Sponsored

Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top?

Black hard top or Body color hard top?

• Total voters

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
If I got any other colour than black I would have gotten the black top. But I did get black body and I think it looks great with the matching top.
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I like the black hardtop. I like the contrast (as most have already said). I also got the black fender flares instead of the matching color. Plus, I was thinking if I got the matching color hardtop and had to replaced it, the sun fade would make the new one not match the rest of the vehicle. Then again, I could of switched to a black hardtop if something happened to the original colored top.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I will go with body colored. The paint used on the JK's was awful and I assume they haven't changed that.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For the many people (the majority according to the poll) who prefer the black top to the body color painted one, I have a question. If the body color roof came standard and you had to pay an extra $1000 for the unfinished black one, would you still prefer its look and choose it in spite of the cost?

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For the many people (the majority according to the poll) who prefer the black top to the body color painted one, I have a question. If the body color roof came standard and you had to pay an extra $1000 for the unfinished black one, would you still prefer its look and choose it in spite of the cost?
I'm getting a soft top, but if I were forced to get a hard top: yes, I'd pay extra for a black top.

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
I would definitely pay extra for the black hard top. Thank God that's not case though!

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I prefer no hard top lol. But I would go body colored if I was going to get a hard top.

Sponsored

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
The last two Jeeps I had were both sports (JK and then JKU), with black flares and soft tops. This time I ordered a Rubicon with color matched hardtop and flares, as I'm moving up.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Love body color. But......I guess mine is kinda body color.

8CBE7BA9-5AB1-414D-A1B1-CC3E7A061785.jpeg

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the contrast but also have a practical reason. I drive through a lot of overgrown trails in the west coast rain forest and tend to have a lot of branches scrapping over the top. The black textured hardtop seems to survive without a blemish.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I was going to get black until I saw the color of my jeep with the painted top.
Glad I didn't get the black and went with body color.

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
I have always preferred the color top, I have the 2017 granite now without the top painted and it bothers me for some reason. It's a beautiful car either way, but I prefer the painted top if I am going to spend 50k for a car. Just comes down to personal preference. Unfortunately it is holding up my Ocean Blue Rubicon purchase :(
Sponsored