Sponsored

Just curious what y'all prefer, black or Body color hard top?

Black hard top or Body color hard top?

• Total voters

thejean

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLSU
The reason I’m here in this thread is because I recently bought a sting gray JL with painted fenders and black hardtop. I came across a guy selling a sting gray hardtop and was like, awesome, a cheap upgrade (as I could resell my black top)! Now after reading all the comments I’m not so sure I want to do it. All the good looking colour matched jeeps seem to be the more luxury SUV looking ones with big rims and crazy offsets city style wheels like Fuel Contras. And I’m about to put some matte black method 703 offroad looking wheels on it and thinking that probably the black top matches that offroad look better. Mine is a Sahara and I’m going to black out the grille also. I also added the rubicon rockers and might do a 2.5” lift also. And yes, the colour matched looks a bit more body and more like a G wagon, which isn’t bad, just more “city” if that makes sense?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Being that I live in Houston, and have a Black top, in the summers I wish it were white.

Sponsored

Kbinspections

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I think it depends on the body color. White looks great with black top.

Black top can calm some of the crazy colors.

But some color look great with matched tops….snazzberry, ocean blue metallic comes to mind

mcaltitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Jeep JLUR, '21 BMW X5 x45e
Occupation
Software Weenie
I will never understand why anyone would buy a Wrangler for how it looks with matching body paint but to each their own and not a need for me to know. I’d rather drive a comfy vehicle (cute 392 bro) on the road instead of a Rubicon with a paint matched hard top. My rubicon will get scratched and dinged up off-road. No reason to introduce more visible damage by paint matching.
Sponsored