Rig the plastic fenders are cheaper as well as the hardtop so that's usually a deciding vote on final pricing

If you're going to do a lot of off road than it will be cheaper to replace a plastic fender than a painted one

You can always add contrast with graphics and then change those anytime you wish

Just my $.02

I like the full body color myself

Jeep Wrangler JL Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top? 20190425_155525

Jeep Wrangler JL Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top? 20200324_085107

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
6 th Wrangler....1st color matched, Love It!!...But it is just for the colder months then I have the Soft top which gives me a whole new vehicle! Best of Both!!

IMG_4128.jpeg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I remember seeing a done up Jeep Wrangler Renegade in South beach in the 90's and Man I thought that truck was the bees knees....of course looking back at it ... Not so much now! but I guess that was when the painted arches came into play.

1991-jeep-wrangler-renegade-yj-red-passenger-front.jpg

Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I voted black, but there should be a 3rd option that would be "depends"

Depends on the fenders, depends on the colors, depends...

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Would be nice if there were a third option: White texture similar to what the old Blazers had-reflects heat much better than black, looks good with white paint and really pops with bright red's and some blues. That said, I would still choose black or body color for my Bikini...

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a white JLUR, and got the black top and black fenders.

I didn't want to pay extra for smoethign that to me, isn't really worth it. I"m going to be changing the fenders anyway to Metalcloak, and the top,. i like more the black look than all white.

But to each their own. Check out my instagram if you want to see pictures of it

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I voted black because it's easier to repair and I like the contrast

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
[incoming contrasting opinion]
The hell you say... look at this sexy beast.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top? 1991-jeep-wrangler-renegade-yj-red-passenger-front
It looks great. Just add the satin black grill and we are in business ;)
Sponsored