Just buy the 4XE. Please do!

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Oh, and like mentioned above, the regen braking is so nice. I never use my brakes until the last 3-5 or so miles per hour. These brakes are going to last a lifetime.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Some other posters beat me to it. But yes, there is no way a similarly optioned Rubicon is 12k more even without the tax credit. The poster who said so probably did not realize all the options that are standard on the 4XE that are not standard on the regular rubicon. With the tax credit my similarly optioned rubicon was LESS than a regular rubicon. However, that was before the most recent price increase.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought my 4xe in july 2021. Impossible to buy an other model due to eco tax (30000 euros in 2021 then 40000 in 2022) on 4x4 in my country. No eco tax on hybrid.
Fuel is very expensive. I drive every day on electric mode (70% electic 30% fuel)
I like silence on electric mode.
I remember, at each time i watch it, my jeep wyllis i drove 37 years ago
Wow, does your country hate fun?

Don’t answer that... rhetorical question, I know the answer. But seriously, I’ll know when it’s time to go off-grid and move to BFE, when it becomes prohibitively expensive to own a simple 4x4 with a god damn V6.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Some other posters beat me to it. But yes, there is no way a similarly optioned Rubicon is 12k more even without the tax credit. The poster who said so probably did not realize all the options that are standard on the 4XE that are not standard on the regular rubicon. With the tax credit my similarly optioned rubicon was LESS than a regular rubicon. However, that was before the most recent price increase.
Yup, I was shopping Rubicons, then the 4xe Rubi caught my eye. Spec for spec, with rebate, it came out the same.

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
I am very happy with my purchase as well. It does exactly what I expected it to do while saving a little money at the pump. Seems like the battery lasts longer after each recharge and averaging 28 miles on electric is a great bonus.

I just have to figure out the lighting situation, I live in a rural area and with day light savings its pitch black on my way home from work. I am not into exterior lighting or light bars, so Im gonna have to find something to replace the current fogs. Leaning towards BD, but I might have to do the steel bumper, cause I might also have to do a bull bar, which I also do not want to put on, but a ton of wildlife out here zipping across the roads.

Sponsored

Past the Pavement

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 392 [Reign]
Build Thread
Link
Got my 4xe in March and really loved it at first. Going stealth is great plus everything else that's been said. I just can't get over how clunky and inconsistent the driving experience is, particularly at low speeds/stopping. The power lag has been hard to get used to as well, although the actual power is awesome. Have about 4k miles now and just about finished getting it back to stock so I can sell and get a normal Rubicon. I will certainly be jealous of the silent crawling though haha

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Got my 4xe in March and really loved it at first. Going stealth is great plus everything else that's been said. I just can't get over how clunky and inconsistent the driving experience is, particularly at low speeds/stopping. The power lag has been hard to get used to as well, although the actual power is awesome. Have about 4k miles now and just about finished getting it back to stock so I can sell and get a normal Rubicon. I will certainly be jealous of the silent crawling though haha
You can eliminate that with making sure you are in 4 Auto and having the engine running. Torque is limited in 2H. Every 4xe drag race I've seen, the 4xe seems to always take the lead off the line.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Lease a 4xe, don’t buy it. First year model - expect problems. Mine has a re-occurring electrical fault. You’ll also save yourself from doing the tax credit filing. Dealer gets the credit, you get the savings. Enjoy the benefits without the (long term) headaches.
Can we talk about leasing the 4xe for a second? Why are so many people and dealerships recommending leasing it? Are you spending more money, in the long run, to lease a vehicle compared to financing it?

I understand that you get the federal and state tax incentives right away when leasing. But other than that, I do not understand why leasing the 4xe would be a good thing for the normal Wrangler owner who usually tends to keep theirs long term.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Can we talk about leasing the 4xe for a second? Why are so many people and dealerships recommending leasing it? Are you spending more money, in the long run, to lease a vehicle compared to financing it?

I understand that you get the federal and state tax incentives right away when leasing. But other than that, I do not understand why leasing the 4xe would be a good thing for the normal Wrangler owner who usually tends to keep theirs long term.
The tax credit comes out of the depreciation you finance with a lease, since the Residual's a set percentage of MSRP, it’s a direct reduction in lease payment.

Not necesarrrily significantly better vs financing in the long term if you buy it out, but it’s probably a $250 reduction in monthly cash flow for the course of the lease.

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I have had that "spontaneous shut down" at about 7,400 miles. I have plenty of warranty and I am confident they will get it resolved. I love this 4Xe and would not hesitate buying another. The Jeep Wrangler is not a rig for everyone and add the hybrid system to it and it makes for a very unique vehicle and that is one of the many things I like about it.

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
We just ordered a 22 JLUR 4XE to replace our 18 JLUR 2.0T. We did not order it the same way but had we, the sticker would have been $7800 more. Taking out the tax credit and adjusting for the price increases, the 4XE actually nets out to be less expensive. That isn't even including the fuel savings.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
You can eliminate that with making sure you are in 4 Auto and having the engine running. Torque is limited in 2H. Every 4xe drag race I've seen, the 4xe seems to always take the lead off the line.
After 1500 miles I finally used this. Came to a 2 lane light that goes to one just after the light. Some guy in a forester behind me sped up and got in the left lane to beat me to the merge when the light went red. So we were both sitting there waiting and I switched to 4auto. Was at 0% so the engine was running prior. Damn when the light changed was at 40 before I knew it. I timed the light right so I could have beat him in my jk. My point is that is definitely a difference not that I beat a forester lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: