Sponsored

Just buy the 4XE. Please do!

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Ok. To start I am sorry for all those having issues and I have only had mine a few weeks so I could certainly still run into problems.
That being said. THIS THING IS AWESOME. Off roading in complete silence is amazing. Did a 1hour 15 minute easy trail with the family a week ago. Still tons of battery power left at end.
Today came up with another awesome reason to get the 4XE. We did our neighborhood trick or treat today. (We have large yards so walking the whole thing is a bear). Everyone brings golf carts, pull behind trailers, etc.
I took the doors off our 4XE, and we got to go around the whole neighborhood in complete silence while the kids ran in and out. What a blast! Sure you could do this in a regular wrangler, but not coasting this quietly!
So go ahead, post a reason you love your 4XE. Even something that seems crazy like trick or treating with the doors off in silence.
This sub forum needs some positivity. Hope everyone with issues gets them resolved soon!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
We had to use the golf cart since today was the Haloween golf cart parade, but we love our 4xe. In addition to silent wheeling the max regen is like built in hill decent.
Also like the sweet EV parking spots.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Is it available in a two door yet?

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Wow! Those 4xe's are expensive. I went to Jeeps web page and built a 2021 4xe Rubicon with the exact same options on it that my 2.0T powered 2021 Rubicon has, and it cost $59,005. That is $12,000 more than my Rubicon cost me. Sorry, being able to plug in and wait 3 hours for a recharge, if I can find a place to do that in the Nevada desert, isn't worth the additional $12,000 to me.

A 2021 Rubicon with the same options as mine, but with a diesel engine instead of the 4xe, is "only" $6000 more than my Rubicon. So getting the 4xe upgrade cost twice as much as the diesel upgrade.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Wow! Those 4xe's are expensive. I went to Jeeps web page and built a 2021 4xe Rubicon with the exact same options on it that my 2.0T powered 2021 Rubicon has, and it cost $59,005. That is $12,000 more than my Rubicon cost me. Sorry, being able to plug in and wait 3 hours for a recharge, if I can find a place to do that in the Nevada desert, isn't worth the additional $12,000 to me.

A 2021 Rubicon with the same options as mine, but with a diesel engine instead of the 4xe, is "only" $6000 more than my Rubicon. So getting the 4xe upgrade cost twice as much as the diesel upgrade.
Does the 4xe come standard with anything your current Jeep doesn't have? You have to take that into account, plus the tax credit on the 4xe which brings those prices closer together.

As a side note, you don't HAVE to charge the 4xe, she's perfectly happy running in hybrid mode, keeping her baseline charge on her own so you have the extra power without needing to charge the battery.

Sponsored

fred17

First Name
frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 4xe overland
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just bought my 4xe in july 2021. Impossible to buy an other model due to eco tax (30000 euros in 2021 then 40000 in 2022) on 4x4 in my country. No eco tax on hybrid.
Fuel is very expensive. I drive every day on electric mode (70% electic 30% fuel)
I like silence on electric mode.
I remember, at each time i watch it, my jeep wyllis i drove 37 years ago

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Ok. To start I am sorry for all those having issues and I have only had mine a few weeks so I could certainly still run into problems.
That being said. THIS THING IS AWESOME. Off roading in complete silence is amazing. Did a 1hour 15 minute easy trail with the family a week ago. Still tons of battery power left at end.
Today came up with another awesome reason to get the 4XE. We did our neighborhood trick or treat today. (We have large yards so walking the whole thing is a bear). Everyone brings golf carts, pull behind trailers, etc.
I took the doors off our 4XE, and we got to go around the whole neighborhood in complete silence while the kids ran in and out. What a blast! Sure you could do this in a regular wrangler, but not coasting this quietly!
So go ahead, post a reason you love your 4XE. Even something that seems crazy like trick or treating with the doors off in silence.
This sub forum needs some positivity. Hope everyone with issues gets them resolved soon!
Thanks for saving me the trouble of making a similar posting.

Also, the quote tool on www.chryslerwarranties.com now requires you to be specific when choosing a Wrangler (regular, 4xe, diesel).
The verdict: its the same price!
Hmmm...so to the guys that have to pay for repairs, they estimate the 4xe is no more costly 10 years down the road.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

Yeah you have to compare apples to apples. I bought my Sahara 4xe before the price increases and after considering the tax credit, the 4xe version came out to less than the standard Sahara with the same options. More power, ability to run errands or commute to work on all electric, better gas mileage in hybrid mode…to me that was a no brainer to buy my 4xe.

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I off-road my 4xe, commute in my 4xe, take long road trips in my 4xe and do daily errands in my 4xe.

I hear people’s complaints about electric range and how it’s worse MPG-wise once the battery runs out. I hear you… but I’m getting like 40+ mpg when I average it all out (the real way, miles driven/gallons bought at the pump). IN A WRANGLER. If you are able to plug it in every day, you can do almost every daily activity you need to do in pure EV. I have a rubicon with aftermarket steel bumpers and a 1” front leveling spacer and we are easily seeing 25-27 miles pure electric. Yes, if you take a long road trip you will run out of electric miles, but if you’re doing one-two long trips a month, your daily EV drives will more than cancel out the 1-2 mpg difference between this and a standard engine.

My second vehicle is a Tesla, and as much as I love that car, I prefer to take the Jeep everywhere I can. The amazing part is I can do so guilt-free. Hands down, the 4xe is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

(your mileage may vary)
Sponsored