First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - Snazzberry w/Xtreme Recon pckg
Occupation
Computer stuff
Back in July 2021 before I placed my order for my JLUR, I test drove a Rubicon 4xE. I was quite impressed by how quick it takes off, with all of the instant torque of the electric motor. I probably would have gone with the Rubicon 4xE, but since I live in a town house (without a driveway or garage) I don't have an easy practical way to charge it overnight. My daily commute to work (one way) is just under 25 miles, but I don't believe there's currently a way to charge while at work. I ended up ordering a 3.6L V6 (etorque mild hybrid). Eventually I may reconsider the 4xE, especially if (in the future)I have a practical way to charge at home and work.

Last edited:

Elk666

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE
Hereā€™s another reason why i love my rubi 4xe šŸ„°
Yesterday i went to a national park, thereā€™s 5-6 parking lots with 100ā€™s of spots in total and only ONE charging station šŸ¤Ø
No one was charging so i got a premium parking spot right next to the entrance and filled her up with electric power while we were walking in the woods, yeah!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒšŸ»
Jeep Wrangler JL Just buy the 4XE. Please do! 8BC01A95-ED5C-4869-B400-DE24CA8EBFEE

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Nice shots of the 4XE caught in the wild!
This trail (Bunny Trail from the Greenbrier/White Sulfur Springs Jeep Jamboree) we climbed a natural creek Bed up a mountain with pro spotters. We were the smallest on 35s, two JKs on 37s and a 6.2L LS swap on Dana 60s and 40s (bad ass rig).
We bypassed one spot where the two guys in 37s high centered and pulled line, but otherwise she did great. Drug the sliders all the time and tested out all the skid plates. Ripped a sidewall at the end and the sway bar skid is bent backwards.

Bunny trail had no correlation to a bunny slope, lol.

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Nice shots of the 4XE caught in the wild!
I feel like I don't see enough of these. A few of Hell's Revenge... that's about it. Then the TFL guys doing dumb shit.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s another reason why i love my rubi 4xe šŸ„°
Yesterday i went to a national park, thereā€™s 5-6 parking lots with 100ā€™s of spots in total and only ONE charging station šŸ¤Ø
No one was charging so i got a premium parking spot right next to the entrance and filled her up with electric power while we were walking in the woods, yeah!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒšŸ»
So this is part of my plan with not getting a level 2 charger.

In my home we take small trips. We go to get drive thru. We go to the store real quick. And those trips turn into 30-1.5 hours in a store REALLY fast. One just doesn't realize the time spent inside.

And that whole time Kailani 2.0 will be getting "fueled" up.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I feel like I don't see enough of these. A few of Hell's Revenge... that's about it. Then the TFL guys doing dumb shit.
Weā€™re gonna try to do Uwharrie later this month if any fellow 4xeā€™rs would like to join. Badge of honor trail.

OP
OP

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
This trail (Bunny Trail from the Greenbrier/White Sulfur Springs Jeep Jamboree) we climbed a natural creek Bed up a mountain with pro spotters. We were the smallest on 35s, two JKs on 37s and a 6.2L LS swap on Dana 60s and 40s (bad ass rig).
We bypassed one spot where the two guys in 37s high centered and pulled line, but otherwise she did great. Drug the sliders all the time and tested out all the skid plates. Ripped a sidewall at the end and the sway bar skid is bent backwards.

Bunny trail had no correlation to a bunny slope, lol.
Thatā€™s some intense off roading. Sounds like yā€™all had a blast! Sucks about the sidewall.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thatā€™s some intense off roading. Sounds like yā€™all had a blast! Sucks about the sidewall.
Looks like we may do 37s instead of replacing the spare, lol.

My wife and I have had a ton of fun in the couple months weā€™ve had it.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Weā€™re gonna try to do Uwharrie later this month if any fellow 4xeā€™rs would like to join. Badge of honor trail.
Videos and pics please.

OP
OP

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I have family that lives in Concord not too far from Uwharrie. I have been wanting to go there. I have 35s, no lift. Rock sliders. No winch. You think Iā€™d be safe to go on some trails there solo?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have family that lives in Concord not too far from Uwharrie. I have been wanting to go there. I have 35s, no lift. Rock sliders. No winch. You think Iā€™d be safe to go on some trails there solo?
We haven't been yet, but from what I've read, there is a pretty good range of trail difficulty (as in you could stick to easier rated trails). It's always better to wheel with someone, even if it's just someone you meet at the trail head.

Give me a heads up if you narrow down a date, and we'll try to make it out with you.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I had my first CEL that lasted two trips (about 10 miles). It went away on its own. I think the dash was telling me something about the AUX switches not working. The CEL just stopped on its own on the third trip and hasn't come back.

Strangely, a few days after it went away, I stupidly left the gas door open for about a mile with the gas cap dangling before I noticed the dash telling me to close something - Doh! But that didn't trigger a CEL.... the one thing that should absolutely cause a CEL, as stated in the owner's manual, didn't. Go figure.
Sponsored

Last edited: